Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why I Hate Batman?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#201  Edited By PunyParker
    Loading Video...

AAAAND...

BECAUSE F*** YOU THATS WHY!!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By ARMIV2

While I find him overrated, I don't hate Batman. I hate Batgod, who looks good and makes other heroes look inept and worthless.

I hate that guy too. I hope Batman beats him up.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@armiv2: I hate Robin......(oh God,here it comes...)

I love Knightwing though!

killsoul16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By killsoul16

Everything about Batman's awesome

His comics, movies, T.V shows, even his video games are the best there is IMO.

If you don't like Batman it's fine but the only retard here is you because your angry at a character that is not real. It would be like me trash taking to 6 year olds because they believe in Santa

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hating a fictional character is pretty pathetic imo, but whatever it's your life.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

You know why I hate you because you. Two reasons.

1 You come to a Batman forum about Batman saying why you hate him, where as if you really did you wouldn't be on this board.

2. You come to a Batman forum about Batman saying no fanboys allowed.

;)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Agreed. If you hate Batman, why even come to the Batman forum? It just makes no sense.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HOW MUCH THEY HATE ME?

Very.

KISS GIRLS LIKE KATY

Perry.

I AM NEVER SPRUNG, BUT I SPRING-ER

Jerry.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I don't hate Batman, but I do hate his fanboys.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why bump a 1 year old hate thread?

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are more Batman haters on this site than there are fanboys as of late.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are more Batman haters on this site than there are fanboys as of late.

QFT

BatmanRising28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ratman19: He doesn't beat everyone though. Sometimes, he is badly injuredby the villain, has to go away and learn from his mistakes, then comes back to beat them.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come guys, there's no need to bump this thread, the guy who made this thread hasn't updated for months now.

Avatar image for your_friendly_azn
    Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't like his "over-the-top" fans; they can be annoying sometimes.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane the reason batman, and alot of people from dc, doesnt kill is because the comic writers want to bring villains back. if batman killed the joker, than there would be no more encounters with him, if he killed all his villains, hed have no more villains to fight, they wouldnt have anymore ideas for his comics than he will be finished.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane the reason batman, and alot of people from dc, doesnt kill is because the comic writers want to bring villains back. if batman killed the joker, than there would be no more encounters with him, if he killed all his villains, hed have no more villains to fight, they wouldnt have anymore ideas for his comics than he will be finished.

There is no need to bump this thread anymore

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctis: Oh great another grammer corrector.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#219  Edited By Stormbox

Why keep bumping this?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By russellmania77

Because you're just a hater.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't resist the urge to bump this thread.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats is one of my favorite characters along with Spidey. Yeah his fanboys can be more annoying than other fanboys but he is still a great character. This thread should be locked for its blatant troll bait.

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctis: Oh great another grammer corrector.

There's no "E" in grammar -_-

And yes, as a Grammar Nazi, it is my duty to correct bad grammar. And thank you, it makes me happy to know that my work doesn't go unnoticed.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing is that he belives i give a damn about him, dont notice all the other heroes suck harder by his own bizarre logic that me, the only reason that people hates me, is because i am more popular in the mainstream that any other superheroes and i had being with more women that them in one week that they will ever do in their life!!!
    The funny thing is that he belives i give a damn about him, dont notice all the other heroes suck harder by his own bizarre logic that me, the only reason that people hates me, is because i am more popular in the mainstream that any other superheroes and i had being with more women that them in one week that they will ever do in their life!!!
    Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Dayvid3

@Oni_Bane said:

@Noctis Really dude, Read the rules, No fanboys.

No, he's not a fanboy. That was indeed a grammar fail, I have no idea what you were trying to say.

You say it's impossible to master 127 different styles of martial arts... it's a comic book. If realism is really what your looking for, find a different hobby. Batman's martial arts is FAR, I say FAAARR from the most unrealistic thing in comics.

Within boundaries even in fiction. Others have wacky powers, so there is some suspension of disbelief. As long as the writers adhere to the rules of those powers. Batman's gimmick is that he's human, albeit smarter with good genes and training, but it often seems to go far beyond that.

Loading Video...

