Follow

Bishop

Character » Bishop appears in 2985 issues.

Lucas Bishop is a mutant from the 22nd century that traveled into the past, becoming a member of the X-Men, and later, the Uncanny X-Force. He has the mutant ability to absorb and redirect any kinetic energy that is used against him or that is released in his general vicinity. He is the first black male team member within the X-Men Universe.

Is Bishop FUBAR?

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grendel

Could his character return to superheroics without it seeming forced and hackneyed?

Hawkling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hawkling

nope

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think it could without seeming 'forced'.  But then again, his transformation into a rabid psychopathic would-be baby-killer wasn't exactly a smooth & natural step for his character :p

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Grendel: interesting chice term to discribe Bish FYBAR....F...U...B...A...R
    yeah pretty much but xero has quite the point as well.

Still don't see why this drug out so long, it started around secret invasion why didn't they just reveal a skrull impostor and be done with it?!
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XRiskyX

No, almost impossible.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Chane

Sure, why not? 
    All it would take for him to go on a redemptive path would be to be proven wrong about Hope. Once that's happened he can build his reputation back...

monamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By monamos

If Magneto, Mystique and Emma are able to see-saw back and forth, I don't see how Bishop couldn't. Just gotta have the right writer.

avwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By avwhite
    Bishop isn't technically a villian. He's trying to kill Hope in order to save the world (least that's what he thinks).
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By crimsonspider89

But none of them have wiped out billions of innocent people chasing after a baby.

monamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By monamos
    @avwhite said:
    " Bishop isn't technically a villian. He's trying to kill Hope in order to save the world (least that's what he thinks). "
    aren't the most dangerous villains the ones that think they're heroes?
    avwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By avwhite
    @monamos said:
    " @avwhite said:
    " Bishop isn't technically a villian. He's trying to kill Hope in order to save the world (least that's what he thinks). "
    aren't the most dangerous villains the ones that think they're heroes? "
    That is so true. But I mean...he does have a understandable reason for what he's doing...He's trying to prevent his future from happening in which the mutants are hunted, sent to concentration camps, and or killed.
    Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kain
    @avwhite: He's killed billions of people to save a few thousand. All the while thinking that it will be all undone if he gets his way. For someone who time travels so much he clearly doesn't know how time travel in marvel actually works. None of it will be undone, it'll just exist in another reality. Bishop is an extremist tool.
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grendel
    @Kain said:
    " @avwhite: He's killed billions of people to save a few thousand. All the while thinking that it will be all undone if he gets his way. For someone who time travels so much he clearly doesn't know how time travel in marvel actually works. None of it will be undone, it'll just exist in another reality. Bishop is an extremist tool. "
    Also makes his little speech to Legion at the end of AOA seem like a pathetic farce. What a hypocrite.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Ryonslaught

After further thought maybe Bishop can be saved........just make hope a destroyer instead of a messiah that makes mutant human relations even worse.....then we can all get shirts that say "BISHOP WAS RIGHT" and sing Kumbaya. (Whistles)

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By jordama
    @monamos said:
    " @avwhite said:
    aren't the most dangerous villains the ones that think they're heroes? "

I like this, it is true
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lokheit

I'm copy-pasting the same I said in the thread   "Should Bishop get rebooted when they are done with time travel?" as the response also works here :P   

IMO the best way to make him back is once the second coming ends, and knowing it will create new timelines, make a new bishop from a timeline where the mutant baby was a messiah and not a destroyer (or where she was a destroyer but was stopped before she could do anything big, as I doubt in the main comics it is going to be any holocaust that keep them under prison forever, and remember that next astonishing x-men arc is called xenogenesis, so it is probable that new mutants will born again, and even it is possible that the messiah would revert the effects of M-Day) and make this Bihop time travel to present or something for any reason: 

For example: This new Bishop in his now not apocaliptic timeline, learns about an alternate bishop that nearly killed prof-X and the heroes he worships, and decides to travel back in time to clean the sins of his alternate counterpart and try to make the name of lucas bishop be a part of the future legends (hey, it wasn't too hard to make a good scenario for his return that would allow him to join the team without any "clone" or "possession" case, maybe we could see him again as a hero :P) 

Do you guys think it could work somehow?    

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Jotham
    @Lokheit: Yeah, something like that might work.

I really hate what they did to Bishop, so I hope they do something to redeem him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Bishop definitely sucks but I don't know what FUBAR means....

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Korg
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Bishop definitely sucks but I don't know what FUBAR means.... "
    F-cked Up Beyond All Repair.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Korg said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " Bishop definitely sucks but I don't know what FUBAR means.... "
    F-cked Up Beyond All Repair. "
    Thanks.
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By devilmanex

They'll def bring him back for redemption at some point........I just hope when they do the transition and writing isn't as choppy and unbelievable as when he went total rogue.  Of maybe it should be quick and choppy so we forget how silly it was for him to go from future cop to psycho murderer in one hour in the first place

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.