Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3722 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Black Widow Will Not Appear in 'Iron Man 3'

• 62 results
    MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MrGutts

You folks that keep wishing for a movie for Black Widow, it's not going to happen before a Wonder Woman movie and we know when that is coming.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#52  Edited By Hawkeye446

Disappointed. I enjoyed Black Widow's portrayal in the Avengers, which was released here in Australia already. Her character was built upon and got some nice scenes, and was a pleasure to watch.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By wmwadeii

@Casshern said:

WHAT THE F***!!!!!

I'm Going to be GLAD she doesn't get her own movie...THAT WOULD BE COMPLETE BULL S***!

WHY?!! Halley Berry was to get her James Bond Character spin off and that didn't happen! I guess no one wants to see a lead spy girl on film. No not Charlie's Angels...thats a team and VERY CAMPY. doesn't count!

HAYWIRE, NO...That's a double cross thriller, those are easy. Its like being in a survivor slasher film.

With Alias (Awesome), Covert Affairs (Great), but then the failed couples spy tv series from the man behind Lost & The Star Trek Reboot. One might think to call the R word into this...but I'll hold my breath just a little more.

Everyone in all these spy stories is HOT/Capable and Great on screen...But I seem to see a failing somewhere. True we have a new Nikita (Also Great). But still the comfort zone seems (AND I MAY BE WAY OFF) to not favor a Lead Female African American super spy.

NO Austin Powers is VERY CAMPY...it doesn't count. And I mean Lead, not sharing the spotlight, a lead. Iike James Bond. Examples: Alias, Covert Affairs and New Nikita.

so..am I off...? or onto something?

Don't forget SALT with Jolie. Personally I don't see the Black Widow as a "Comic Book" character in the sense to make a Comic movie from. I even have a hard time relating to her in the Comics I read. I mean she has no super powers yet she fell from a 5 story building and walked away WTF.

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shackle

@MrGutts: Actually, there is a much, much better chance of a BW movie than a WW movie. Frankly, Marvel's movies have done a better job of finding an audience than the DC offerings, other than Nolan's Batman, so the studio will be more willing to take the chance, especially given the critical and financial juggernaut that The Avengers has become. And the WW movie will never be made because the WW fan base are a bunch of petulant whiners; BW doesn't have the same handicap, she will be allowed to make the adjustments necessary to make the transition as a solo movie subject. WW fans have a complete meltdown over something as trivial as COSTUME, fer crissakes; can you imagine the conniption they would have if a film maker tried to tweak the character to make it more palatable for the film medium? WW fans would go on a hunger strike. There will never be a WW movie, and WW fans have only themselves to blame for that fact.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By bloggerboy

I'm glad she won't be in IM3. They should give someone like Ms. Marvel her own movie.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lykopis

Bring on a Black Widow movie.

LaithemC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By LaithemC

Am i the only one who feels like she is shallow character (in the movies)?. I would have rather taken Scarlet Witch or Miss Marvel over Black Widow.

marvdeesee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By marvdeesee

they should make a movie about black widow and hawkeyes past, and how they got involved with shield.

Scribbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Scribbler

Well, after having seen The Avengers last Friday I can say I'm pretty excited about the prospect of seeing her reprise the role pretty much anywhere. It'd be cool if we get to see some of her story with Hawkeye as well.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By tg1982

@Mercy_ said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@Danial79 said:

I thought she was great in Avengers, though she really should have put on a Russian accent. She even mentioned being Russian in the film, and yet speaks with a perfect American accent? :/

Anyway, her and Hawkeye worked perfectly together, and I'd love to see more of them in the future :)

I don't think as international spy she should have accent to identify her nationality. Besides, I don't think she speaks with a russian accent in the comics either.

This is what I've been saying since people flipped their lids when she didn't have an accent in Iron Man 2.

And I've been agreeing with you since then too.

@SpidermanWins said:

@Mercy_ said:

@crowncoke said:

I really REALLY think that they could give her and Hawkeye a movie and still pull of the Bourne feel to it. I think it could be close to origins also where they are both on the 'other' side and get pulled into SHIELD.

I'd totally love to see that.

yes please

Ironically Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) is in the next Bourne movie

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By SpidermanWins

@tg1982 said:

@Mercy_ said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@Danial79 said:

I thought she was great in Avengers, though she really should have put on a Russian accent. She even mentioned being Russian in the film, and yet speaks with a perfect American accent? :/

Anyway, her and Hawkeye worked perfectly together, and I'd love to see more of them in the future :)

I don't think as international spy she should have accent to identify her nationality. Besides, I don't think she speaks with a russian accent in the comics either.

This is what I've been saying since people flipped their lids when she didn't have an accent in Iron Man 2.

And I've been agreeing with you since then too.

@SpidermanWins said:

@Mercy_ said:

@crowncoke said:

I really REALLY think that they could give her and Hawkeye a movie and still pull of the Bourne feel to it. I think it could be close to origins also where they are both on the 'other' side and get pulled into SHIELD.

I'd totally love to see that.

yes please

Ironically Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) is in the next Bourne movie

haha true story that is

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Alton

@pspin said:

If she gets her own movie, and Bucky/Winter Soldier is in it she would probably co-star in Captain America 2 and then get her own movie, as much as I think a Black Widow movie would be cool, I am not going to hold my breath.

If Bucky isn't in it it would probably co-star Hawkeye and be a SHEILD movie. This would be much less cool than if Bucky was in it...

How about a revival of the Champions with Widow,Winter Soldier , Sue Storm, Hawkeye,and War Machine? Were the Champions a short lived group Widow lead a few years back with other supes in it or do I have the wrong name? Might be a way to launch a few more characters into bigger movies using the Marvel Movie formula in reverse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.