Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3340 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

T'Challa's Next Love Interest

• 107 results
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PassionFlower

Yeah, yeah, yeah I loved him and Storm and harbored maybe a sliver of a hope of some sort of reconciliation but that's gone like the morning mist so time to move on and our boy needs a girl. So the question is who? I want a dynamic duo so she needs to be a beauty and powered. My first thought is for Hickman to create a character for him so she is free and unattached no strings no baggage. Perhaps she could have ties to Bastet. Or there is Monica Rambeau whom I really like and is woefully under utilized. Or if he still has a thing for Mutant chicks--how about Wanda? Just putting it out there. Let's discuss...

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By windcaster

I don't know Passion I think Storm was and still is the only one for T'challa. Like you I doubt they will ever reunite but Storm raised the bar pretty high.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Umbraa

Wanda would be funny as hell though (since she whipped out mutants). Namora would also be really funny, Namor would probably think he is positioning to "Game of Thrones" him.Quake would be ok. Monica R (but Voodoo is T'challa's boy, so...). Idk....

T'challa might have gained longevity in F4 608 as King of the Dead (read the opening page, where it says immortal under Lee and Kirby...during that run there was always hints to things going on in the story in the book), so maybe a Goddess, since he would need someone who would not age.

Idk, Jason Aaron said some things on his FB site and he seems to keep writing Storm and T'challa together. A+X story, and then said that T'challa show up at the Jean Grey School for Learning...my question is why?

Someday, maybe. For now, look for A + X #4 where I do a Storm/Black Panther story. And expect to see T'Challa on occasion in WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN.
    I'd say it's always best to reserve judgement on a story until you've actually read it.
    ---Jason Aaron on writing Black Panther again and T'challa showing up in the X-verse, and the cover.
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PassionFlower

@windcaster: I totally agree, Storm is my girl. She did raise the bar and she was his perfect match or at least should have been...but if they are not together then it doesn't sit well with me for him not to move on even as she (seemingly) has.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

This would serve Wolverine right! Love triangle!Seriously X-23 is too young though!

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PassionFlower

@evilvegeta74: Now that's hilarious!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Umbraa said:

Namora would also be really funny, Namor would probably think he is positioning to "Game of Thrones" him.

I really like this idea. And after Herc who else could Namora possibly date?
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@PrinceIMC: Thanks for the idea, I fixed that!

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PassionFlower

@Umbraa said:

Wanda would be funny as hell though (since she whipped out mutants). Namora would also be really funny, Namor would probably think he is positioning to "Game of Thrones" him.Quake would be ok. Monica R (but Voodoo is T'challa's boy, so...). Idk....

T'challa might have gained longevity in F4 608 as King of the Dead (read the opening page, where it says immortal under Lee and Kirby...during that run there was always hints to things going on in the story in the book), so maybe a Goddess, since he would need someone who would not age.

Idk, Jason Aaron said some things on his FB site and he seems to keep writing Storm and T'challa together. A+X story, and then said that T'challa show up at the Jean Grey School for Learning...my question is why?

Someday, maybe. For now, look for A + X #4 where I do a Storm/Black Panther story. And expect to see T'Challa on occasion in WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN.
    I'd say it's always best to reserve judgement on a story until you've actually read it.
    ---Jason Aaron on writing Black Panther again and T'challa showing up in the X-verse, and the cover.

Wanda needs someone who is strong and stable and I am a Witch fan so that's why I thought of her but the reaction would be amusing. Namora would be funny and karma-like. I know in that mini Monica dated Drumm but in his series he was dating a nurse and she never was mentioned. His raising profile would do wonders for her and I like her a lot. I like the Goddess idea a real whole lot. Very much so as they get into the mystery of his ascension so we need to put a pin in that.

The Jason Aaron comments...I don't know how to take that...I mean...what? First of all I can't believe T'Challa in an X book and second of all....why? OK we know why (or whom) he'd visit...but...why? I half expected that from Bendis... I don't like messy, I want a clean break. Hopefully as friends.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PassionFlower

...Btw way where is Namora and maybe I should check out 'Game of Thrones'...

