Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2499 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

captain marvel stronger than wonder woman

• 80 results
    Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

WW is stronger

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

and then new 52

Marcio_35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Marcio_35

Captain Marvel is stronger. Strength of Hercules + Zeus Boost.

No Caption Provided

Strength of Hercules + Zeus Boost

No Caption Provided

Captain Marvel increasing his strength only by combining their powers.

No Caption Provided

Marcio_35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Marcio_35

Examples of the Strength of Captain Marvel (Fawcett / PC):

Moving a titanic dead star.

No Caption Provided

Moving the earth.

No Caption Provided

Destroying a planet.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Moving planets.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Moving a planetoid.

No Caption Provided

Moving a small world, and asteroids.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Moving the moon.

No Caption Provided

Rearranging one galaxy.

No Caption Provided

Carrying the south America.

No Caption Provided

Taking enormous weight.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@marcio_35:

Great scans and yes he is stronger than WW.

Marcio_35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@bezza: @marcio_35: no,shazam is not stronger than WW,since Post crisis she has better feats and she is also stronger than hercules,zeus daugther and god of war now in new 52 where shazam once again hasn't done any feat that put him above her,and Superman has better feats than both and has been proven to be stronger than both,they haven't been his equal since the golden age,they are still in his strength class but not as strong as him.

WW has ​​more feats than Shazam since Post Crisis because she has regular comic, Shazam not. The DC does not give the same attention to Shazam as they do with WW.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Bezza

@marcio_35:

I agree, Shazam has barely featured in the New 52, with just an origin story and a few appearances in the Justice League comics. Hardly fair to judge his abilities based on the fact that the character is in its infancy. If you look at Captain Marvel/Shazam and Superman over the history of the two characters they have always been physically equal.

Marcio_35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Marcio_35

@bezza said:

@marcio_35:

I agree, Shazam has barely featured in the New 52, with just an origin story and a few appearances in the Justice League comics. Hardly fair to judge his abilities based on the fact that the character is in its infancy. If you look at Captain Marvel/Shazam and Superman over the history of the two characters they have always been physically equal.

I agree. The DC Encyclopedia (2008) has referred to Superman and Captain marvel/Shazam as equals.

No Caption Provided

Another examples:

No Caption Provided

Superman with the powers of Captain Marvel (Mr Mxyzptlk changed the powers of the two superheroes, Captain Marvel was with the powers of Superman).

No Caption Provided

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Madflavor

Can we please euthanize this thread already? Tons of people have already torn a new ***hole into this argument so hard you can drive a semi-truck through it.

David_Miller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captian marvel

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23: he's so stronger . He's got the strength of the strongest magical being in DC Hercules .

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Billy is most definitely stronger than Diana..Maybe not by a lot, but he is..At least IMO..

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is not only stronger, but also cooler

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On paper Captain Marvel should be stronger than her because their considered equals. Tbh, I feel Supes would beat Marvel handily if it wasn't for that magic..

But if she and Billy had a fist fight, I'd be rooting for WW to take the majority.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I'd actually say Wonder Woman would probably win because of her combat ability, and the fact that her lasso could be used to make him say his trigger word, in which case it's a kid versus a goddess.

Also as a huge 5D's fan I have to say I absolutely love your current user icon (unrelated yes, but it needed to be said:).

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@captainmarvel4ever: Her combat skill and lasso should be able to close the gap in there stat differences.. and a kid facing a goddess does sound scary..

Oh on an unrelated note: Hehe, tbh 5D's was my fave Yugioh show (yes the original and gx had their merits but 5D's just stood out more, Yugi and Jaden come next though).. oh and I'm curios to ask what your fave story ark and character in the anime? As you can tell my favorite character was Carly (her dynamic with Jack was just so cute) and my fave ark was the Dark Signers ark, closely followed by the Grand Prix and the Fortune Cup.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Mine too, heck it's tie with Hajime no Ippo for my favorite anime series. I have a tough time choosing a favorite character, because they are all so so well written, but if I has to choose I would go with Yusei, mainly because I felt a strong connection with him throughout the series (and I normally never pick the lead protagonist as my favorite character). If I had to choose one arc, I'd go with the first arc where Yusei escapes Satellite and the Detention Center, it was well done and had a lot of great character focus/interaction.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@captainmarvel4ever: Interesting.. I'd have to agree though, in a series my favorite character is almost never the lead protagonist..

Centermass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand some people who read comics but don't understand the abilities of Heros.

Captain Marvel is stronger, faster and fights better than Wonderwomen.

