Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3722 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Scarlett Johansson Will Return as Black Widow in 'Iron Man 3'

• 71 results
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By InnerVenom123

I must be the only one who thinks the Extremis story arc would make a great Iron Man movie.

Because I'd love it if that was what Iron Man 3 was about.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

I must be the only one who thinks the Extremis story arc would make a great Iron Man movie.

Dude, you aren't. If this were to end the Iron Man movies (which I really hope isn't the case) the Extremist arc makes the most sense.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By X35

@InnerVenom123: Imo, i think that'd be best saved for a forth film... if just so it avoids people connecting it to Spider-Man 3 where the protagonist also got a dangerous new suit. Plus i think its a good "fresh slate" idea for a new director to take up the helm and make a potential second trilogy his own.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Dude, you aren't. If this were to end the Iron Man movies (which I really hope isn't the case) the Extremist arc makes the most sense.

If I ever wanna see any part of the Iron Man mythos come on film, I totally wanna see the first arc of the recent Invincible Iron Man.

But that probably wouldn't work within the context of him just getting the first Extremis. Unless they merged and re-worked the stories.

@X35 said:

@InnerVenom123: Imo, i think that'd be best saved for a forth film... if just so it avoids people connecting it to Spider-Man 3 where the protagonist also got a dangerous new suit. Plus i think its a good "fresh slate" idea for a new director to take up the helm and make a potential second trilogy his own.

Taking the opinions of people who would make that mistake into consideration is a waste of time.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

If I ever wanna see any part of the Iron Man mythos come on film, I totally wanna see the first arc of the recent Invincible Iron Man.

But that probably wouldn't work within the context of him just getting the first Extremis. Unless they merged and re-worked the stories.

I think that'd be pretty plausible. Just replace the bad guy from Extremis with Ezekiel Stane, work in the daddy issues and whatnot and credits, and you've got a blockbuster.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I think that'd be pretty plausible. Just replace the bad guy from Extremis with Ezekiel Stane, work in the daddy issues and whatnot and credits, and you've got a blockbuster.

True. But given how that story worked, I think Tony would have to lose a fight in the first half, then upgrade to Extremis while War Machine fights Stane's goons publicly and Black Widow infiltrates Stane's operation in the middle, then come back as the new Iron Man with War Machine for a finale.

Actually the more I think about it, the more kickass this sounds.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

True. But given how that story worked, I think Tony would have to lose a fight in the first half, then upgrade to Extremis while War Machine fights Stane's goons publicly and Black Widow infiltrates Stane's operation in the middle, then come back as the new Iron Man with War Machine for a finale.

There ya go. All I ask is for the fight scenes to not last less than 5 minutes. Seriously, of all the Marvel Studios movies, Iron Man has the least impact-full fight scenes.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

There ya go. All I ask is for the fight scenes to not last less than 5 minutes. Seriously, of all the Marvel Studios movies, Iron Man has the least impact-full fight scenes.

I hear ya.

Do you think Rescue could work in a movie?

Because I think so.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I hear ya.

Because I think so.

Ehhhhhhh no thanks. Don't get me wrong, I think she's cool in the comics, but her, plus Iron Man, plus War Machine might be a bit much imo. I think that if she's gonna be in the movies, it's gotta be later on.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I hear ya.

Because I think so.

Ehhhhhhh no thanks. Don't get me wrong, I think she's cool in the comics, but her, plus Iron Man, plus War Machine might be a bit much imo. I think that if she's gonna be in the movies, it's gotta be later on.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean in IM3. Probably IM4 or maybe a sequel to Avengers.

But you have to admit that seeing those three team up would be insane on screen.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I hear ya.

Because I think so.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean in IM3. Probably IM4 or maybe a sequel to Avengers.

But you have to admit that seeing those three team up would be insane on screen.

Definitely. Who'd they fight though? For something like that to happen, you'd need a pretty big threat.

Fin Fang Foom? A suped-up Ultimo?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Gambit1024 said:

Definitely. Who'd they fight though? For something like that to happen, you'd need a pretty big threat.

Definitely Fin Fang Foom.

But a revamped and scarier version, like the one from that "Viva Las Vegas" comic.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Rickbarry said:

Terrence Howard is rolling over in his grave.

HES DEAD?!?!?!?!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Rickbarry

@venomoushatred1001: lol. No, I used the idiom because his career is dead. He's alive and well as far as I know.

fourawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By fourawesome

would be better if it was recast. emily blunt doing anything?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Definitely Fin Fang Foom.

But a revamped and scarier version, like the one from that "Viva Las Vegas" comic.

I'd love to see them try to explain his origin, lol.

creole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By creole

Just give her a movie already, it can't be no worst than 'catwoman' & 'elektra'? or better than 'haywire' or 'salt'.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Alton

Yea! Avenger free Iron Man 3 at least until they change their minds next week.An Iron Man/War Machine centered plot would really rock and give us longer fight scenes against whoever. Which was my only complaint about the last one.For the Luva God no Mandarin or Namor.Namor isn't being considered for this is he?

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By blueninjapanther

Awesome can't wait for this movie to come out. I wonder who will be the villain for this movie. I wanna see Black Panther.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X35 said:

There's a new director for this movie why not now?

Also if Black Widow shows up in anything beyond a cameo then I'm going to make the irrational blanket statement that the movie will be just as bad as Iron Man 2...

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By COBRAMORPH

@creole said:

Just give her a movie already, it can't be no worst than 'catwoman' & 'elektra'? or better than 'haywire' or 'salt'.

I think that is the reason why Widow is not getting her own movie, but is instead leaching off the others. Hell drop both her AND Hawkeye. The avengers would have been better if any time wasted on them were used were it actually mattered. Maybe then Cap Hulk & Thor would have gotten more time in Iron Man 2.5, i mean, the Iron Man's Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.