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Umbraa

Yes, check GoTs out...it's awesome stuff. Not sure where she is though...and X-23 would be funny as hell. haha

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By windcaster

@Umbraa: Do you think there going have the quintessential "Ross and Rachel" relationship?

@PassionFlower: I do think that Monica is a good choice and could create some drama between him and Drumm(if he were to come back). I had thought that Susan Richards would be a good choice, but for obvious reasons that could never ever happen.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mega_spidey01

monica rambeau would be cool. i vote for spider-woman or white tiger ( angela del toro). wanda could go crazy again so i'm not ok with that idea.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Umbraa

How about Future Val, LMAO that would be funny. Reed would go crazy. haha. Windcaster, I have no idea. Another character, how about Monet? They would play off of each other well. Though she is with Peter David. Another, Okoye from Priest run, the former Dora.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By windcaster

@Umbraa: Okoye is a evocative choice. I don' t read X-Factor so I'm going to have think more about that one. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel brings back Monica Lynne. Especially if they have plans to make a BP movie.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Umbraa

I don't think Monica Lynne fits at all to be truthful. I always thought she was out of place. Maybe back in the day, but I doubt they are going to use her or bring her back. Specially not Hickman and especially with the direction T'challa is headed.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By windcaster

I agree, but marketing often times has a big factor in how things are done in comics. Like the rumors of Carol Danvers being in Avengers 2 and her sudden make over for example.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Umbraa

@windcaster said:

I agree, but marketing often times has a big factor in how things are done in comics. Like the rumors of Carol Danvers being in Avengers 2 and her sudden make over for example.

Sure, but I really don't think she has much if any marketing value truthfully. That's why they got rid of her as a supporting character...at least Priest did. Notice that Marvel is moving back toward Priest stuff with the tone in NA. If you read the original BP story, she not a of it at all, I highly doubt they will use her at all because they run the risk of messing with the tone of the story. It's not the same as Thor and Jane Foster.

She was created by Roy Thomas in Avengers #73 ( the Sons of the Serpent), there is ZERO chance that story will be made...

...and this wasn't exactly a time for T'challa as a character imho. Don Mcgregor used her in Panther's Prey early 90's, which was good...but again her parts kinda took away from the story to me. Where Panther's Rage from Jungle Action was better because they didn't go there. The only way I see this happening is if they got someone like Beyonce to play her...and I just think it would mess the tone of the entire story...like she did in the comic books...we are more likely to see Ross then Monica.

If anything Chris Yost (who writes for Marvel Studios also) adaptation from Avengers EMH Panther's Quest episode is what they will likely do. That is adapted from several black panther stories, including FF #52, Avengers #52 (both origin stories). That's how he could join the Avengers.

Maybe in a BP part 2, but I just think she would be a waste. I'd rather it be Monica Rambeau or another hero or something. Not a damsel in distress, which is what Monica Lynne is at her core.

As for Captain Marvel, well they want female heroes, which was lacking. She's quite different then Monica Lynne (damsel in distress character), and they wanted to push Carol, who is a Avenger. Plus, she fits in with the cosmic stuff the are doing. So there are a number of different reasons to have her...Monica Lynne not so much. For female characters in BP, you have Queen Mother, Shuri and even Bast if they go that route.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Umbraa

M

Okoye (my personal favorite).

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PassionFlower

@Umbraa: What do you think Aaron is doing, I mean incorporating T'Challa into WATXM on occasion?His Secret Invasion BP arc was masterful and he often has spoken of enjoying writing the character. I know you can't always judge a (comic) book by the cover but if he makes Ororo/T'Challa a 'Rachel/Roy' from Friends thing I will be quite displeased.End them or mend them, either one.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Umbraa

@PassionFlower said:

@Umbraa: What do you think Aaron is doing, I mean incorporating T'Challa into WATXM on occasion?His Secret Invasion BP arc was masterful and he often has spoken of enjoying writing the character. I know you can't always judge a (comic) book by the cover but if he makes Ororo/T'Challa a 'Rachel/Roy' from Friends thing I will be quite displeased.End them or mend them, either one.

