Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

How should I get started on Black Panther Comics?

OKO360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have never read any Black Panther Comics and would like to get started. I would like to read about Black Panthers story from beginning (origins) to his most recent adventures. Could any of you advise where I should start from? If Black Panther has too many to comics could you suggest the most important ones that are canon. Remember from beginning to most recent please! :D Thanks!

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

I was having a similar problem. I feel like it's a lot more confusing on the Marvel side of things (probably just because I have read a fair bit of DC and am used to it). But does anyone have any suggestions?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@flashknight: @oko360:

Saw no reply to this so I'll chime in. Read Black Panther: The Client. I think you can still get it on Amazon, or perhaps at your local public library. I read it using Marvel's Unlimited subscription service. It's a 5-issue story where his character is perfectly introduced while delving into his origin toward the end.

I'm not going to lie. It's probably the best thing I've read in the last couple months and I've been reading a lot of comics. It's just a unique breath of fresh air. I can't understand why more people haven't raved about this book. It's awesome.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By FlashKnight
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed the Secret Invasion arch by Jason Aaron "See Wakanda and Die" that was very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.