Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

What Marvel isn't doing with the Black Panther

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By Blackreverend

Black Panther fans are getting fed up with how badly Marvel is handling one of their greatest characters... the Black Panther!

Probably the biggest topic concerning the Black Panther is what direction he's headed. Where is Marvel going with him? Will he ever return to his status as ruler of the world's most advanced civilization? Should he?

The truth is that David Liss has done a great job with T'Challa so far but there's so much that he and Marvel aren't doing...

So here's my top three list:

1. Marvel still hasn't dealt with the aftermath of Doom War.

Did Doom really give up that easily? He just packed up and went home? Isn't he angry? Doesn't he want revenge? What is Shadow Physics? Why isn't T'Challa exploring it's possibilities right now? Now that Wakanda has lost it's primary source of income, how will the citizens react to the loss of jobs, increase of crime rate and loss of technology? If Shuri is fighting Klaw, who is rulling the country? With the country vulnerable doesn't anyone want to invade?
    2. Marvel still hasn't told us what life is like in Wakanda.
    What does Wakanda really look like? How big is it? How does the government work? What about the different tribes? What about the different cults (Lion, White Gorilla, Crocodile)? If the Panther God showed up when vibranium did will she be leaving now that it's gone? Does Wakanda have any new heroes in training ( Almost all the current ones died in this storyline)? What's it like being a mutant in Wakanda? is Storm training or helping them?
    3. Marvel still hasn't invested in making Storm and T'Challa's marriage feel genuine.

How often do they see each other? Do they have shared estates and where are they located? Do they plan on having children? Will T'Challa ever spend time with the X-men?

So am i the only one that's waiting for answers to these questions? Will Marvel ever take my favorite character seriously? Comment below...
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Trodorne

you know what would answer your questions with this statement / idea....... Spider-Panther....AHHH!

Yes i too have been wondering what has been going on with wakanda since the aftermath of the doom war. and I would hope marvel's chief creative officer would be smart (PFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) and give us some story to deal with this bit of a hole in T'challa's life.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Blackreverend
    you made good points.

What's it like being a mutant in Wakanda? is Storm training or helping them?

The only Wakandan mutant I know is Gentle. And there was an issue from his POV about his feelings upon the return to Wakanda.
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackreverend
    @Trodorne said: you know what would answer your questions with this statement / idea....... Spider-Panther....AHHH! 

First of all I have no idea what ur saying lol but I'm kinda getting the feeling we'll never know :(

@Kairan1979 said:
    @Blackreverend
    you made good points.

What's it like being a mutant in Wakanda? is Storm training or helping them?

The only Wakandan mutant I know is Gentle. And there was an issue from his POV about his feelings upon the return to Wakanda.

I know but is he really the only one? and is he depowered now?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Blackreverend
    he is not depowered.
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Trodorne
    @Blackreverend: Black Panther has taken many personas so far in the marvel universe. replacing daredevil, soon to be captain america, im thinking next he should replace spider-man as Spider-panther.
    Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Atari_Graphics
    @Blackreverend: Excellent points, I'd love to see Marvel address these points.
    Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blackreverend
    @Kairan1979: Not Mday depowered lol Vibranium rendered useless depowered! 

@Trodorne: OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Well that seems like a cop out! I do recognise the pattern but I really don't agree with it... Why can't he be his own man?

@Atari_Graphics: Any in particular?
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osiris1428

Yeah, I mean look at comic vine. Right after X-Men: First Class, Darwin should have been trending, Batwing could have been trending with it being the only character from the Batmen Inc thing, but, for some reason, Voodoo is trending on "Popular Forums", and there is only one thread and one comment. NOt even a pic or anything. How many times have you ever seen 'Black Panther' trending? They don't want to take these type of characters seriously. Storm trends because her fans are on her board HARD. Harder than any other characters board it seems to me. Great questions by the way.

RZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RZX

Couldn't agree more there are so many holes, I would imagine that T'Challa was seeking revenge (and I still hope he will after HK). your #1 should be the driving force of the Character now.

There are still many subplots that aren't exploited...David Liss has indeed done a good job, but like you said overall, nobody really knows what T'Challa stands for or when his vagabond year will stop. Personally, I was so fed up after Doom war, that I just decided to write my own versions, hopefully Marvel will be pissed and decide to address the issue...lol 

For life in Wakanda, and all the juicy points you raised, this is how I'd deal with it.: http://www.regiszoula.com/wakanda-secrets-of-the-past.html

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By labarith

Solution to this madness: 
    1.  Give Daredevil back his old book, then cancel his new book. 
    2.  Make "Storm and the X-men", set it in Wakanda (or just outside Wakanda), and... 
    3.  Give Black Panther his own book.  Deal with the shit that's going on w/ Wakanda, and then give him some actual baddies to fight that aren't monkey-skin-clad dufusses or sentient-sound. 

Now... as for Doom... he's got his hands full on the FF right now.  After that, who knows...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

I think Marvel just likes to see how far they can stretch their fans before they get fed up and hate one of their fav characters at least thats how it seems to me. I like BP and I love Storm, but when Marvel puts them together I think they make the BP to controling and Storm to passive. An alternate timeline story about their kids may help put them back in the light. I had an idea about Their son being a mutant with Storms White hair and blue eyes and having control over air pressure and their daughter being the Black panther after Wakanda was invaded and Tchalla was killed by Doom. Storm is older and the three lead a resistance movement against Doom.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Osiris1428
    @Blood1991: That could be a cool story. They fanily did a story with Storm and T'Challa, and I liked it. I hope this series only gets better.
    Spidey_Guy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Spidey_Guy1

Great points. I say put Reggie Hudlin back on the book because he's the last writer that really had a great idea of what the Black Panther is about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.