I have no idea. I'm waiting to judge because remember the Scott/Storm kissing cover that everyone over-reacted too. But he keeps writing them together for some reason. All the AvX stuff with them was written by Aaron. Then the A+X issue, and then the WATXM stuff. So I agree with you, either mend or end, period. But I don't think we will know until the A+X and the WATXM. I'm wondering if she is getting a title where he shows up as a supporting character from time to time maybe? A duel/co-star title by Aaron? But honestly I don't have a pulse yet on this one.

I agree either one and keep it moving. Right now both seem to be headed in good places I think.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By windcaster

@PassionFlower: I felt that way to at first, but Storm and T'challa's relationship are very symbolic to the rift between the X-Men and Avengers. Part of me wants the writers at Marvel to use them as tools to ease tensions between the respective teams gradually over time.

@Umbraa: Agreed. Maybe someone at Marvel will create an entire new character/love interest for him. Also just thought of the Somalian mutant Lightbright could be another potential candidate. Given her history and lack of development it gives writers a lot of creative freedom to use her.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Umbraa

@windcaster said:

@PassionFlower: I felt that way to at first, but Storm and T'challa's relationship are very symbolic to the rift between the X-Men and Avengers. Part of me wants the writers at Marvel to use them as tools to ease tensions between the respective teams gradually over time.

@Umbraa: Agreed. Maybe someone at Marvel will create an entire new character/love interest for him. Also just thought of the Somalian mutant Lightbright could be another potential candidate. Given her history and lack of development it gives writers a lot of creative freedom to use her.

I just looked her up. I remember her. Someone should use her (Lightbright). Maybe Bendis will, he like obscure characters.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BlackWind

Get T'Challa a white girl.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PassionFlower

Never heard of Lightbright but her being mutant and Somalian makes her an intriguing option.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PassionFlower

@windcaster said:

Honestly I thought they would be symbolic of the rift that was AVX AND reconciliation that was Marvel Now. I never they would actually END end them. Knew it was possible but I didn't think that would be the end result.

Genki_Sudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Genki_Sudo

@Umbraa said:

I would like to give Aaron the all blind faith hyped on him but his issue of Versus ended that, I will wait and see with him like Hickman's NA

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#28  Edited By Teerack

No one.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PassionFlower

@Genki_Sudo said:

@Umbraa said:

I would like to give Aaron the all blind faith hyped on him but his issue of Versus ended that, I will wait and see with him like Hickman's NA

You're right I think Aaron has A LOT to make up for with his AVX Vs that was hor-ri-ble. It is idiotic and absolutely sickening. I was very surprised by it I expected a lot more from him. I don't know what to expect from his A+X BP/Storm one shot.

Genki_Sudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Genki_Sudo

@PassionFlower said:

You're right I think Aaron has A LOT to make up for with his AVX Vs that was hor-ri-ble. It is idiotic and absolutely sickening. I was very surprised by it I expected a lot more from him. I don't know what to expect from his A+X BP/Storm one shot.

I don't know what was up with that issue, it's damn near like it was written by someone else entirely and they just slapped his name on it like they did to Rozum on Static Shock

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Umbraa

@Genki_Sudo said:

@PassionFlower said:

I don't know what was up with that issue, it's damn near like it was written by someone else entirely and they just slapped his name on it like they did to Rozum on Static Shock

@PassionFlower said:

@Genki_Sudo said:

@Umbraa said:

agreed with you both, I was like WTF, when I read it. Like really, wow.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@BlackWind said:

Get T'Challa a white girl.

yeah or a latina girl !

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By dernman

Well Hickman will have control of BP in New Avengers

Mykhael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mykhael

I don't want T'Challa to have another hero type because it will take away from the Preist Tone that Umbraa and I believe Marvel is moving back towards...I think.

