Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3340 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Black Panther apart of the Marvel Now New Avengers Team

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WildStyle

Just giving you all a heads up, Marvel released the variant cover of New Avengers #1 yesterday. Since it wasn't accompanied with a proper reveal or info, it was probably done accidentally.

No Caption Provided

Since this is an Illuminati inspired team, I expect there to be a couple more characters not shown on the image above. Xavier and Namor's roster spots have to be filled obviously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WildStyle

bump

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Twentyfive

Awesome. I would have liked a solo, but if Hickman is behind the writing duties, it's all good.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Dammit. Wanted to avoid multiple Avengers titles but BP plus Hickman is a damn good reason for me to get this. I'm tempted.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Loki9876

best team ever but they need more members.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

Thank goodness when I saw the line up covers I was p!ssed Black Panther wasn't there. Hickman writes an Epic Tchalla.

I'm still holding out for Storm and She Hulk, but I doubt either will be on his team oh well.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'll pick this up. glad to bp on the team. i wonder what's gonna happen to luke cage? maybe he can join too.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

Looks really cool.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By moneyspider1

I wish Storm was also on this team.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PassionFlower

I'm aboard this. Interested in how they round out the team I'm guessing Magneto and/or Storm, Susan Richards, Dr Strange and Agent Brand. Maybe Valkyrie and Moon Dragon.

Juggy313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Juggy313

Storm is already confirmed on uncanny X-force with Pyslocke.. I am very happy with this team so far... Hickman + Black Panther = outcold...

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By moneyspider1

Well, here's hoping she can do double-duty on an X-Men team and an Avengers teams. Other characters can be on multiple teams AND have a solo title, so there should be no problem with Storm doing it. Plus, Storm was already on the Avengers team (written by Bendis) while she was still in the X-books.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PassionFlower

I wish Storm was aboard but from what I hear from folks who pay closer attention to these things it doesn't seem likely to happen. But I'm still very much excited about it.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By moneyspider1

It might happen eventually...Marvel can't seriously expect us to be okay with her only Avengers appearances in the 616 to have been just her drooling on the floor. I'm sick of the double-standard that Marvel has regarding certain characters...Wolverine can be on every team in existence AND manage to lead his own separate life in his solo book, but Storm has to be locked away in the X-corner of the Marvel Universe. It's ridiculous and quite frankly quite insulting...not only to the Storm character but also to her fans. Marvel has to do better.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#16  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@WildStyle said:

Just giving you all a heads up, Marvel released the variant cover of New Avengers #1 yesterday. Since it wasn't accompanied with a proper reveal or info, it was probably done accidentally.

No Caption Provided

Since this is an Illuminati inspired team, I expect there to be a couple more characters not shown on the image above. Xavier and Namor's roster spots have to be filled obviously.

Love this cover

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By The_Soverighn

YES AWESOME A SCIENCE TEAM

Ever Since X-Club Is Wanted A Total Science Team.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Umbraa
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    "Black Panther is the lynchpin character of New Avengers. The central character. He's very important to the Avengers franchise as a whole." - Tom Brevoort
    "Black Panther is certainly the moral center of New Avengers." - Jonathan Hickman

"Avengers is the day book and New Avengers is night. Avengers is how we want the world to be, New Avengers is how it is. One book is about life, one is about death. The logos reflect all this." - Jonathan Hickman

"Do Black Panther and Namor get along? No. Do Namor and Beast get along? No. Do Iron Man and various characters have problems as things get revealed? Absolutely." - Jonathan Hickman

"I don't think people will be surprised to learn that even as these guys go about their job, some will grow to hate one another. This is not a cheery happy story. This is the 'Death Avengers.'" - Jonathan Hickman

Jonathan says he has been dropping New Avengers hints in Fantastic Four and FF with Black Panther, Black Bolt and Reed Richards stuff.

Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Black Panther, Mr. Fantastic and Beast so far, with more possibly.

It's not a science team, it's the new Illuminati.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By moneyspider1

Yeah, they definitely need some women on this team.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PassionFlower

I will be getting this book no doubt. I thought Susan Richards and Hope or Storm would be there...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@PassionFlower said:

I will be getting this book no doubt. I thought Susan Richards and Hope or Storm would be there...

Storm with Tchalla and Namor is to much drama in my opinion, Sue Is a F__k yes, Hope is a no. I personally want Agent Brand on this team.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PassionFlower

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

Storm with Tchalla and Namor is to much drama in my opinion, Sue Is a F__k yes, Hope is a no. I personally want Agent Brand on this team.

I agree that is too much with those three. I'd rather have had Magneto than Namor.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Umbraa

Susan Richards, maybe I don't know...it's not a regular team it's the Illuminati. The omega sign is for the last, the end, death, etc...the last hope or defense? So I'm not sure Storm would fit, as she isn't even a leader with the X-men anymore. Same with Hope, she is a maybe but I don't know.

The team is filled with leaders (T'challa, Cap, Namor, Black Bolt) and super genius characters (T'challa, Beast, Stark, Reed, Strange) and the expert of magic Dr. Strange. I just not sure what Susan, Storm or Hope would bring to the table other then being female.

