Follow

Black Orchid

Character » Black Orchid appears in 83 issues.

Susan Linden-Thorne was the original Black Orchid who could fight crime by infiltrating criminals using her perfect disguises. Stuck in an abusive marriage, Susan was revived by her scientist friend into a plant/human hybrid after being killed by her husband. She was later killed while trying to infiltrate LexCorp. Two of her plant hybrid clones survived and became the new Black Orchids.

Any thoughts and suggestions about Black Orchid

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#1  Edited By knighthood

I'll keep this really simple. I'm really unfamiliar with this character, so what (if any) books about would you recommend about the Black Orchid? I am glad to see Jeff Lemire put her in with the new JLDark.

Black Orchid
    Black Orchid
    No Caption Provided

Obviously the look have changed a bit. And I believe the shape-shifting is a new ability. Any opinions?

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Katie24

Huh, I didn't know she existed prior to the relaunch. I feel like such a noob! :P

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#3  Edited By knighthood

@Katie24 said:

Huh, I didn't know she existed prior to the relaunch. I feel like such a noob! :P

Ditto. But then again there is a ton about the DCU that I don't know. She had a Vertigo title in the 90's and I've read she was designed as a mixture between Superman and Batman.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Purgy

She looks awesome, but i would like to see more of here in the new DCU also i wonder what other character will be added (here's hoping for BL)

Avatar image for notthefaceplease
    NottheFacePlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By NottheFacePlease

They beauty of her character was that she never had an officially recognized origin story. Not even in her first appearance did the writers make mention of who she was or how she came to be. Vertigo supplemented one in place of not having one for the actual hero they intended to "parody", if you will, but I don't believe it was recognized as canon. I would like to see an effort made to establish a back story with this new Black Orchid, seeing as how DC has the wits to bring her back into mainstream service. Here's to wishful thinking...

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Thunderscream

@NottheFacePlease: It seems they might be hinting at an origin in Animal Man #14. She mentions that she has a connection to the Red and the Green, a result of the "Taproot Project"

We'll see if they delve any further.

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By JSAVen

the Original B.O Rules, so pretty and elegant, she was killed in the late 80`s

i prefer the old version.

Black orchid
    Black orchid
    Avatar image for notthefaceplease
    NottheFacePlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By NottheFacePlease

We're getting somewhere. Read JLD #014 and you'll get a taste of her new back-story.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I do not understand is what the hell is taproot and how did the become the rot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.