Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2491 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Will Captain Marvel (DC) Get His Own Comic?

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RScottH08

I'm sure this has been done before and discussed, i even saw some opinions in his flashpoint topic not too long ago, but lets get some more on for the topic. So in all honesty, what do you think the odds are of cap and shazam getting their own series after the relaunch settles down in the near future?

I for one would really like to see it happen, and like to think the odds are good. Then again thats just me hoping lol.
    Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bluefox170

The odds are good, it was high up on a lot of prediction lists before much was announced and I have come across people asking about it many times whether it be on here or on facebook or any other source. Spread the word in the meantime!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i don't think he will, rather he might get a spotlight in "Dc Universe presents" or maybe a limited series

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RScottH08

ya, i wouldnt mind a limited series as long as it is written well and gives a good reason as to why he wouldnt be around much and not have a regular monthly
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

He sure should!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By HolySerpent

I agree with powerherc. He really should

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

Considering the fact DC gave lame-o Mr. Terrific his own book and obscure characters like OMAC his, I think it's time to give Captain Marvel another shot (even if he is going to be called strictly "SHAZAM" from this point on).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.