Follow

Black Adam

Character » Black Adam appears in 853 issues.

The original champion of the Wizard, Teth-Adam was a former slave who channeled the power of six Egyptian Gods to fight evil. But when his family was murdered during the conquest of his people, he developed more ruthless methods to protect innocents. Seeing him as corrupt, the Wizard banished "Black Adam" to the tomb of Ramesses II. After centuries of imprisonment, he would finally escape to overthrow Kahndaq's tyrant by force, becoming the country's defender and a natural enemy to the world's heroes.

I can't believe what DC did to Black Adam.

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By weather witch

not sure but i wanna act like i kno what im talkin bout so ill say he will go on a rampage of some sort??

Avatar image for the_reverend_jim
    The Reverend Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Reverend Jim

For over two years now DC has been using Black Adam as a major player. They have built him up into this anti-hero that was great, someone you believe really wanted to do the right thing even if his ways were somewhat wrong.

Now DC totally dumps all of that by hosing him big time. Six issues of him trying to save the one thing he loves, Isis, only to end in him being fooled into believing she is gone forever.

The DC Universe is screwed if he finds out she is still alive.

Any ideals on how this will or could play into the new DC future?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ms. Invisible

It's been going crazy with DC for a while. Dan DiDio needs to catch up and he's been criticised for killing off DC characters left and right, so this treatment of Black Adam isn't too surprising for me.

Countdown is getting lazy and DC's losing their steam with matching up certain events.

Avatar image for the_reverend_jim
    The Reverend Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Reverend Jim

Ms. Invisible says:

"It's been going crazy with DC for a while. Dan DiDio needs to catch up and he's been criticised for killing off DC characters left and right, so this treatment of Black Adam isn't too surprising for me. Countdown is getting lazy and DC's losing their steam with matching up certain events."

Yep, I don't think they know what they're doing any more. I just hope this doesn't end up as one of those "wake up and everything was a dream" things.

Of course I'm extra mad right now cause I watched the new episode of Lost, and I don't think they know where they're going with that either!

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Angelic Reaper

Post Deleted.

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Angelic Reaper

The Reverend Jim says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
    "It's been going crazy with DC for a while. Dan DiDio needs to catch up and he's been criticised for killing off DC characters left and right, so this treatment of Black Adam isn't too surprising for me. Countdown is getting lazy and DC's losing their steam with matching up certain events."

Yep, I don't think they know what they're doing any more. I just hope this doesn't end up as one of those "wake up and everything was a dream" things.

Of course I'm extra mad right now cause I watched the new episode of Lost, and I don't think they know where they're going with that either!

"

Yeah I saw Lost too, was it me or did it seem like there were simply telling us things that we already knew?? Is that writers strike still going on or something?

Thunder God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thunder God
    Ms. Invisible said:
    "

It's been going crazy with DC for a while. Dan DiDio needs to catch up and he's been criticised for killing off DC characters left and right, so this treatment of Black Adam isn't too surprising for me.

Countdown is getting lazy and DC's losing their steam with matching up certain events.

"
    Yeah first Batman then Question then
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Zoom
    Ms. Invisible said:
    "Countdown is getting lazy"

Countdown started lazy.

52 was an experiment.  DC put most of its best writers (Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns, Mark Waid) all on the same book and had them work to create a masterpiece of a series that came out once a week.  It worked.

Then they decided that if people bought that, they'd buy another weekly book but instead of putting their best on the project again, they put their worst (Paul Dini, Sean McKeever...other writers you've never even heard of).  It was a series that was so bad that when they put Morrison in charge of Final Crisis, he completely ignored the Countdown to it.  Who can blame him?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.