Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3340 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

I know this is random...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock

But, I just watched the first episode of Avengers: EMH, season 2. It actually states that T'Challa has enhanced strength and speed, plus enhanced senses (unlike what's stated in the previous season, in that he only have enhanced senses).

I have nothing to worry about, now that he's the way he should be, plus somewhat based on Priest's version of Black Panther.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Are you asking a question or simply stating that you like the change?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Static Shock

@ReVamp said:

I like the change.

Christopher Yost owns!

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Static Shock said:

@ReVamp said:

I like the change.

Christopher Yost owns!

Although I don't watch it, the bold is still true. :D

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

BB

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Umbraa

@Static Shock:

He was all that in the first season also. I think he confirmed it in the comic book tied to the show. I will see If I have it on file somewhere...and Hickman is taking on the Panther now. So expect those things to be translated to 616, finally.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Loki9876

@Umbraa: Is Hickman writing a new Panther series?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Loki9876 said:

No but Panther will be in his last to FF issues before he leaves the series

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Loki9876

@spiderbat87: aw

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Umbraa

@spiderbat87 said:

@Loki9876 said:

No but Panther will be in his last to FF issues before he leaves the series

I think he is taking on the Panther...there are two stories talking about it. He can't got into the what they are going to do yet. He is just starting it in the Fantastic Four issues

http://pwc.marvel.com/news/story/18571/fantastic_four_return_of_the_panther

“In the recent past the Panther's lost his throne and the country has seemingly lost its priceless resource [of Vibranium],” notes writer Jonathan Hickman. “Which is one of the reasons Reed Richards thinks he's there [in Wakanda].

“Reed and the rest of the FF will get the appropriate reception that a life-long friend, intellectual peer and habitual heroes would receive.”

Hickman counts himself as a fan of T’Challa and looks forward to spotlighting him. He also notes that despite the character’s long history and royal pedigree, there’s still room to make him even cooler.

“I don't think that I'm pigeonholed as a writer, but certain character types do seem to come easier for me,” he points out. “Smart dudes who happen to be kings who happen to have storied legacies who happen to rule secret science cities seems to be one of them.

The writer’s intense, epic-scale work on FANTASTIC FOUR has involved many monarchs and other royal-type folk in his War of Four Cities and Forever stories, so one might wonder how he feels The Black Panther stacks up against such personages.“I absolutely love some chunks of what Christopher Priest did [with The Black Panther]. I thought Jason Aaron did strong work on his Secret Invasion issues. Heck, I can go through and pick out good things that everyone who's worked on the character has done. Certainly Reginald Hudlin, who set up most of the current status quo, and certainly David Liss, who just wrapped up the most recent run. But if you exclude the Silver and Bronze Age stuff—which, for me, was really a dissimilar time with wildly different expectations and parameters—and look only at modern runs of Black Panther appearances, it's obvious that we haven't nailed it like we want to. By that, I mean the Black Panther should be huge, one of our bigger characters. Hopefully everything we're planning for this year can result in us achieving that.”

“Equally impressive,” he assures us. “Equally as important, if not more because of where we are headed.”

And in terms of what FANTASTIC FOUR readers might expect from the book after T’Challa’s long-overdue return?

“Oh, just fun stuff,” Hickman teases. “Think of it like spending time with friends before you have to say goodbye.”

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38204

Longtime fans of the character may recall that the Black Panther and his home country of Wakanda first made their debut back in 1966's "Fantastic Four" #52, and Hickman is enjoying welcoming the character back to the comic where he first appeared. "He's a pretty great character. Even though he's not on the throne currently, he's basically a king of a secret science city, which is right up my alley. So far he's been really easy to write," Hickman said. "There are a lot of reasons why we're telling this story, and I can't talk about a lot of them. The few things I can mention are that we've got some 'Avengers Vs. X-Men' stuff that needs to be sorted out a bit before we can get into 'AvX'-proper. So I'm going to do a little bit of that. There's also some mythology we want to revisit. And then there are the other things, which will have to wait.

"T'Challa, his sister Shuri, the current Black Panther, and his wife Storm are all in this story," Hickman continued. "The whole thing takes place in Wakanda in the time between David Liss' last issue and 'AvX.' I actually just reread a bunch of Black Panther stuff; the Priest issues, the Hudlin stuff, Jason Aaron's 'Secret Invasion' arc, the Liss run and 'DoomWar,' all of which was a lot of fun. Honestly, what's not fun about reading comics for research? Anyway, very cool stuff coming up for T'Challa and crowd."

So yeah, he is going to take on the Panther in some form. Maybe a solo, Maybe if he takes over the Avengers...but it's more then the F4 issues.

Also for Static...

No Caption Provided

Cheers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Umbraa: I don't think he is taking him on when he says "we" he means Marvel as a whole, nothing he says really stands out as if he would be writing a book also a doubt they would cancel his series then give him another one so soon

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Umbraa

I don't know about that. No one is saying he is having a solo. He might appear in the Avengers,which Hickman is rumored to take over after Bendis and AvX. And he is currently a member of the Avengers as we speak. That's what I'm saying. He is not talking about two issues...which is why he talked about writing certain characters, being easier to write.

“I don't think that I'm pigeonholed as a writer, but certain character types do seem to come easier for me,” he points out. “Smart dudes who happen to be kings who happen to have storied legacies who happen to rule secret science cities seems to be one of them."

He is not saying that for two issues. He is just starting there and has something else planned later. The "we" is Marvel...he isn't doing it alone. There are editors like Brevoort, and the Art team. So of course its "we"... and when he said we...he was talking about the F4 issues, which is just the beginning. THERE IS A REASON HE IS TELLING THAT TWO ISSUE ARC.

So again, when he said "we" he was talking about why they are telling the F4 featuring him.

I mean what's the problem? He's going to work with the character.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Umbraa: Sttill, nothing you'v said makes me think he'll be doing anything with him other than FF

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Umbraa

Ok man. Whatever. It's right there. He says I'm going to being doing a bit of that...and then the stuff that comes after. LOL...

stuff that needs to be sorted out a bit before we can get into 'AvX'-proper. So I'm going to do a little bit of that. There's also some mythology we want to revisit. And then there are the other things, which will have to wait.

Ok. man...like I said whatever. He is indeed doing things afterward ...AvX 8-10 takes place Wakanda. So If he is writing AvX which he is..then he is doing something afterward. Smh.

Makes a ton of sense he would research 142 issues of Black Panther, taking notes of what he likes and does not like...just to write two F4 issues with the Panther in it.

Heck, I can go through and pick out good things that everyone who's worked on the character has done.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock

@Umbraa: In the first season, T'Challa a conversation with Hawkeye (who tried to ingest the Heart Shaped Herb internally), telling him that it only enhances the senses and that it has to be applied to the skin. He may have been all in the first season, but the script didn't make that clear. Thanks for the scan, though.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Umbraa

Yeah...if you read the comic, he also was not telling everything. Like for example, Hawkeye didn't know he could see in the dark. Playing up the whole mysterious thing. On the T.V show the script certainly didn't, but the comic tied to the T.V made it clear that he was. Same with Cap...he has Enhanced Strength.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.