Follow

Beast

Character » Beast appears in 9635 issues.

A founding member of the X-Men, Dr. Hank McCoy is a mutant possessing animal-like strength and agility. Despite being covered in blue fur and resembling a ferocious beast, Hank possesses an astounding intellect and a superb wit. He is currently a key member of X-Force.

Beast as a Secret Avenger? Odd...

yescas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By yescas

Does anybody else think it is weird that Beast is in the Secret Avengers roster? 
    The Secret Avengers team is supposed to deal with missions and stuff the rest of the guys do not know and will possibly never know, the team probably does assassination or kills if it has to. Doesn't that sound like the thing Beast was having fights with Cyclops for? Remember recently he has been having problems with Cyclops having X.Force do the dirty work that had to be done. 
    I know Beast was an Avenger before, and once an Avenger always an Avenger, but it seams that they just needed an ex-Avenger that was a scientist or labman of sorts. 
    Any comments? I may as well have overreacted or assumed more than what there is.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @yescas: You're assuming that they're going to assassinate and kill, I don't think they're going to. X-Force was secret because they were doing things that the other X-Men would find terrible. The Secret Avengers are secret so the bad guys don't know they're coming and they can handle threats quietly before anybody else even knows about it.
    yescas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By yescas
    @PrinceIMC:   Good point. Fair enough. I just hope that if killing becomes involved at some point that Beast at least gives his point of view. 
    Thanks!
    I just hope that if killing becomes involved at some point that Beast at least gives his point of view. 
    Thanks
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I think his views in Second Coming reflect how Hank feels about X-Force's tactics. I don't see him being a part of something like this if there was going to be murder involved. Especially with Steve Rogers heading the team.  
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#5  Edited By lostlantern13
    @yescas:
    The way it seems to me is that if Steve Rogers asks you to do something...you do it.  They need a scientist and Beast had nothing to do...so it fits.

Also, as many others have said, SA doesn't seem like the assassination squad that X-Force is.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

he would have made a better addition to the Avengers Academy as a teacher

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @danhimself: This is true. I guess they figured having two Hanks might be confusing.
    avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By avengpymhawk

I for one am quite pleased...I grew-up reading Beast as an Avenger. So to me, he is right back where he belongs. I think that he was drawn and personality sparkled in Secret Avengers #1. I haven't this excited for the character in years.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

no there is a diffence. 

X-Force: Black Ops X-men who kill whoever Cyclops thinks needs to be killed 
    Secret Avengers:Steves personal Avengers group dedicated to fixing the messes that Norman Osborn. Tony Stark, Maria Hill andNick Fury might have left during there tenure as "top cop"
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I think Beast is a good fit 
    and Steve needs a science/tech guy on the team

why not Beast? 
    I'm glad to see him back on an Avengers team 
    hmmm, now if he could only partner up with Wonderman again, now THAT would be cool

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

i hate the new beast...he's kind of a whiny pansy biyatch...and almost every time he shows up an complains n X-Men...i hope 1 of the tons of villians hunting mutants manages to  kill him. For a scientist youd think he'd be able to se the rationale behind Cyke's choices. 

Avatar image for captain_justice95
    Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    he would have made a better addition to the Avengers Academy as a teacher

thats a good idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.