It's simple logic to the creation and abilities of the two. First Zeus was the most powerful of the gods, Hercules was the strongest, Atlas is the God of stamina, Achilles the greatest fighter, and Hermes the fastest of all, I'm not getting into Solomon because Billy as a kid still influences Captain Marvel at times but more like Spider-Man with joking around. Now Wonder Women, first she was given life by Hera Zeus's wife. Hera was not more powerful than Zeus so there's strike one for WW, two strength, WW is strong but she does not have Hercules's strength. Three she is fast but again she does not have Hermes's speed. Four WW is an Amazon Warrior she can fight but again the greatest fighter know to man was Achilles. Five WW lasso, ok this rope would not work on CM he has the power of Zeus which repels all magic spells and or resist them.

That's just some of the example which I can't believe someone else could not muster to state the obvious.

Now the comparison of Superman vs Capatain Marvel again just go by the abilities and you will see who is stronger/faster/stamina/and fighting, but if you really want the truth, DC sued Fawcett Comics back when the people were idiots in stating Capatin Marvel was a copyright infringement. This day and age that would not be the case but since that happen many many years ago DC got the rights and kill the character. Once they saw that people wanted the return of Captain Marvel and the money possibility he returned but was limited to stay under Superman. Now I don't care what comic you read or what you think the origins and abilities tell the facts plus one truth fact Caoatain Marvel has the power of the GODS! Enough said.

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Itachus17

@centermass said:

I just don't understand some people who read comics but don't understand the abilities of Heros.

Captain Marvel is stronger, faster and fights better than Wonderwomen.

It's simple logic to the creation and abilities of the two. First Zeus was the most powerful of the gods, Hercules was the strongest, Atlas is the God of stamina, Achilles the greatest fighter, and Hermes the fastest of all, I'm not getting into Solomon because Billy as a kid still influences Captain Marvel at times but more like Spider-Man with joking around. Now Wonder Women, first she was given life by Hera Zeus's wife. Hera was not more powerful than Zeus so there's strike one for WW, two strength, WW is strong but she does not have Hercules's strength. Three she is fast but again she does not have Hermes's speed. Four WW is an Amazon Warrior she can fight but again the greatest fighter know to man was Achilles. Five WW lasso, ok this rope would not work on CM he has the power of Zeus which repels all magic spells and or resist them.

That's just some of the example which I can't believe someone else could not muster to state the obvious.

Old thread, but:

No Caption Provided

I've rarely read such an hilarious bullshit here and that means rly something, literally everything in that text is complete nonsense(and for PC even more).

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

Captain Marvel can augment his strength with the Power of Zeus, and he also stacked Atlas' strength with the Strength of Hercules when he arm wrestled Superman.

So I'd say Cap is stronger than Wonder Woman.

Finnjtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is stronger than Wonder Woman but only by a slight margin just like him and Superman except its the other way around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ee3ec20377
    deactivated-5b3ee3ec20377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both would lose to Superman so at the end of the day does it truly matter?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024 said:

"Marvel is definitely stronger, but Wonder Woman would win if they fought. Strength means nothing if you don't have the right combat skills. "

I'm not sure who would win

ww wins. lassos him, asks "what is the magic word that changes u to a superhero?" he says shazam and its game

Hakunamatata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is stronger, he has been shown constantly as equal in strength to Superman, whom I consider stronger than Diana. In addition to constantly battling Black Adam normally on equal terms, Black Adam has better feats than Diana (pre new 52 versions), like fighting against every Justice Society or all the heroes of the earth like in World War III.

More than 50 heroes fighting Black Adam and him still wreaking havoc in an epic fight. Some of the heroes were very powerful like Martian Manhunter, Power Girl and Donna Troy.
    julez4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By julez4001

I'm glad that Marcio_35 posted the endless examples of Captain Marvel's power levels.

When CM was competing with Superman in 1940s and 1950s, those aforementioned feats were then copied by Superman to make sure their guy look like a top dog. Superman power level is only where it is because of Billy Batson...period. Wonder Woman for decades never reached those feats even after Captain marvel was mothballed for 20 years. The reason that it's a big event when Superman fights SHAZAM/Captain Marvel is because of the audacious history the two share. CM has the power to beat Superman sans the whole magic angle that Kal fanbois like to ring up. Add the magic and you see why the Kryptonian would never keep up. Captain Marvel's only weakness was lawyers. WW's greatest feats were always supplanted by some temporary power boost. Even flight is not her natural ability and why the movies ignore because she tends to turn into Mrs. Superman and loses a lot of her comic or pop culture attributes like the invisible Jet, leap fighting style (that Xena pumped up in the 90s) and making her invulnerable cancel the need for the bracelets which got a movie upgrade.

NexusObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel is much stronger when he adds Zeus' power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.