That crap right there. The guy who goes punch for punch with superman throws him threw a concrete column, smacks him, grabs him by the throat and smashes him through a fortress wall. Yeah his human body would be paste no matter how much he works out. Actually the whole body denting walls is a common theme I hate. It happens to lots of non super strength/endurance powered characters and it should kill them all. Cyclops can shoot beams out of his eyes, but still has a mortal body. But this is a pet peeve for another thread

That said, I hate the ultrafans, he's often a jerkass in the animated movies. But getting into him some in the new 52 batman and robin, he seemed fine

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Batman is meh with me.

Basically agreed. He would be one of the more interesting normal human characters (after Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Punisher, Green Arrow, etc), but his fans take him from just, "meh" to worst character ever (along with Wolverine).

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with OP. Batman is overrated trash, Superman's a real hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344: If you don't like batman why would you go to his forum? Or spread your hate? Don't forget that batman movies made more, arkham games were the best superhero games ever, and sells more

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@herokiller12344: If you don't like batman why would you go to his forum? Or spread your hate? Don't forget that batman movies made more, arkham games were the best superhero games ever, and sells more

Oh I don't know, because that's where this thread was?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344: I could've said the same to the guy who made this thread. You shouldn't go to someplace you don't like just to complain about it. If you don't like it, stay away from it.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Its better not to reply to haters. No matter what you say they wont change there mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@oni_bane said:

People often ask me why I hate Batman. So I am here to tell you exactly why.

Batman is overrated, his fanboys up play him to be super human, when in reality he is a self-absorbed a$$! He doesn't kill his villains because of his moralcode, when in reality its not about you. Its for the good of the people. I read a thread in which his fanboys said that he would loses to Mr.Fantastic, come on, how could a man become so popular when even his back story makes no sense, how could he become a master of over a hundred different martial arts. From what I've gathered his parents died when he was about 8, if that is true, even it he started training right then he never would have been to master every martial art known to man.

I will posting more on the subject but I have to go. If any one else hates the Bat. Please state in this forum.

No Batman Fanboys allowed!!!!!!

You obviously don't know anything about Batman or his origin story. And who fucking gives a shit that he doesn't have powers. He has genius level intellect that is matched by no one else in the DC universe, and is always 2 steps ahead of everyone. If he throws a batarang at someone and they catch it, he wanted that person to catch it. With preparation, he could kill everyone in the Marvel universe. And you are one son of bitch with their head up their ass. You are obviously a Marvel Fanboy, you don't like Batman and Superman? Really? The biggest Marvel fanboys I know like Superman and Batman. They are without doubt the 2 greatest comic book characters of all time.

No Caption Provided

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

people hate on superior spider-man on the spider-man thread. if you put it on general discussion somebody crys "move it to the batman thread". the topic is batman, so that's where this goes. it also makes it easier that his wiki is right there and images to support you argument.

Any way Here's why I hate batman. Let me start by saying I DO RESPECT HIS ABILITIES

1) I can not stand the he never loses deal. he cheats. iron man would beat him. cap would beat him. superman should. hulk would. and if I was bane or joker or two face, I think I could beat him. the problem is his villains are too, for lack of a better word, pussy to kill him. they let him run around and wait and give him too much time to beat them

2) Bruce wayne is boring. when I read a batman comic I can not stand him being bruce wayne.

3) I hate the term fanboy, but I will say his supporters are the worst. and the annoying part is it isn't just comic fans. girls at my school would act like batman was jesus when the dark knight came out, even though they couldn't tell you who clark kent is.

batman is important to comics. but I don't many of his comics, I bought 21 and 22 to check out zero year, but im going to pass and batman annual and 23 on. It's not cuz he is over promoted, I like wolverine but don't buy his comics either, i get enough of him in all-new x-men and every other marvel comic.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:
    @kriminal said:

1) I can not stand the he never loses deal. he cheats. iron man would beat him. cap would beat him. superman should. hulk would. and if I was bane or joker or two face, I think I could beat him. the problem is his villains are too, for lack of a better word, pussy to kill him. they let him run around and wait and give him too much time to beat them

I call bullshit. He was a victim to his own arrogance in Court of Owls. He got beaten by Emperor Penguin recently. Its that he comes out on top sooner or later, because he is determined and driven enough to learn and get the better of his enemies. Thats his greatest weapon; his will.

