Follow

Betty Ross

Character » Betty Ross appears in 1099 issues.

The love of Bruce Banner's life, she has been one of the Hulk's greatest allies, though she is the daughter of his greatest enemy, General 'Thunderbolt' Ross. She has been transformed into the Harpy, died, and is now a Hulk herself although she lost her powers when Doctor Green, the new incarnation of the Hulk, injected her with the cure for Gamma Radiation. What's next in her life remains to be seen...

A Superhero Name for Ms.Ross?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm tired of calling her Red She-Hulk..anyone else think that Marvel should give her an alias? 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ravish? 

Ruthless Devastation?

Big Red?  

The Gamma Slamma?  

I'm not so good at this, but... yea, I'd think I'd like a cool alias. 

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
    Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

She-Rulk is good.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By theicon

shulk

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't have one for her, but she needs one.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Battlin' Betty©... I should trade mark that really quick before Marvel uses it.

Edit: Battlin' Betty© this is a noncopyrighted trademark by Nova`Prime` Inc. the use of this noncopyrighted material is totally legal.. but still pretty sucky on your part if you use it because I came up with it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

Red She-Hulk sounds ridiculous. It's a lazy name.

@SC said:

Ravish? Ruthless Devastation? Big Red? The Gamma Slamma? I'm not so good at this, but... yea, I'd think I'd like a cool alias.

I like Ravish...kinda...maybe. And I'm stealing Ruthless Devastation for something.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@SC said:

Ravish? Ruthless Devastation? Big Red? The Gamma Slamma? I'm not so good at this, but... yea, I'd think I'd like a cool alias.

I like Ravish...kinda...maybe. And I'm stealing Ruthless Devastation for something.

Red She Hulk is sorta funny and an in joke kinda, but other than that, its just... there isn't much room to grow past a certain level or let the character be her own person, so yeah I agree its lazy.  

Thanks... kinda. lol I like Ravish, in the sense, I think of the color red, and Betty like she is here transformed, is a little bit flirty like She Hulk, but with that sort of meaner edge. i though Ravager first but then thought of Rose from DC...  

lol Steal Ruthless Devastation for Roller Derby 0_0
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@SC said:

I agree with the Huntress :) I like the name Ravish.I wonder how long it will be before Marvel considers giving her an alias.Her also being She-Hulk kind of takes away from Jen and Lyra (whom also needs an alias) Savage She-Hulk is technically already one of Jen's aliases.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
     I agree with the Huntress :) I like the name Ravish.I wonder how long it will be before Marvel considers giving her an alias.Her also being She-Hulk kind of takes away from Jen and Lyra (whom also needs an alias) Savage She-Hulk is technically already one of Jen's aliases.

Thanks!! I agree about Jen and Lyra. I always actually just refer to her as Shulkie. I mean... its still sort of resigning her to living in the shadow of her cousin but still. Its a type of limiting effect.  

I think Lyra is lucky in that her name is sort of distinctive. Its sort of how in WW starting using a lot more real names? Also how Steve Rogers can get by with his first name. Jennifer on the other hand is a little too bland. If I could go back in a time machine I probably would have tried making them name her Jade. Maybe... Superior. 
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Timandm

I think it's silly to name any Super Hero "SHE"-whatever...  I'm SO glad that Pepper isn't called "She-Iron-Man" when she's in her iron suit...Although "Iron-Maiden" would have been perfect.

Almost ANY name would be better than "Red She-Hulk."   Even something as lame as 'Big Red' which would make her sound like a chewing gum or a dog in a movie...  If her code name HAS to have something with the way she looks or with her powers then how about one of the following:
    -Red Bitch....  Let's be honest, she has gamma irradiated P.M.S.
    -633 nm.... The wavelength of red light.  Yes, I know, but it's no more dorky than red she hulk.
    -Blue Belle.... Just to confuse her enemy.
    -Susan..... Why not?
    -Red Rage....Oh, like Red She-Hulk is any better?
    -Habanero....She's red, hot, spicy and will likely hurt you if you bite into her.

justafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By justafan
    @Timandm said:
    I think it's silly to name any Super Hero "SHE"-whatever...  I'm SO glad that Pepper isn't called "She-Iron-Man" when she's in her iron suit...Although "Iron-Maiden" would have been perfect.  Almost ANY name would be better than "Red She-Hulk."   Even something as lame as 'Big Red' which would make her sound like a chewing gum or a dog in a movie...  If her code name HAS to have something with the way she looks or with her powers then how about one of the following: -Red Bitch....  Let's be honest, she has gamma irradiated P.M.S. -633 nm.... The wavelength of red light.  Yes, I know, but it's no more dorky than red she hulk. -Blue Belle.... Just to confuse her enemy. -Susan..... Why not? -Red Rage....Oh, like Red She-Hulk is any better? -Habanero....She's red, hot, spicy and will likely hurt you if you bite into her.
    not habanero it has to be tabasco
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Eumenorrhea

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Timandm said:
     -633 nm.... The wavelength of red light.  Yes, I know, but it's no more dorky than red she hulk.   
     -Blue Belle.... Just to confuse her enemy. -Susan..... Why not?   
     -Habanero....She's red, hot, spicy and will likely hurt you if you bite into her.
    I think Marvel is a little more creative than this.Not much but a little.I could see her name being Habanero if she was latina but she's not.They aren't going to call her Red Bitch..even if that's how she acts and 633nm would be cool if she was a robot it kind of lessens the value of the character to be named a # and two random letters.Blue Belle? Than what if they make a blue she-Hulk? Susan? That's a random woman's name..if we were going to go with a women's name..why not Betty? That's her actual name.Red Rage is kind of cool.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Timandm
    @Vance Astro said:
    @Timandm said:
     -Blue Belle.... Just to confuse her enemy. -Susan..... Why not?   
    I think Marvel is a little more creative than this.Not much but a little.I could see her name being Habanero if she was latina but she's not.They aren't going to call her Red Bitch..even if that's how she acts and 633nm would be cool if she was a robot it kind of lessens the value of the character to be named a # and two random letters.Blue Belle? Than what if they make a blue she-Hulk? Susan? That's a random woman's name..if we were going to go with a women's name..why not Betty? That's her actual name.Red Rage is kind of cool.
    well.. I was actually just kidding with all of these names...  But 'Red Bitch' is my favorite in the list but you're right, Marvel would never go for that.  

What you said did make me think of something... I can't remember which book it was in, but I read a scene where a young Logan (Wolverine) was in some sort of military training camp being trained by Nick Fury.  Nick Fury brought up the point that it's unwise to use a codename that tells the enemy all about you...  Perhaps a code name that said absolutely NOTHING about the real you would be a good thing...  for example, "Susan."  That gives nothing away about Red-B..., I mean, Red She Hulk....  Calling her Betty, on the other hand, sort of gives her name away and I don't think she wants the world to know who she really is...  Habanero (which definitely would make more sense if she were Latina, as you said) would be misleading and help conceal her identity...

