Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 701 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Why Ben Reilly Could Return as SUPERIOR Spider-Man

• 109 results
    travmadison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By travmadison

@Mediumflyer7: Well there are a few things which have lead me to this, one, his random ass showing back up in the last issue of Amazing, I mean he has not been heard from in a long time, and was supposed to have gone totally underground yet out of no where peter calls him on a cell phone......Yeah seems a bit suspect. Not to mention Slott saying the person has history in the Spidey verse, which we all know Harry does. and the final bit is the Spidey MJ stuff, lets not forget that they were once an item. Again this is all just my random guess, but if Slott wanted to pull a fast one and use someone who is logical but angry mob worthy it would be either Ben or Harry, his "tweet" about 2099 was a clear fake out. Plus if it was him that would just be an awful jumping of the shark for the book by every standard possible. That is my evidence. any thoughts?

travmadison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By travmadison

@Blues32: There are simple and easy and even logical ways around the ben is dust issue. How I would do it is simple, because Osborn was behind all the Clones, and since there were so many it would not be hard to imagine that Osborn once again switched out the clone for another clone, wanting to keep Ben alive to keep punishing him since he could never seem to get the best of Peter, and because of OMD his memory of who Spider-man was is erased and because of the he forgotten that he had Ben held captive, which Harry of even Doc Ock could find, and rescue or release to help Spidey out and thus his return from the dead. Yeah seems like a semi cheap way out but if written well with that form of thought and placement would in fact be a good way to return Ben back from the dead so to speak. Not to mention it should have been pretty suspect the fact that ben did turn to dust in the first place given the fact that they kept saying that Ben was the perfect Clone, no form of degeneration of the cells, so if he died he would have just died like a normal person and not turned to cell dust. At least that is my hope for a Ben Reilly return. viva la clone!

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Who said the Superior Spider-man had to be a man ;D? For all we know Marvel could be throwing us a curve ball!!! It will most likely be Spider-Woman!!!!!! The British girl with gigantic boobs!!!

weenman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By weenman1

and how are they going to get around Ben's death? I remember issue 75 and it was pretty clear he was dead.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By csguterres

"it's that Marvel has been trying to find a way for him to step aside, not be eliminated fully, even since before One More Day."

Peter is just too popular to be put aside for good. They can't even change his costume permanently! "Superior" Spider-Man will last only for a few months and then everything goes back to normal.

spiderfreak55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By spiderfreak55

I hate to see Peter Parker go, but if anyone should take up the mantle it should be Ben Reilly.

travmadison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By travmadison

@weenman1: I still own 75, hell I am still trying to finish off my collection of the whole clone saga one of the few series and stories i want to have finished, I am about roughly i would say 85-95% completed on it, and yes it showed him clearly dying, but as i posted to blues32, there are ways around it, one of which as i said in that reply could be one way of doing so.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By redmanta

i was wrong

kim793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By kim793

@Loise, you make $27h thats great going girl good for you! My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online, seriously I couldn't be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $35h and sometimes even as much as $85h…heres a good example of what i'm doing, jump15.com

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Undeadpool: I was reading your well-structured arguments on why should we expect Ben Reily as Superior Spiderman. I wish you were right...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.