Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2499 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Kingdom Come Captain Marvel

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    Kingdom Come: Captain Marvel
    Kingdom Come: Captain Marvel

I've always wondered what level of powers this Captain Marvel had. We all know how powerful the Kingdom Come Superman is, that's demonstrated in Justice Society of America. So if that Captain Marvel is able to withstand Superman's power and look to be able to beat him, how much powerful is he than the current Captain Marvel?
    Does he have more power from the gods? Because he only gets a portion of the six gods power, does he get more?

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Last_Guardian

I think KC Captain Marvel is more powerful than current Marvel because of experience.  I mean Billy Batson is just a young man in continuity, but here he's already a full grown man.  I can't believe someone can go 20 years with a power or ability without improving their skills and ability to use that power.

..if that makes sense :s lol

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself
    Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
    "I think KC Captain Marvel is more powerful than current Marvel because of experience.  I mean Billy Batson is just a young man in continuity, but here he's already a full grown man.  I can't believe someone can go 20 years with a power or ability without improving their skills and ability to use that power.

..if that makes sense :s lol"
    i don't think experience had anything to do with KC captain marvel being stronger since luthor had pretty much mind raped him his entire life he was still basically a kid
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

It's just that the Superman of Kingdom Come is so powerful, and Captain Marvel held his own against him. The KC is more powerful than the current Superman.

I.E.

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

Apparently he's on par with KC Superman while current Cap is on par with current Supes.   
    KC's added power isn't explained, but it could be by stating Billy has learned how to tap into and use the Power of Zeus.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @danhimself said:
    "Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
    "I think KC Captain Marvel is more powerful than current Marvel because of experience.  I mean Billy Batson is just a young man in continuity, but here he's already a full grown man.  I can't believe someone can go 20 years with a power or ability without improving their skills and ability to use that power.

i don't think experience had anything to do with KC captain marvel being stronger since luthor had pretty much mind raped him his entire life he was still basically a kid "

plus the fact that he stopped becoming Captain Marvel for the the majority of his life. 

Yea the only two explainations would be that either he learned how to better use his powers (Which from reading the comic doesnt look like he had changed his technique in the slightest) or maybe Shazam died and Captain Marvel was actually granted total power from all the gods that he called upon (Seems more likely to me).
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "Obi Wan Kenobi! said:

i don't think experience had anything to do with KC captain marvel being stronger since luthor had pretty much mind raped him his entire life he was still basically a kid "
    plus the fact that he stopped becoming Captain Marvel for the the majority of his life.  Yea the only two explainations would be that either he learned how to better use his powers (Which from reading the comic doesnt look like he had changed his technique in the slightest) or maybe Shazam died and Captain Marvel was actually granted total power from all the gods that he called upon (Seems more likely to me). "

These seem to be viable explanations.
    frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8 frozen  Moderator

KC Captain Marvel was able to punch KC Superman flying. Before shocking him that is. He had the strength of the Earth 22 Hercules.

Normal Captain Marvel has the strength of New Earth Hercules, and New Earth Hercules couldnt do anything to KC Superman.

Both versions of Billy have the strength of different versions of Hercules.

My theory is Earth 22 Hercules is stronger than New Earth Hercules.

So it translates to Captain Marvel.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..Just bumped this because I wanted to say that for me captain Marvel was the best thing about Kingdom Come. He finally got his moment to shine and save the day, in a modern day DC book. Also the Alex Ross drawings of Cap are simply the best of any character in the book. Boy, I love Kingdom Come!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..Just bumped this because I wanted to say that for me captain Marvel was the best thing about Kingdom Come. He finally got his moment to shine and save the day, in a modern day DC book. Also the Alex Ross drawings of Cap are simply the best of any character in the book. Boy, I love Kingdom Come!

I agree.

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
    Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He pretty strong if he can take on KC Supes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.