Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 957 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Alice And The Religion Of Crime To Return?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi Everyone.

After seeing this in the May Batman group solicits thread:

No Caption Provided

I remembered seeing that sarcophagus before, in #0: Beyond A Shadow.

No Caption Provided

Now, seeing as the sarcophagus was being transported by members of The Religion Of Crime, and they got away, this means that arc four will almost certainly have Religion Of Crime elements. The sarcophagus is clearly important, and as the solicit states, "Batwoman is being played right into a confrontation with Batman…and that’s the least of her problems after the final page of #20!", so I'm guessing we'll find out what's inside on that final page.

Also, the #19 solicit states, "What is the shocking family revelation that can turn Batwoman's world upside down?". I wonder if this could mean that we'll find out that Alice is still alive. I was trying to work out if Alice would be inside the sarcophagus for some reason, but I can't work out anything logical.

Anyone got any thoughts on any of this, or any other thoughts or predictions about arc four?

Scarlotte.

albahan888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By albahan888

Good catch. Well the Religion of Crime never really left what with Abbot and the other werebeasts still being around and I think I read or heard somewhere that JHW3 and W. Haden Blackman are going to leave Alice alone out of respect to Greg Rucka who apparently has a story to tell with her if he ever returns to DC. I mean it's fairly obvious (no offense) that Alice is alive it's comics and she fell into a dirty river with no body ever being recovered. So that's a good guess and really good catch on the sarcophagus but I think the family thing is probably more likely something to do with Bette and the DEO or her father (though it could relate to Alice/Beth).

Quite frankly I'm a little tired of all the "SHOCKING CHANGES/EVENTS HAPPEN HERE" solicits on Batwoman lately... the most recent one could refer to a number of things something with her father, something with Batte, something with Batman, something with the DEO, or (given she's apparently going to have a bigger role in this arc) something to do with Maggie. If it has to do with Alice I figure the DEO has her somehow as that's their logo around the sarcophagus head or they're doing something stupid with the Religion of Crime.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@albahan888 said:

Good catch. Well the Religion of Crime never really left what with Abbot and the other werebeasts still being around and I think I read or heard somewhere that JHW3 and W. Haden Blackman are going to leave Alice alone out of respect to Greg Rucka who apparently has a story to tell with her if he ever returns to DC. I mean it's fairly obvious (no offense) that Alice is alive it's comics and she fell into a dirty river with no body ever being recovered. So that's a good guess and really good catch on the sarcophagus but I think the family thing is probably more likely something to do with Bette and the DEO or her father (though it could relate to Alice/Beth).

Quite frankly I'm a little tired of all the "SHOCKING CHANGES/EVENTS HAPPEN HERE" solicits on Batwoman lately... the most recent one could refer to a number of things something with her father, something with Batte, something with Batman, something with the DEO, or (given she's apparently going to have a bigger role in this arc) something to do with Maggie. If it has to do with Alice I figure the DEO has her somehow as that's their logo around the sarcophagus head or they're doing something stupid with the Religion of Crime.

I realise now that I didn't word this article very well.

I meant they might be back in a main focus sort of way, and that she'll be revealed to be alive to the characters in the series, even though we the readers already know she probably is. I think I remember talk of them keeping Alice out of it, but as far as I remember that interview was in 2010, so they may have changed the plan by now. It could well be something to do with Bette or Jacob though.

Yeah, the solicits have been a bit misleading at times. I kinda thought the DEO logo might be there because they're targeting the Religion Of Crime, and the logo on the cover might represent a crosshair. The "Batwoman is being played right into a confrontation with Batman" reminds me of the conversation where Batman says that her joining the DEO will lead to conflict between them, so it seems this may be the case. I wonder what the DEO want with Batman.

It'll be interesting to find out anyway.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SupBatz

Nice catch with thhe sarcophagus. It seems very plausible. I doubt anyone really thought Alice was gone for good (they made a point of saying that her body was never recovered). So I'm glad to hear she'll be coming back. Perhaps established as a permanent Batwoman adversary. The Joker to Kate's Batman.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SupBatz said:

Nice catch with thhe sarcophagus. It seems very plausible. I doubt anyone really thought Alice was gone for good (they made a point of saying that her body was never recovered). So I'm glad to hear she'll be coming back. Perhaps established as a permanent Batwoman adversary. The Joker to Kate's Batman.

Thanks. It'd be great to see hear again, and to hear some more about here. Like, where was she when she was thought to be dead, and what made her turn out like she did? There must be an interesting story behind that.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By wessaari

Great catch, especially after this week's issue :P

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@wessaari said:

Great catch, especially after this week's issue :P

Thanks. I didn't quite expect her to be revealed in this issue, but I'm guessing Batwoman will see her in it #20.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.