Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Will Bruce be the most skilled and most capable Green Lantern?

• 83 results
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Black-Death

White-Life

Green-Willpower

Blue-Hope

Indigo-Compassion

Sapphire-Love

Orange-Greed

Yellow-Fear

Red-Rage

Mortacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Mortacai

I know this would strip Batman of his greatest asset but does he have great rage in his heart? If so welcome to the Red Lanterns.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Mortacai said:

I know this would strip Batman of his greatest asset but does he have great rage in his heart? If so welcome to the Red Lanterns.

He does have rage. He just expresses it in a different way.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By WarBlade539

@DEGRAAF: That is true. Remember how he got corrupted when he got Superman's powers. But that was due to the power of the spell which gave him Clark's powers. I suppose if he get's a ring, he is gonna try his best to master it through discipline and concentration and obviously loads of willpower.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WarBlade539

@FadeToBlackBolt: That he will. Not to forget all the amazing 'technological' constructs he can create, unlike the hollow constructs by some Green Lanterns.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DEGRAAF

@darkazrael999 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: That he will. Not to forget all the amazing 'technological' constructs he can create, unlike the hollow constructs by some Green Lanterns.

Yea i think his would be a mash up of Kyle's, John's, and Guy's constructs. He would create extravagant constructs when he had time to think, big scary type constructs sometimes with no types of innards (like a bat), Then other times make solid constructs with lots of detail on the outside (multiple images of himself)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@DEGRAAF said:

@darkazrael999 said:

Yea i think his would be a mash up of Kyle's, John's, and Guy's constructs. He would create extravagant constructs when he had time to think, big scary type constructs sometimes with no types of innards (like a bat), Then other times make solid constructs with lots of detail on the outside (multiple images of himself)

His emotions could even be made into constructs

Batman being as smart as he is would simply infuse the ring's power into him or a suit of armor, therefore not needing to recharge, etc.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Wow, talk about old jokes.

No, I think he'd be a more effective yellow lantern.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: no because he doesn't kill and Lanterns are sometimes called upon to put an enemy down.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Gracetrack

@wavemotioncannon: I think Bruce easily has the potential to be the greatest. He has pretty much mastered his fear, and with his seeming ability to master just about everything else he puts his hand to, he could gain control over the ring like no other lantern before him.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WarBlade539

@squares said:

That he will. But think about this:- The tremendous amount of willpower he has shown over the years. He has gone through stuff that would break any normal man. He should have killed the Joker long back but he didn't. He himself said that he wanted to but he didn't cause he couldn't let himself fall to that level.
    Didn't Clark once say, "It's hard sometimes when I think about Lex Luthor being President of The United States that there is such a thing as hope. Then, I look at Batman and all the tragedy in his life and how, somehow, he presses on. And if he can do the job, I've got nothing to complain about."

I mean the guy has enough willpower to over-power a Yellow Ring. And he is way smarter than any of the human Lanterns anyway. Think of the awesome constructs he will create, instead of baseball bats and circus fat ladies and mouse-traps. 0__0

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: I think Bruce easily has the potential to be the greatest. He has pretty much mastered his fear, and with his seeming ability to master just about everything else he puts his hand to, he could gain control over the ring like no other lantern before him.

He could become as good as Sinestro was maybe even better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

That he will. But think about this:- The tremendous amount of willpower he has shown over the years. He has gone through stuff that would break any normal man. He should have killed the Joker long back but he didn't. He himself said that he wanted to but he didn't cause he couldn't let himself fall to that level.

Didn't Clark once say, "It's hard sometimes when I think about Lex Luthor being President of The United States that there is such a thing as hope. Then, I look at Batman and all the tragedy in his life and how, somehow, he presses on. And if he can do the job, I've got nothing to complain about."

I mean the guy has enough willpower to over-power a Yellow Ring. And he is way smarter than any of the human Lanterns anyway. Think of the awesome constructs he will create, instead of baseball bats and circus fat ladies and mouse-traps. 0__0

But he's much better at getting people to fear him, ergo why he's better suited to having a yellow ring.

