Follow

Beast Boy

Character » Beast Boy appears in 2006 issues.

The classically green-skinned member of the Doom Patrol and later the Teen Titans, Beast Boy has the power to transform into any creature of any size.

Should Beast Boy be a vegetarian?

Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Warlord

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By velle37

Not if he doesn't want to be..........
    Avatar image for thespiritstalker
    TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I thought he was...he was in the cartoon

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By greencrapweasel

i love how he is vegetarian/vegan whtever you may call it it makes sense for him but i love meat and i respect people that dont like to eat dead animals but i kinda a little bit wish beast boy liked meat

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

He was in the cartoon.

Has it actually ever been addressed in the comics?

I know that Animal Man became a vegetarian.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vortex13
    @Icarusflies said:

He was in the cartoon.

Has it actually ever been addressed in the comics?

I know that Animal Man became a vegetarian.

Well when you can talk to animals it kind of becomes murder if you do eat meat you know. I feel like if you can have a conversation with the animal you're going to eat it may put you off your diet. Thats why I'd like for there to be those creatures that were in the hitchhikers book, they were not only willing to be eaten but they told you which part of them would be tastiest.
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

You know, in everything I've read of him, I haven't seen it addressed one way or the other.  Anytime I've seen him eating food it's either something that doesn't have meat or is something that could have meat but isn't required (like pizza or burritos)

So in the comics it's never been addressed but I think it's a good choice for him.  I mean, when you turn into a bull everyother day to take down some thug, hamburgers do boarderline on cannibalism.  I remember reading that the Martian Manhunter was a vegetarin for similar reasons.

Then again, I sould be biased as I am a vegetarian.  However, the whole ethics of eating animals in the comic book world seems abit in question.  I mean, the Aqua family talk to sea life, so there is some form of sentients there.  Bwana Beast talks to all animals.  Then we have sentient animals on their own like all the super pets.  And lets not forget Gorilla City.  Just seems a little weird that all these animals at some point have been represented as having a mind set close enough to humans yet no one seems to mind them getting eaten lol.

Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Warlord
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows said:
    You know, in everything I've read of him, I haven't seen it addressed one way or the other.  Anytime I've seen him eating food it's either something that doesn't have meat or is something that could have meat but isn't required (like pizza or burritos)So in the comics it's never been addressed but I think it's a good choice for him.  I mean, when you turn into a bull everyother day to take down some thug, hamburgers do boarderline on cannibalism.  I remember reading that the Martian Manhunter was a vegetarin for similar reasons.Then again, I sould be biased as I am a vegetarian.  However, the whole ethics of eating animals in the comic book world seems abit in question.  I mean, the Aqua family talk to sea life, so there is some form of sentients there.  Bwana Beast talks to all animals.  Then we have sentient animals on their own like all the super pets.  And lets not forget Gorilla City.  Just seems a little weird that all these animals at some point have been represented as having a mind set close enough to humans yet no one seems to mind them getting eaten lol.

good point. i was also gonna comment on AquaMan but thanks for doing it for me.
    the #1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the #1man

i like the whole idea of him eating meat, look at it like this animals can communicate in some form or another yet they still eat each other, why is it so looked down upon if beast boy does?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#10  Edited By AssertingValor

Depends on which aanimal he is transformed into at the time! ....
    MydLyfeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MydLyfeCrysis

If he turns into a wolf, don't wolves eat meat? Many of Beast Boy's various forms are in fact, carnivorous. As for the "Teen Titans" show, let's just avoid that.

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hulk_beyond
    @ebuchanan said:
    Depends on which aanimal he is transformed into at the time! ....
    LOL Thats what i was gonna say!
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

i think he should. 

Now do you think he will even be around after September? 
    mattxvx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattxvx

Absolutely he should be.   Rather, BB should be vegan.

It gives Beast Boy another level of his personality and, in my opinion, makes him 100 times more likeable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.