Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 745 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

How Marvel should reintroduce Blade into Movies

• 56 results
    phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@dernman: Marvel could hire another Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon type to handle this new universe though

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By dernman  Online

@phantom1527: I'm not too happy with Feige right now. He's one of the people behind the no magic-must be high science rule in the cinematic universe. I'm sure as you can tell it's a huge sticking point for me. :p

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Totally understand. I'm not the biggest fan of the MCU's tone from film to film (although i do think CATWS had a tone that was appropriate and not too silly) so I wouldn't want Feige leading this hypothetical anyway. It should be darker since its characters would be darker

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54 dernman  Online

@phantom1527: Agreed

I believe one of the many reasons Ghost Rider failed besides terrible script and casting was because they made it too flashy comic superhero like. They should have gone more dark horror.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Yeah I feel like that's the only way Marvel's horror/supernatural characters would work

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dernman: @jonny_anonymous: @phantom1527: Black Widow I'm sure probably needs to be able to fake accents since she is a spy.

I remember in Avengers Earth's Mightiet Heroes when it looked like she was on HYDRA's side she spoke in Russian twang.

Also for some reason movie makers seem to be afraid of being magic. I mean...what?? We can believe Asgard but magic is too much?!

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: @jonny_anonymous: @phantom1527: Black Widow I'm sure probably needs to be able to fake accents since she is a spy.

I remember in Avengers Earth's Mightiet Heroes when it looked like she was on HYDRA's side she spoke in Russian twang.

Also for some reason movie makers seem to be afraid of being magic. I mean...what?? We can believe Asgard but magic is too much?!

That's why I'm starting to think Blade should be a tv show. It seems like Whedon and Feige don't want to embrace magic (even though the Asgard is science not magic argument is flimsy) so I feel like Blade and other mystically based characters will be limited

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.