Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would he adopt Duke?

Gospel_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gospel_Truth

Duke Thomas. He allowed him to live at the Wayne manor. Would he adopt him?

In all honesty, I would prefer he didn't.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By adrikito

Unfortunately, he will do this..

Remember Batman 5 end, Gotham Girl story is another excuse for continue with Duke during a Loooong time.... Tim out and Two comics for this character....

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he doesn't. I hope Duke either goes away for good or dies. A brutal death by the hands of Joker.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooooooooooo... let he go live somewhere else.. some other town. I don't know maybe Metrolopis ? Yea Metropolis :) And die in collateral damage of Superman battle :P I even don't think about this... it just comes... sounds fun :P Batman turn mad and start fight with Superman :P

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well both of Duke's parents are still alive, so it really depends on what happens with them and whether or not Duke has any other relatives. With both currently being insane and all they're not exactly fit to take care of Duke. And legally people aren't just going to let Duke stay at some rich guy's house with no reason. Same issue popped up way back when, shortly after Tim Drake's father died and his mother had to be sent to a clinic when she started to suffer under the stress of everything. Bruce pointed out that laws had changed and he couldn't take Tim in as his ward, but he could adopt him. If they wanna go ahead and keep hammering in the Tim Drake similarities they'll have Duke do the same thing Tim did: falsify records, alter a will, and pay some actor to be his uncle and take care of him so that he doesn't have to be adopted.

Darkknight819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No let him die

Foxus27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am tired of duke thomas , he is really very boring character , we have like 3 or 4 robins and snyders bring a new character? at least use harper row , she is a more interesting character by far

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whys everybody hate Duke lol? I mean i'm indifferent about him but idk.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HighAccuser
    wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Yeah. Good character written by Bermejo in an ensemble. All Duke has done since is take up a page or two in each issue he's in basically being a teenage Alfred without the wit and charisma.

Gospel_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: I don't hate him, I just don't see what he brings to the story. He just seems like an extra, nothing too interesting :/ Perhaps that will change, but I honestly don't see that happening as long as they keep him in Batman's shadows.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wrucebayne: This!

He literally stands there and does nothing.

Man, at least Alfred is useful lol

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: He does absolutely nothing a platypus , remember phineas , and ferb?

Lol

But I don't mind, doesn't show skill tough, but could prove to become useful some how. Maybe like a not so smart antagonist guy..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.