Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

im wondering what makes batwoman so great...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To go up against batman coolest villains? She whent up against bane she whent up against killer croc she's about to go up against mr freeze you don't see batgirl or red hood and the outlaws going up up against these kind of villains (the outlaws whent up against freeze but that's about it)

I'm just wonder what the point is the outlaws are geting new villians for them self the untitled,crux batgirl well batgirl I don't read her series but from what here she's not going up against batman coolest villains like the ones I listed so why?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

They've mostly been very brief appearances. She was sent to retrieve Mr. Freezes gun for the D.E.O. to study its technology, she fought Bane to get information on Batman, and Croc was working with Medusas forces in exchange for getting powered up.

Batwoman has her own villains though. Weeping Woman, Bloody Mary, The Hook, Maro, Alice, the religion of crime, Shard, Q-Ball and The Pool Hall Gang, etc.

Going up against a few Batman villains isn't about how great she is. It just makes sense for this arc.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was an accadent somebody tell me how to delete it or lock or whatever I'm suppose to do cause I have no idea

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

As Scarlette said, her runs with Batman's main rogues have mostly been brief encounters resulting from her working for the DEO (the Department of Extranormal Operations). Gotham may be a big city, but with so many heroes running around it is bound to happen that there is some villain-crossing between characters. And, also as Scarlette mentioned, Kate also has her fair share of her own villains.

When you get right down to it, though, I'd say that it's mainly the writers' decision. Williams and Blackman are probably more interested in giving some Batman villains cameos to up Kate's reputation while writers of other characters (Simone and Tynion) would rather use lesser known villains or create villains themselves. It's probably just a matter of preference for the writers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.