Stop bringing in Iron Man or any other Marvel heroes. Batman could and should be able to make a powered suit like Stark, but thats taking away from his appeal as a character. The simple fact that Batman is one of the few humans who can remotely challenge people like Superman is a victory in itself; he finds ways to overcome odds against him.

okay. you got me that I don't read mad batman, but I have read some. I said I respect his abilities so him beating some people is understandable.

the dc universe is even worse. green lantern defends the whole galaxy, batman 1 city. manhunter is too powerful. there is no way he could hit flash. wonder woman has no kryptonite which was recently shown in justice league. khe will win most of the time because the writing but shouldn't. he could not handle a work load of superman's villains.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@kriminal said:

@jayc1324:

people hate on superior spider-man on the spider-man thread. if you put it on general discussion somebody crys "move it to the batman thread". the topic is batman, so that's where this goes. it also makes it easier that his wiki is right there and images to support you argument.

Any way Here's why I hate batman. Let me start by saying I DO RESPECT HIS ABILITIES

2) Bruce wayne is boring. when I read a batman comic I can not stand him being bruce wayne.

3) I hate the term fanboy, but I will say his supporters are the worst. and the annoying part is it isn't just comic fans. girls at my school would act like batman was jesus when the dark knight came out, even though they couldn't tell you who clark kent is.

batman is important to comics. but I don't many of his comics, I bought 21 and 22 to check out zero year, but im going to pass and batman annual and 23 on. It's not cuz he is over promoted, I like wolverine but don't buy his comics either, i get enough of him in all-new x-men and every other marvel comic.

I wanna meet these girls.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol at the clowns who let external things like annoying fanboys shape their opinions on things. Learn and read about a character instead of judging them because of fanboys. If you don't take the time to learn about a character before you judge them, you're just as stupid as fanboys.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:
    @kriminal said:

okay. you got me that I don't read mad batman, but I have read some. I said I respect his abilities so him beating some people is understandable.

the dc universe is even worse. green lantern defends the whole galaxy, batman 1 city. manhunter is too powerful. there is no way he could hit flash. wonder woman has no kryptonite which was recently shown in justice league. khe will win most of the time because the writing but shouldn't. he could not handle a work load of superman's villains.

A shared universe has its faults. Batman doesnt have the most powerful weapon in the universe. Define 'too powerful'. Wonder Woman might not have a rock that makes her weak, but she definitely has weaknesses that can be exploited; it was Johns stupid writing that made Batman useless when he didnt know how to do it. Are you saying Batman couldnt handle Supermans workload? Again, Batman doesnt bench press planets and move faster than light, so yeah, he cant. What was your point?

my point is he shouldn't be able to beat superman for those reasons. too powerful. as is to the extent where the power is far greater

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@kriminal: He wouldn't normally. But he does have a chance because Superman does have weaknesses that can be exploited. And exploiting weaknesses is a strong suit of Batman.

that's why that's one of my reasons for hating him. I don't like how that's basically a power for him to exploit weaknesses. I know he can beat superman due to that but I don't like that "power".

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@kriminal: How is it a power? Its something hes capable of doing. You dont want him to be able to exploit weaknesses? He does it all the time; with Superman, its going to be more difficult, but doable.

its like a power. regardless I don't find the way he does it interesting.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@kriminal: You dont like it cause the character you hate has a chance of taking out the character you love.

I don't like him cuz I never have. I went to all 3 movies, and ill say dark knight was an A and dkr was a b+. I watched the first beware the batman. I read the long Halloween, dark knight returns, killing joke among others. I bought batman 21 and 22 because zero year interested me, but didn't really care for it. I like superman because I like clark kent honestly. I don't like batman because I hate bruce wayne. Im not anti anything batman related because I don't like his character. im stoked he is in the next superman movie because it will make it more entertaining. I like nightwing. dick grayson was awesome as robin, though I hated Damien wayne. I read the comic for the person behind the mask. I think superman is vulnerable against certain opponents and don't think he should be unstoppable. I listed 3 reasons I didn't like batman but I have more. that batman always wins crap is retarded and always will be

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many people started to hate Batman, just because is the new fashion, the new mainstream.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Alexander505

Yes, indeed. However, I don't noticed the same thing for Spider-Man. Maybe Batman is an unusual character, or you love him or you hate him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kriminal: Seriously dude you don't know anything about Batman, Batman has lost more times than most DC heroes and Superman is the one who is almost unbeatable, not to mention whenever Batman and Superman face off Batman looses 90% of the time, anyways it okay to hate a character but you along with many others seem to hate him out of ignorance and that he is more popular than your favorite character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.