Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Zero Year to be a new take on Year One?

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gotwillpower

At the Wondercon panel with Scott Snyder, CBR quoted him on his plans for Zero Year, saying that "With 'Zero Year' we're absolutely, 100% [doing new takes on old ideas]." He continues to explain that he will be writing an entirely new story, different from Year One. It will, of course, include essential aspects such as "the pearls in the alley," but otherwise it will be "a Gotham you've never seen before!"

Personally, I'll be happy as long as the ending ties up all the loose ends (as in, no villains escaping into the unknown, and no mystery or puzzle left unsolved).

Edit: I summarized Snyder's plans incorrectly. They are fixed now.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MuyJingo

New takes on old ideas, i.e. continuing to rewrite continuity when there is little reason to except to make his mark - the cost being a lesser story.

At least he is admitting it now. I was getting pretty tired of him harping on in every interview how much he worships year one and would never contradict it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Of course that he will rip off even Year One.And from the looks of it it will suck but I still have some low hopes for it.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i heard about that, sounds promising.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@muyjingo:He contradicted year:one all they way back in Black Mirror.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By consolemaster001

Interesting

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- As long as Snyder can't muck up the current continuity with his barely mediocre stories, i'm fine.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather Snyder do something new and refreshing rather than do another batman origin story, especially since we just had zero month and Batman:Earth One. Snyder already made his mark on batman with the highly overrated Court of Owls arc he doesnt need to do his own take on batmans origin

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By kilomac29

I'm interested to see what he comes up with. I love Year One, its my favorite Batman story thus far (Disclosure: new to comics, so I haven't read a lot of them yet.) But, I always like a fresh take, as long as its a good story. I've really enjoyed Snyder's run on Batman and feel like he would do a good job with it.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@kilomac29:

I'm pretty new to comics too, and Year One is certainly one of my favorite Batman stories, but I think a different take on Batman's early days would be cool. I feel hesitant though, because Year One will probably be the story I think of rather than Zero Year, so what's the point of making it? Regardless, it's supposed to feature the Riddler, so it could have cool plot devices (I like puzzles and mysteries).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would rather Snyder do something new and refreshing rather than do another batman origin story, especially since we just had zero month and Batman:Earth One. Snyder already made his mark on batman with the highly overrated Court of Owls arc he doesnt need to do his own take on batmans origin

This.

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gotwillpower: Cool! I"m a huge riddler fan myself! Despite this:

No Caption Provided

Probably my favorite Batman villain. What you said about Year One will always hold true for me as well.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

I'm not cool with Snyder messing with Year One. Let me rephrase that, I'm not cool with current DC Editorial and Snyder messing with Year One.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.