Now Quake (Daisy Johnson) the director of SHIELD and Agent Brand the Director of SWORD are another topic. They are both leaders of two powerful organizations that would fit the premise.

Plus he said that she would not be a part of the Avengers team (Storm), but he didn't say New Avengers and he is actually a fan of her and the marriage. But I don't think we will see her there. If she was still Queen and a leader of the X-men Storm would have been PERFECT.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blood1991

@PassionFlower said:

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

I agree that is too much with those three. I'd rather have had Magneto than Namor.

Magneto maybe, but I love the tension that is going to rise between Namor and BP. I can just imagine Namor bringing up him and Storm's thing in Age if X lol

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PassionFlower

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

Magneto maybe, but I love the tension that is going to rise between Namor and BP. I can just imagine Namor bringing up him and Storm's thing in Age if X lol

Thankfully none of them remembers that and I pretend I don't.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood1991

@PassionFlower said:

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

Thankfully none of them remembers that and I pretend I don't.

Come on it would be funny XD and Namor is enough of an ass to do it.

Namor- I destroyed your country and banged your wife when we had amnesia.

Black Panther- *Stabs Namor in the heart and walks away*

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PassionFlower

I'm surprised Emma didn't spill the beans that is if she still knows.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#28  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@Umbraa said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    "Black Panther is the lynchpin character of New Avengers. The central character. He's very important to the Avengers franchise as a whole." - Tom Brevoort
    "Black Panther is certainly the moral center of New Avengers." - Jonathan Hickman

"Avengers is the day book and New Avengers is night. Avengers is how we want the world to be, New Avengers is how it is. One book is about life, one is about death. The logos reflect all this." - Jonathan Hickman

"Do Black Panther and Namor get along? No. Do Namor and Beast get along? No. Do Iron Man and various characters have problems as things get revealed? Absolutely." - Jonathan Hickman

"I don't think people will be surprised to learn that even as these guys go about their job, some will grow to hate one another. This is not a cheery happy story. This is the 'Death Avengers.'" - Jonathan Hickman

Jonathan says he has been dropping New Avengers hints in Fantastic Four and FF with Black Panther, Black Bolt and Reed Richards stuff.

Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Black Panther, Mr. Fantastic and Beast so far, with more possibly.

the first Cover looks AWESOME

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mega_spidey01

the first cover is freakin awesome !

RatFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RatFace

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Umbraa said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The more I hear, the more excited I get. I really think that Hickman is the best thing to happen to BP since Priest.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Umbraa

@RatFace said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Umbraa said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The more I hear, the more excited I get. I really think that Hickman is the best thing to happen to BP since Priest.

Agreed 100 % bro. This is pretty much the highest profile thing he has been a part of *ever*. I read some of the comments and pessimism on the other forums...very understandable, but I think it's off mark with this situation. Being the mega focus of NEW Avengers and the driving point of the story is pretty big and a huge step in the right direction in my opinion.

RatFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RatFace

@Umbraa said:

@RatFace said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Umbraa said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Agreed 100 % bro. This is pretty much the highest profile thing he has been a part of *ever*. I read some of the comments and pessimism on the other forums...very understandable, but I think it's off mark with this situation. Being the mega focus of NEW Avengers and the driving point of the story is pretty big and a huge step in the right direction in my opinion.

I understand the pessimism too, but I don't think it's pessimism anymore, especially on the CBR thread. It's gone way beyond that.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Umbraa

@RatFace said:

@Umbraa said:

@RatFace said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Umbraa said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I understand the pessimism too, but I don't think it's pessimism anymore, especially on the CBR thread. It's gone way beyond that.

That's unfortunate.This is a huge step forward for T'challa.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PassionFlower

Obviously the NA's are the cool kids.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blood1991

@PassionFlower said:

Obviously the NA's are the cool kids.

The cool incredibly powerful kids.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Umbraa

Apparently, besides leading the NEW AVENGERS, and T'challa's upgrade. The team will be based out of Wakanda also. Great news imho. Hickman said he will still build gadgets and the team will have several different suits they will wear.

This is a very powerful team.

So is the main Avengers team, with the addition of Hyperion, Captain Universe and a Imperial Guardsman.

Genki_Sudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Genki_Sudo

No Storm, some folks at Marvel got what they wanted( and fans ) so let it go, didn't give a damn about them being married before so they don't need to act like they care now

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By SUNMAN

This team doesn't make sense to me at all either BP or Namor has to go. And if BP is leading this team why wouldn't he just get someone else. Namor isn't a big science mind nor is he as strong as Thor or the Hulk.

And Namor's just leveled Wakanda killing hundreds. It would be like George Bush working with Bin Laden, Israel and Palestine getting along, the 1940's Nazi's teaming up with a group of Jewish people. That's how far apart these guys should be right now. Or at least that is how BP should see it Namor probably doesn't care. I get BP is trying to save the world or stop the dimensions form merging, but that still doesn't explain why he is working with Namor. Just feels forced

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WildStyle
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.