Batman: The Complete Television Series Releases Tuesday, November 11th

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

After years of trying to get the 60s Batman television series to a home release, fans can rejoice next week when Batman: The Complete Television Series hits Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD in a limited edition box set (for physical copies) on Tuesday, November 11th.

Below is an all-new video clip that features Adam West discussing his favorite episode from the 120-episode series, along with a short, famous scene of Batman/Adam West creating the dance craze, the Batusi (alongside Jill St. John).

Currently, fans can pre-order the series fro their favorite online or real life retailer, and it's listed on Amazon for $174 on Blu-ray and $134 on DVD. Here's what you get in the boxed set. 

• · ALL 120 Original Broadcast Episodes Fully Remastered In HD
    • · Highly Collectible Premiums

Hot Wheels® Replica Batmobile

The Adam West Scrapbook

44 Vintage Trading Cards

Ultraviolet Digital Copy

32-Page Complete Episode Guide

OVER 3 Hours Of ALL NEW Extras:

Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West

Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors

Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.

Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.

Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 &2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes

Na Na Na Batman! — Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories

Batman: The Complete Tv Series comes out on Tuesday, November 11th.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boynerdgeek

I have love -hate relationship with Batman 66 and Batman silver age. I like the story of Dark Serious Batman and Light Colourful Batman. But after hearing interview Denny O'neill which he said you like Light and Colourful Batman when you're kids but when you become older and mature you don't care for that version of Batman. Remember folks, Denny O'neill bring back Batman to serious golden age storytelling. His Batman run is very underrated which feature classic story involve Ra's Al Ghul. All people remember nowadays is Frank Miller TDKR and Batman Year One but forget Denny O'neill run on Batman

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I have love -hate relationship with Batman 66 and Batman silver age. I like the story of Dark Serious Batman and Light Colourful Batman. But after hearing interview Denny O'neill interview which he said you like Light and Colourful Batman when you're kids but when you become older and mature you don't care for that version of Batman. Remember folks, Denny O'neill bring back Batman to serious golden age storytelling. His Batman run is very underrated which feature classic story involve Ra's Al Ghul. All people remember nowadays is Frank Miller TDKR and Batman Year One but forget Denny O'neill run on Batman

O'neill has no right to decide what you ought to enjoy.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Batman ever!

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@timelordscience: I enjoy "campy" Batman which Batman Brave and the bold potray but the mess with Batman Forever and Batman &Robin....eww it should be forgotten

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meatwadf

@boynerdgeek said:

I have love -hate relationship with Batman 66 and Batman silver age. I like the story of Dark Serious Batman and Light Colourful Batman. But after hearing interview Denny O'neill interview which he said you like Light and Colourful Batman when you're kids but when you become older and mature you don't care for that version of Batman. Remember folks, Denny O'neill bring back Batman to serious golden age storytelling. His Batman run is very underrated which feature classic story involve Ra's Al Ghul. All people remember nowadays is Frank Miller TDKR and Batman Year One but forget Denny O'neill run on Batman

O'neill has no right to decide what you ought to enjoy.

Yeah, you shouldn't let other people decide for you what you like. I love O'neill, but my favorite Batman moment will always be one that involves the campy one, and I'm 32. Nothing wrong with that, at all.

No Caption Provided

wundagoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Want. Want. WANT.

But don't have the $174 sitting around for it, so I'll be wanting for a good long while.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I'm really hoping this will get a non-collector's edition release on blu-ray that's just the disks without the art cards and stuff because I really cannot justify spending $175 on this.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Holy nostalgia, Batman!!!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is really cool.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 owie  Moderator

Sweet. I am a huge fan of this series, but was going to pass on this since I got a bootleg a few years ago after despairing that they would ever give it a legitmate release. But, seeing all the nice swag that comes with it, I guess I may have to get it after all! Looks like great extras.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Super cool. Can't wait.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ComicStooge

My favourite episode was the one where Joker tried to steal a brain-swapping machine to get into the body of the pro-surfer to win a surfing competition.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love it - I grew up with it so it's my first impression of Batman no matter what, and no Joker can top Cesar Romero

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

@kennyshat: There are different versions. I'm doing a write up now.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have love -hate relationship with Batman 66 and Batman silver age. I like the story of Dark Serious Batman and Light Colourful Batman. But after hearing interview Denny O'neill which he said you like Light and Colourful Batman when you're kids but when you become older and mature you don't care for that version of Batman. Remember folks, Denny O'neill bring back Batman to serious golden age storytelling. His Batman run is very underrated which feature classic story involve Ra's Al Ghul. All people remember nowadays is Frank Miller TDKR and Batman Year One but forget Denny O'neill run on Batman

I have a lot of respect for O'Neil but as a writer and as an editor. What he says about the Batman mythos I general agrees with. However I think that the '66 show had a negative impact on him that he might have a problem letting go of. O'Neil tried in the comics to break free form the campy Batman make him into a serious and more mature character and even though this happened in the comics it didn't happen in the popular medium until the 89 movie (that is only 25 years ago - which is not that long ago when you think about it). I believe that the show and the public opinion that Batman and superheroes was camp for so long irritated him especially since this was his most active period as a writer. That does he don't have the same level of nostalgia (O'Neil was 27 in 1966) and he probably has more negative memories than positive about the series to see it in a positive light.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@g_man: I saw that they're doing individual season releases on DVD. I really hope they do them on Blu-ray too. I could swing $40 a season, but I can't manage over $200 for a box set.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.