I've actually put some thought to what my Super Hero name would be if I were a Super Hero...  I think I've settled on, "Paper Clip."    Yes... Paper Clip...  or maybe 'The Paper Clip.'    Regardless of my super hero powers...  
    1: It would tell the enemy absolutely NOTHING about me.
    2: It gives nothing away about my secret identity (assuming I had one)
    3: I'd never have to worry about anyone else having the same code name
    4: It might actually cause my enemy to stop whatever he's doing (like attacking) and say, "What?  Um, what did you say your name was?"   Who knows, they might even fall down laughing.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Timandm
    @justafan said:
    @Timandm said:
    I think it's silly to name any Super Hero "SHE"-whatever...  I'm SO glad that Pepper isn't called "She-Iron-Man" when she's in her iron suit...Although "Iron-Maiden" would have been perfect.  Almost ANY name would be better than "Red She-Hulk."   Even something as lame as 'Big Red' which would make her sound like a chewing gum or a dog in a movie...  If her code name HAS to have something with the way she looks or with her powers then how about one of the following: -Red Bitch....  Let's be honest, she has gamma irradiated P.M.S. -633 nm.... The wavelength of red light.  Yes, I know, but it's no more dorky than red she hulk. -Blue Belle.... Just to confuse her enemy. -Susan..... Why not? -Red Rage....Oh, like Red She-Hulk is any better? -Habanero....She's red, hot, spicy and will likely hurt you if you bite into her.
    not habanero it has to be tabasco
    Oh... I actually like that!   ToBASCo!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Timandm said:
    well.. I was actually just kidding with all of these names...  But 'Red Bitch' is my favorite in the list but you're right, Marvel would never go for that.    What you said did make me think of something... I can't remember which book it was in, but I read a scene where a young Logan (Wolverine) was in some sort of military training camp being trained by Nick Fury.  Nick Fury brought up the point that it's unwise to use a codename that tells the enemy all about you...  Perhaps a code name that said absolutely NOTHING about the real you would be a good thing...  for example, "Susan."  That gives nothing away about Red-B..., I mean, Red She Hulk....  Calling her Betty, on the other hand, sort of gives her name away and I don't think she wants the world to know who she really is...  Habanero (which definitely would make more sense if she were Latina, as you said) would be misleading and help conceal her identity...  I've actually put some thought to what my Super Hero name would be if I were a Super Hero...  I think I've settled on, "Paper Clip."    Yes... Paper Clip...  or maybe 'The Paper Clip.'    Regardless of my super hero powers...   1: It would tell the enemy absolutely NOTHING about me. 2: It gives nothing away about my secret identity (assuming I had one) 3: I'd never have to worry about anyone else having the same code name 4: It might actually cause my enemy to stop whatever he's doing (like attacking) and say, "What?  Um, what did you say your name was?"   Who knows, they might even fall down laughing.
    As a She-Hulk would she really need to hide her identity? I mean everyone knows Jen is She-Hulk.She even shows up to trials AS SHE-HULK.I don't know, I just feel like characters should have names that distinguish them from each other.Even She-Hulk IMO is just playing off the popularity of the actual Hulk.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Timandm
    @Vance Astro: Well, everyone knows Jen Walters is She-Hulk.   But Red She-Hulk, Betty Ross, has not come out to the public yet.  You asked "As a She-Hulk would she really need to hide her identity?"   That depends on her, don't you think?  Perhaps she wants to be ordinary Betty Ross once in a while (doubtful but possible) without being tracked down by villains or paparazzi...  Also, a secret identity doesn't have to be about one's personal safety, but the safety of those around them... And there's the simple issue of privacy...

But you and I are in complete agreement that she needs a name OTHER than Red "She"-Hulk...   If a new male super hero came along with the ability to become invisible would he call himself "HE-Invisible Woman?"  Can you imagine if Firestar had decided to call herself ''The SHE-Human Torch."  How about a male version of Storm called, "HE-Storm."  It'd be laughed off as ridiculous, right? 
    EvilAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EvilAndy

Way back when I thought "She-Hulk" was a stupid name, but after all this time I can't imagine calling Jen anything else, so Betty's probably Red She-Hulk forever (or until they de-power her). 

I'm definitely against "Rulk" and "She-Rulk," luckily they don't seem to be catching on.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By mavfan626
    @SC said:
     The Gamma Slamma?
    This one , hands down.
    Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Phylos

how about Render? i think it sounds pretty good.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nj06

I think they should just call her 'Fury'

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Degalon

Seems like the best ones so far are Ravish and Fury.

I'm voting for Ravish. And I'm just gonna go ahead and call her that until Marvel gives her an official title.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Hazlenaut

how about woman-scorn or is that too long. Tizzy if she wants friendlier name.

Eyelash30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#25  Edited By Eyelash30

Red She-Hulk is a bit of a mouthful, and a bit of a rip-off rendition to Abominatrix.

Bloody Betty....Crimson Harridan...Crimson Crush..Crush...Ruby Dread.. Thunderburn..Thunderblast...Red Fury..Crimson Fury..Death Red.

I would even considerate to steal away Richard Fisks' prior alias, since dead, for Betty Ross and name her Blood Rose II.

Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Watcherg6

We could just wait, and hope she loses her powers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Watcherg6 said:

We could just wait, and hope she loses her powers

I'm not hoping for that...
    ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ms__omega

Crimson Rage

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By X35

Betty Ross.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By kidchipotle

@X35 said:

Betty Ross.

I was going to say this along with suggesting she goes back to having no powers.

sw04ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sw04ca

She really needs one. Or she could just get cured and we could forget that the Red Hulk ever happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.