Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would you like Gotham to become a recurring villain?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

I don't know about you, but I thought Gotham (and Gotham Girl) was a great villain. He does need quite a bit more character development in more issues though. Would you want to see him return, and become a major villain for DC, appearing almost as often as the classics?

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

...but the Gothams aren't/weren't villains. They were heroes being manipulated and brainwashed.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gotham Girl's shaved head is an even greater villain.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No for two reasons.

Gotham is dead.

And the post above me already told who the real villain is.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he wasn't interesting and didn't bring anything new to the table that would make him a recurring villain (just like his sister and Duke).

I'd rather see a gritty reboot of Egghead or Condiment King than more of boring Gothamman

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

No, he wasn't interesting and didn't bring anything new to the table that would make him a recurring villain (just like his sister and Duke).

I'd rather see a gritty reboot of Egghead or Condiment King than more of boring Gothamman

Agree would rather see a gritty/darker version of an obscure Batman villain.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be kinda hard to do, seeing as he's dead, and his story has been concluded.

From a purely action perspective, it'd be fun to see Batman fighting a Count-Nefaria-tier foe on a regular basis, and prevailing via use of his wits (like Reed Richards vs. Galactus), but how'd you even bring him back and have it make sense? He doesn't have a personality to speak of, for starters?

@rdclip said:

A gritty Condiment King would defeat the purpose of having Condiment King in the first place.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO! H e needs to stay dead and GG needs to go away.

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham Girl's shaved head is an even greater villain.

LMAO

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when does a character being dead have anything to do with whether or not they will appear in more issues? Coming back to life is easy as pie! Don't you people even read comics? Lol. :P

commissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Since when does a character being dead have anything to do with whether or not they will appear in more issues? Coming back to life is easy as pie! Don't you people even read comics? Lol. :P

But people can wish that a character stays dead, can't they?

He's dead . . . DC doesn't HAVE TO bring him back!!!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commissar: I don't have a problem with new villains being added in Gotham on rare occasions. I liked having a Superman level villain for Batman, and the challenges it could bring with it. My thing is, if I want another classic villain story to read, there are about a bazillion of them out there already to back-read. It's kind of nice to get something new every once and a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.