Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2499 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Does anyone else want closure on the Marvel Family?

Spiders_Man3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spiders_Man3

I can't be the only still hung up on the Old-DCU version of the Marvel Family, during Justice Society when Black Adam was turned to stone and that unknown Lightning Dude showed up and was never mentioned again. And then that horrible one-shot where Freddy lost his powers.

Anyone else remember this stuff?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Spiders_Man3: Know what I remember? I remember the Marvel family stories being awful since Infinite Crisis. I remember DC trying to shove new code names and bad haircuts down our throats. I'm not a huge fan of the new direction Johns is taking Billy, the Wizard, Savana and company but it's a hell of lot better than what we were left with pre-reboot.

Spiders_Man3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spiders_Man3

I won't argue with that, all I'm saying is that is wasn't just the poor treatment pre-reboot that bothered me but the complete lack of any rhyme or reason to the stories in the first place.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By csguterres

It was so horrible, evil Mary, crazy Billy, Freddy as the main character (i like him, but Billy should be the main character, not him), that I'm just glad it was all retconned away. The only closure I wanted was to see everything going back to normal. I don't even think they had any ideas of what to do next.

I'm enjoying Johns' treatment of Billy, Mary and Freddy so far. Of course, Mary and Freddy don't have powers anymore, but I kinda like them just as regular kids supporting Billy, and I also loved the new kids, Darla, Eugene, Pedro, and the Vasquez couple.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

The Shazam! Backups in JL have been great, I kinda want it to be its own title though so I can get more, they always feel too short.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.