Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

How do you feel about T'Challa running the New Avengers?

• 57 results
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Umbraa

@Vance Astro said:

@Umbraa said:

I read what you are saying. I'm saying it's a opinion. Why? because it is. Again, Captain America HAS been on teams where he was not the leader, including Avengers teams. NEW Avengers is a team and as Hickman said Cap and Stark are building that team based on things going on in NEW Avengers and to face the large threats.

So your opinion is that it would not make sense. Mine is that it doesn't matter.

I don't think you did because you keep reposting Hickman's words as if to suggest they contradict my own but they don't. There has been several Avengers teams over the last 5-6 years and there has always been a reason for leadership change. I thought that the New Avengers would simply be a superhero team like they had been in the past I didn't know the roster. I only heard that Cap and Black Panther were both on the team but Black Panther was leading. The only reason I could assume they would let Black Panther lead is because Cap is already a member of another team that he leads and wouldn't be able to divide the time. Now that I know they are the Illuminati and knowing what I know about how the group is structured from their previous incarnation under Bendis, it makes sense to me that, someone with T'Challa's intellect and his experience as king would assume a leadership role there, otherwise it DOESN'T make sense, WITHOUT a proper explanation. No writer takes a over a team book and makes a character the leader without a valid explanation.

@Mykhael said:

Flawed Logic: A has always been the leader so B can’t lead.

That was never anyone's logic. My logic was, if there was going to be an Avengers team with Captain America on it that he's not leading, there should be a logical explanation for it.

@Mykhael said:

Explanation of Flaw: Just because A has been the leader and is effective doesn’t mean that B can’t be just as effective or even more so.

This is flawed logic because in the case that the effective leader is still effective, why would the team change leaders?

@Mykhael said:

Just because A has been leader doesn’t mean that he can’t follow, especially if he HAS been a soldier who follows orders.

Nobody ever said that Cap has always lead every team he's been on.

@Mykhael said:

Explanation of Flaw: Leading before does not mean always leading.

Which is obvious and nobody ever said the opposite.

Sadly...he's doing just that. Cap may not even have a huge role...but he is on the Illuminati. T'challa is bring them together and leading. End of topic. Besides, Cap is going to have a reduced role.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

Cap may not even have a huge role

And he shouldn't.
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By PassionFlower

This is the Marvel Now book I'm looking forward to by far the most.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Umbraa

@PassionFlower said:

This is the Marvel Now book I'm looking forward to by far the most.

the same...this and Avengers.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @BlackArmor

@TheCrowbar said:

About damn time.

this

2X
    Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rell127

I like the fact Marvel is letting him run his own team hopfully Marvel will give him a solo series. I would also love to see him add Suri to the team.

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NazarethSavage
    @Rell127 said:

I would also love to see him add Suri to the team.

I would rather Shuri get her own superhero persona and join another team of Avengers. I've grown tired of characters living in the shadows of others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.