Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why I Hate Batman?

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

because he's better than you

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#352  Edited By lamdaddy20
    Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol This thread is still going? Look at all these mad little fanboys.

Punisher rekts Batman

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeejaybay: So what do you think of Scott Snyder? I think he does a good job of balancing Batman as a force to be reckoned with and his limitations and/or failures.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is as incoherent and sub literate as most Batman haters on this site.

I would say to read the source material for Batman and other Superheroes in an apples to apples comparison instead of the cut and paste method that is required...but their reasoning is how so many could elect Cheeto Jesus.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@oni_bane said:

Lol This thread is still going? Look at all these mad little fanboys.

Punisher rekts Batman

hah

no

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
    deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reasons for hating Batman here are quit poor. It's lilkely that however made this thread is just jumping on to the "I hate Batman train". People need to stop trashing Batman's reputation just because people like him more than there favourite character.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By AbstractRaze

Please, someone feed this guy's hate, who generalizes Batman's fanbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
    deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I love Batman. You're entitled to hate him but I love him because of 1 reason. He's human. A very unrealistic human yes but he's human. He has fears regrets ect. However broken down he gets though he always gets up. His effort, his heart ect are not only things that are relatable but they're also admireable and inspirational. Batman represents the best of what humanity can be but is human himself. It helps that he has the best supporting cast (Villians, Sidekicks) in comics.

HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think you lost it. I really think you have. Tell you who we are, later, alright. Now look, someone, nearby by, tell this woman we don't know about her. Someone's good? Thank you. Okay so, look, it's gone. You're right. He wasn't real. It's a big show, he hates, women, loves them, so much he does, and he's so sure, that nobody even knew that, because he was too busy, KILLING HIS FATHER to save his mother from him, he did it for their love. No? Well, there was real life, where the league of shadows wanted to interfere in his world anyway, so she went into hiding, but he's an immortal, and, he makes his eyes, actually glow by night, yes just like Goliath, from Gargoyles. You're happy? You ruined the magic for everyone? Batman's got powers everyone, it's physically impossible not to, great, fine, great, he doesn't literally just, jump off the building and hide below or anything, that would be, awesome. To never have told you, or Jim Gordon, till now

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't you dare talk disrespect toward the Batgod.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Batman, but I hate a lot of times that, when he is on a fight, the argument 'Because he is Batgod' is a win... it's so freaking stupid

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're wrong. No one hates Batman. He's the best.

Logansolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I am sick of Batman. He is one dimensional and boring. I haven't read an interesting or different Batman story in years.

What really missed me off is how arro gant he is. He always shows up in other characters books just to tell them how lame they are. "You're doing it wrong, Batwoman/Batgirl/Robin! Step aside and let me show you how it's done, stupid!Oh shit! My back is broken! I guess I need your help after all!"

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Personally I am sick of Batman. He is one dimensional and boring. I haven't read an interesting or different Batman story in years.

What really missed me off is how arro gant he is. He always shows up in other characters books just to tell them how lame they are. "You're doing it wrong, Batwoman/Batgirl/Robin! Step aside and let me show you how it's done, stupid!Oh shit! My back is broken! I guess I need your help after all!"

Well over 80% of major heros are one dimensional now a days. And that's sad. But you must not have read many stories because New52 Batman & Robin was very excellent and inovative.

HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

well like why would you want to know, what commercial retailers tell about him then anyway?

there's better Batman stories, people have called Bob Kane a copywrite thief, and Batman something else entirely, the Beast?

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to like him now days not so much I prefer overpowered characters like Superman or Sentry

ChrisMarasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane: You have a sad life. Get over it. Batman is better than any other superhero, which is why he is popular.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Alexander505

It's not about fanbase, the most bat haters just hate the character, the envy and the butthurt play a huge role here. Everything the character does is a PIS or something inconsistent for them. He can't be the second smartest human being in DC because he's Batman, he can't be a peak human as Cap because he's Batman, he can't defeat with his intellect and tech powerful characters as he did with Justice Buster against JL because he's Batman. The myth about the Bat God or the prep time thing, was made up by haters not fanboys, just to make fun of the character because they hate him. Through a decade or so, on the web, haters (especially Marvel fanboys) has turned Batman in a meme, they made Batman the Chuck Norris of DC.

@frozen said: The excuse of ''Batman fanboys'' is a social-construction created by haters to justify their hatred of Batman, in addition to Batman being far more popular than their own superhero.
    BoraHcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

c: looks like you dont know heck about batman.

-No one can learn hundred martial arts.

