Follow

Bishop

Character » Bishop appears in 2984 issues.

Lucas Bishop is a mutant from the 22nd century that traveled into the past, becoming a member of the X-Men, and later, the Uncanny X-Force. He has the mutant ability to absorb and redirect any kinetic energy that is used against him or that is released in his general vicinity. He is the first black male team member within the X-Men Universe.

Kris Anka on Bishop's new design

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By ragdollpurps
    Final Design
    Final Design

So Bishop time.

probably the biggest rumble came from this characters addition to the title. The pitch I was given for this character was a futuristic post-apocalyptic drifter priest, pretty much. A big key with the design as well was to implement some sort of circular symbol on him that refers to this future religion that he is now part of.

1. Tried a bit of a poncho/cardinal thing with this one.

2. Went way more religious figure looking with this, but It gets a little too far away from the drifter badass aspect.

3. Went simpler, a bit more classic with the design. show off that robot arm. (not sure if thats around anymore)

4. A subtle combo, i feel, of the drifter, priest, superhero look. but this is pretty much exactly the design they picked, save for a few edits.

5. This was the edits i received from Nick Lowe. The colour change to separate him from the team visually, and the long beard and dreads to hint at his extended amount of time driftering.

(From Kris Anka's Tumblr post here)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lykopis

For some reason, the second one stood out to me, it could be because of the overcoat style which would suit the description of the character. The last one is really bright, and I don't know -- still kind of mutant/superhero/villainy --which would be the opposite of what Bishop is supposed to be now. To me, anyway.

I do like the red though.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Number 5 is the best. I hope they do right by Bishop. I was a fan of Bishop's old solo title.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aeroman

Okay I have some questions: is he going to be a villain or a hero and which x-force is he going to be in?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Bishop had a robot arm?

DJ1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DJ1107

@Jonny_Anonymous

Yeah during Messiah Complex a Predator X attacked him & chewed off his arm. So he got a robotic one

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NazarethSavage

Decent designs but even Anka can't make Bishop cool, he's still a lame character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.