BUT Okoye is great. But I would love to see a more mature and grown Queen Divine Justice or even Sofija become his love interest. Anyone one of these women can handle themselves but wouldn't have the burden of needing to appear in their own or anyonelses stories.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PassionFlower

I loved the 'Robin' Sofija played for him in BPMWF she was great I'd love to see her and Okoye certainly looks GREAT...but I'm still hoping for somneone who when he gets with they will be as epic as he and storm should have been allowed to be. Besides in one book she is in a dalliance with Thor and another potentially Wolverine I would like to see him do better than the girl next door.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mega_spidey01

black panther needs a new girl who's hot as jean grey, intelligence like emma frost, and has a down to earth personality like kitty pride.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Night Thrasher
    M
    M

She's one the only characters in the MU with the grace and beauty to be an actual princess. And she's a minority, and better yet a Muslim which I'm pretty sure a good population of the Wakandans are! Other than Storm, who was the perfect fit, Monet is a distant second best!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Blood1991

He should date a civilian woman, but a bad ass one like an ambassador, or intelligence officer. Go find his Princess Diana.

RatFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RatFace

@Mega_spidey01 said:

black panther needs a new girl who's hot as jean grey, intelligence like emma frost, and has a down to earth personality like kitty pride.

Please, as Wanda said no more mutants.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mega_spidey01
    sexy she-hulk !
    sexy she-hulk !
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PassionFlower

@Night Thrasher said:

M
    M

She's one the only characters in the MU with the grace and beauty to be an actual princess. And she's a minority, and better yet a Muslim which I'm pretty sure a good population of the Wakandans are! Other than Storm, who was the perfect fit, Monet is a distant second best!

I like her. I like her looks and bearing and that she is a WoC. And I like she is a mutant. What do you think of Monica Rambeau?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Night Thrasher

@PassionFlower: Monica Rambeau is a little too commony(if that's a word). She's cool, but lacks the regal presence to be with T'Challa. It would seem that she would be better with someone like Blade or Rhodey.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PassionFlower

@Night Thrasher said:

@PassionFlower: Monica Rambeau is a little too commony(if that's a word). She's cool, but lacks the regal presence to be with T'Challa. It would seem that she would be better with someone like Blade or Rhodey.

That's interesting Monica is 'commony' she is a home girl. I see the appeal to the idea of him with that person of royal bearing but then again it might be fun to see a person like Monica try to grow into the role.I could see her struggling with feeling that everyone is comparing her to Storm (as they would) They would definitely be a contrast.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mega_spidey01

blade is with spitfire.

how about bp and spider-woman?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PassionFlower

@Mega_spidey01 said:

blade is with spitfire.

I am a true Jessica Drew fan I root for her like I do Carol Danvers and others who have been through the wringer...but I would say a big fat NOOOOO, lol.For one she is with Hawkeye at the moment and for another she is...how can I be kind..she is the opposite of royalty. She is the chick you leave the bar with at closing time. I love her but truth is truth.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Night Thrasher

@PassionFlower said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

blade is with spitfire.

I am a true Jessica Drew fan I root for her like I do Carol Danvers and others who have been through the wringer...but I would say a big fat NOOOOO, lol.For one she is with Hawkeye at the moment and for another she is...how can I be kind..she is the opposite of royalty. She is the chick you leave the bar with at closing time. I love her but truth is truth.

@Mega_spidey01 said:

blade is with spitfire.

Won't work...T'Challa is African royalty he must be with an African or at the very least African American woman. If not, it's like he's telling every woman in his country that they're not good enough. The only other woman in the Marvel U that I could see other than Storm or M is Namora who is also royalty and a minority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After being put through the worst forced marriage in recent comics history, T'Challa is going to spend at least the next year big pimpin on his yacht picking up ladies up and down the coast.

Hang up the Black Panther, break out the Sex Panther

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PassionFlower

I want him in a relationship because I am a relationship person but there is something to say for him enjoying the fruits of (and hunnies) bachelorhood. A girl in every port (planet, etc). I never considered that. Now that is not how I see him, I want him settled down with a good woman but enjoying being single is a way they might go. "Break out Sex Panther" lol!

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just kidding, couldn't resist using an Anchorman Sex Panther reference.

At this point I think T'Challa is back to being all about the business, if Marvel cut out the relationship so they could focus on bringing him to the forefront of the Marvel U, I'm all for it. Once the character is on track then you can integrate a new relationship.

With the new New Avengers lineup I think he is going to be a little busy for courting the ladies for the near future.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It's either Storm or nobody. I don't want to see him with anyone else. BP & STORM is what should have happened with them relationship wise. Hickman is the perfect writer to do them some justice together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.