Batman didn't learn all of them in his journey. you can learn and master a martial art in a year, if you work with the master, private lessons, training 8 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, 4 week a month, 12 month a year. You can see a lot of martial arts inside of different martial arts. like Taekwondo in Hapkido. Bruce learned from Zatarra and Zatanna, time warping magic? Hermione did it lol. Bruces journey never ended, he always learned things in his free time

-He is not some just rich a$$. This power is his will. it is like a green lantern.

its not about his moral code. he wants to kill joker. He is afraid of himself. If he crosses the line a bit he is afraid he can never come back

BatDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People may not like certain versions, but how can anyone not like this version...

http://rainonit.com/3EEh

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Chimichanga100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By Chimichanga100

@oni_bane: I have no regrets in saying Batman is my favorite superhero, so screw your whole "No Batman fans allowed" rule. That being said however, this is not to say Batman is without flaws which I notice. For example, when people overrate him and claim him to beat EVERYONE with prep time, they just don't understand that there are characters who just can't be beat. Another example, there are times where he acts more out of character (or at least acts like a character which I'm not too happy about), such as projecting his moral code on other heroes, or when he acts a bit more antagonistic to them than he does to villains, or when he brutally tortures criminals to get information from them, or when he keeps serious and important secrets from his family and friends. To go along with that, there's also the inconsistency of said character, because then (and these are moments which I do like) he will try to reason with and help criminals (who might actually need help) and negotiate with them in exchange for information, and times where, while sticking with his moral code, will make some loopholes (such as if a criminal kills themselves, he won't try to save them, or he won't oppose a hero if they decide to kill a villain), or when he actually acts like a chill and genuine homey with his fellow heroes (and with people in general); now while these are more moments which I do appreciate from the hero, I don't like that it's basically just showing how inconsistent his character is (I guess that's what happens when you have a popular character that lasted for decades who's almost constantly passed around from writer to writer). Basically, I hate, hate, HATE character inconsistency. Then you also get to the fact that the writers will not only write him out of character, but they want to make him as OP and badass as possible, ignoring all notion of realism or human limits. So he survives a fall from orbit with very limited resources (so no parachute, his cape doesn't work properly, and he isn't wearing a breathing mask, but he at least has his armor on), not a big deal, but when he walks away from it seemingly UNSCATCHED, that's when I have a problem; then you get the time he kicked a motorcycle in half, or when he disappeared WHILE SOMEONE WAS LOOKING AT HIM, or when he resisted 9 MILLION MINDS TRYING TO TAKE HIM OVER, it's just too ridiculous. Now of course, plenty of writers do this with all sorts of characters, they are all just as guilty, but with Batman, he just seems to have it shown off the most (him and Captain America, though I cut Cap SOME slack since the Super Soldier Serum does actually bring him to near superhuman levels, Batman just trains super hard). And then you look at Batman's TRAINING REGIMEN, and you think, "What the fuck?!" Because not only does it seem like he overdoes it, but it's also like, "How does he have the time do this, let alone manage to do all of this stuff?!" So yeah, just not always a big fan of how unrealistic Batman gets sometimes. Plus, honestly, the fan community for Batman can get very toxic, so this kinda goes along with what they say about Batman being praised by everyone who says he wins EVERY fight via prep time; plus, when he does do something heroic, or him along with the good guys do come out victorious, people refuse to look at context. For example, in the encounter with World Forger, people tend to say Batman tricked World Forger and saved Superman, but here's how the situation went; World Forger put Superman on a super dark planet to die via lack of solar power, and told Batman to move the suns so Superman could truly die, which Batman did (although he didn't necessarily want to, he also did say that it was possibly the one solution to help the good guys achieve victory, with Batman only hoping and giving Superman the chance to prove him wrong). People claim World Forger was tricked by Batman, but when you look at the actual context, that wasn't the case, Superman lived because he DID prove to Batman he could do it, and he saved himself; this is actually one of the moments where I did have a slight dislike toward Bruce. So this whole toxic fanbase is kind of like how I feel about My Hero Academia; do I like the franchise? Yes. Do I like the fanbase? No. I think there are other reasons, but those are ones which happen at the top of my head.

The moral code thing, I actually don't have a problem with it, because Bruce even tries to make it clear, if he does cross that line, he will only view himself as having to stoop down to that same level as criminals, and he wants to be better than them. That is a very understandable and relatable thing to think about. And there are even times where he even makes it a point that he does his job out of justice, not vengeance, stuff like, "It is not up to me to determine what their sentence is. They deserve a fair trail in court, and it is up to the justice system to determine their punishment."

His backstory, while it gets pretty inconsistent sometimes, it does remain relatively the same at the basics: Bruce Wayne was just a normal rich kid in Gotham who was orphaned when a criminal shot his parents dead in front of him, so he swore to become a protector of the innocent and fight crime, traveling across the world to train and equip himself to prepare for his path ahead, and would return to his home as the caped crusader, Batman. Makes a lot of sense to me.

The martial arts part, I don't pay too much attention to that, but yeah, it is a bit crazy and gets ridiculous (go back to what I said about how ridiculous it is that he has practically superhuman feats), at least 20 (heck, 27 even, just leave out the rest of the 100) would be more reasonable, and even though he is crazy smart, I wouldn't buy into that excuse as much, considering it would still take quite a while to fully master A martial art, let alone 127, plus you couple in all the reading he's done, training aside from martial arts (he'd also be doing a lot of gymnastics, overall strength work, weapons training, and using his chi/chakra), and building equipment, learning different languages, all that. Again, I know he's super smart, so he can also learn things really fast and retain and memorize that information almost perfectly, but even then, would still take quite a bit of time. So this is something I gotta agree on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.