And sources for his being able to overpower a yellow ring, please?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He can never get over the death of his parents. GL are known for getting over fear. So no. He wouldn't be.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can never get over the death of his parents. GL are known for getting over fear. So no. He wouldn't be.

What does the death of his parents have anything to do with fear?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Gracetrack

@darkazrael999 said:

@supreme_marvel said:

Mm yeah... I didn't know he was afraid or fearful about this either.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

@darkazrael999 said:

Quoted for truth! I am imagining what his costume will be like. I imagine he would train and meditate for a year near some star and come back to Earth as a Godly Being. That would be awesome.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@supreme_marvel said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RustyRoy

@omnicrono said:

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

If a person can use all ring or be white lantern, is that person better than a person that only uses green lantern which is the one that doesnt negative effects ?

Well since Batman use fear to fight criminals, wouldnt he be better on Sinestro Corp than Green Lantern ?

He probably wont be the best lantern, so that wont need stay as latern forever.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Gracetrack

@supreme_marvel said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@supreme_marvel said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Bruce flat out says that he doesn't want to put that night behind him. Right there on the last panel, my man. Not that he can't. He doesn't want to.

If he really wanted to do so, I am fairly sure he could. But he never will because DC needs plot devices like this one in place as a reason why he will never become a GL, logically speaking.

(Of course, readers know he never will become a GL precisely because he's Batman.)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kgb725

I ssy go for it because dick Grayson would be the main man in Gotham again

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

No

Why not? I am not saying you're wrong but think of it this way. The tremendous amount of willpower he has shown over the years. He has gone through stuff that would break any normal man. He resisted killing the Joker even after Jason's death or Barbara's incident. He keeps on pushing no matter what. And I believe it was Clark who said that, "It's hard sometimes when I think about Lex Luthor being President of The United States that there is such a thing as hope. Then, I look at Batman and all the tragedy in his life and how, somehow, he presses on. And if he can do the job, I've got nothing to complain about."

And he is smarter than any of the human lanterns. With enough practice, he could be as good as Sinestro was.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Dayvid3

If the ring's nature first jived with his nature, he'd be smart enough to use it well in a fight technically. And you did allow him time to get used to using it. My first though was he'd have to learn a very different style of fighting. He's a karate man, fighting hand to hand. He'd just have to get used to different methods. Incorporating flight, long range, energy projection, etc. He'd be fine, it's just different and would be an adjustment.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

absolutely. With his mind, he strives to master his weapons and the ring wouldnt be any different. I would say he would be Sinestro

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

When he did have Superman's powers in Superman/Batman he became corrupt. Im not sure if he became that way because he had more power or if it was a side affect from the spell that granted him the powers

No Caption Provided

Yeah I agree he'd be like Sinestro and go down just the same!

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He could be one but,

I don't want him to be one. It would ruin Batman.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

He could be one but,

I don't want him to be one. It would ruin Batman.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By sinestro_GL

The name of the thread should be changed to 'Would Bruce Be the Most Skilled...' and I'll probably vote no on that. The famous words of the ring upon induction into the Green Lantern Corps is that the user has the ability to overcome great fear. While Bruce certainly fits that description, I think to back to the time when Jason died, and that had haunted Bruce for a very long time.

While that is understandable, it really was a big thing for Bruce to deal with - and that could possibly work against him, since that personality trait exists within him, even though Jason isn't exactly dead anymore.

But a Sinestro Corps Batman is a lot more plausible.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

Idk, i would say yes but Gotha has a way of rising up to the heroes and bringing on new villains as a challenge for him. Most likely if DC ever gave him a ring (which might as well be considered impossible) they would give his villains rings as well.

Scarecrow - Yellow Lantern

Two Face - Red Lantern/ Blue lantern (i know this is impossible but maybe his mind is so separated that it would work for him)

Joker - Anti-Green Lantern Corps

Penguin - Orange Lantern

Cat Woman - Sapphire Lantern Corps

Black Mask - Black Lantern

Hush - Indigo Tribe (only because all others were taken)

Talia Al Ghul- Indigo Tribe (don't know why, it just fits)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.