Follow

Black Manta

Character » Black Manta appears in 651 issues.

A notorious pirate and assassin, Black Manta is one of the most ruthless and feared super villains on Earth, and Aquaman's mortal enemy.

Legion of Doom

joshuarainey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joshuarainey

Black Manta is a member of the Legion of Doom. He ranks up there with Lex Luthor and Gorilla but he is not considered or treated like one of the Greatest Supervillains. He killed Aquaman's kid--how much more badass can you be. Yeah, the Joker killed Robin but Aquaman's kid was a baby. You can't get more dispictable than killing a baby. He should be put on Infamous status. He is considered the Scourge of the Seven Seas. And if you ask me he is the one that designed  and built the Doom Headquarters. Why else would it be located in a swamp? Aquaman can swim in water but he has problems with nasty murky swamp water. That's why he calls on Swamp Thing for help. And the Doom HQ looks like Darth Vader's helmet which Manta sort of looks like. I think Manta needs to be stepped up in the comics. He's too good a villain to be treated like a mere thug.

Mr. Chair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mr. Chair

i agree however he is the archenemy of the "B-stringer" leaguer: Aquaman, but you are right he needs to be used some more maybe as a foil for batman or wonderwoman...

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Chair said:
    "i agree however he is the archenemy of the "B-stringer" leaguer: Aquaman, but you are right he needs to be used some more maybe as a foil for batman or wonderwoman..."

Add in Superman. What about he becomes a Leader of Human Trafficing? I think that would make him more appaling.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.