Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

New T'challa?...

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackPanther

Yeh you read the subject title right... Apparently there's gonna be a new T'challa

The whole reason I was thinking about this is because of a few comments left by Jonathan Maberry (the new writer)... I left a quote and a link bellow...

When asked what his plans for T'challa is, Maberry answered:
    "One of the joint ideas –laid down in Reggie's arc and continued through the new arc—is that T'Challa is going through some serious changes. He's not the Panther any more and readers are going to be blown away by his journey, his motivations, and his choices. I can pretty much guarantee that people will be talking about this for a long time."

After being asked if T'challa is gonna stay in the book, Maberry said:
    "There are some real surprises coming in the T'Challa story, and unless Marvel whacks me over the head for saying so, I think Wakanda's noblest son will be around –in one form or another—for a long, long time."

And Hudlin said:
    "T'Challa will always be in the book. It's just how he appears"
    http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/981/981788p2.html

I'm thinking his coma is some sort of cocoon type state which is helping his metamorphosis into something new... I wonder if he'll turn into some sort of were-panther, because it has been indicated more than once that he can take this form. One of them was in the mangaverse comics where he could change into a were-panther and another was in the ultimates 2 film (there are other occasions which I can't recall right now). Yeh I know these didn't have anything to do with the main storyline but it could be an indication. I honestly don't care what he becomes as long as he looks kool, kills allot of villains and the storyline is darker

Tell me what you think

Stay Blessed

Peace

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Can't say "no" for sure, but I don't think that's quite what they were thinking. I feel like they might be making him more monarch and less action hero, or maybe even a helping spirit (though i really doubt that). I'm thinking more that his role will change (or be more focused) than any kind of physical change. That's just my guess though.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackPanther
    @Buckshot said:
    " Can't say "no" for sure, but I don't think that's quite what they were thinking. I feel like they might be making him more monarch and less action hero, or maybe even a helping spirit (though i really doubt that). I'm thinking more that his role will change (or be more focused) than any kind of physical change. That's just my guess though. "
    Yeh I can see what you mean... I hope they don't take him out the picture and leave him as a supporting character... I honestly wouldn't see him just stepping aside and letting someone else take the role he worked to gain.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I think BP will be a supporting character for awhile. Obviously from some of the scans I've seen, T'Challa will be crippled (There's a scan in which someone is helping him shower and he's in a floating wheel chair). Like Buckshot said above it seems like he'll be less of a superhero/action oriented, and more of a Monarch. BP fans arent use to seeing him so vulnerable. On a side note, the current BP run has easily been one of if not thee best BP story.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Gambler said:
    " I think BP will be a supporting character for awhile. Obviously from some of the scans I've seen, T'Challa will be crippled (There's a scan in which someone is helping him shower and he's in a floating wheel chair). Like Buckshot said above it seems like he'll be less of a superhero/action oriented, and more of a Monarch. BP fans arent use to seeing him so vulnerable. On a side note, the current BP run has easily been one of if not thee best BP story. "
    I read #4................I have SSSOOOO many theories. 
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

*Sighs*

>_<

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.