Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why I Hate Batman?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Eternal19

@Oni_Bane said:

People often ask me why I hate Batman. So I am here to tell you exactly why.

Batman is overrated, his fanboys up play him to be super human, when in reality he is a self-absorbed a$$! He doesn't kill his villains because of his moralcode, when in reality its not about you. Its for the good of the people. I read a thread in which his fanboys said that he would loses to Mr.Fantastic, come on, how could a man become so popular when even his back story makes no sense, how could he become a master of over a hundred different martial arts. From what I've gathered his parents died when he was about 8, if that is true, even it he started training right then he never would have been to master every martial art known to man.

I will posting more on the subject but I have to go. If any one else hates the Bat. Please state in this forum.

No Batman Fanboys allowed!!!!!!

Not every batman fanboy makes him seem invincible.

why would you only attack batman because of his moral code when there are a bunch of other heroes who dont kill either. Its not batman's job to be an executioner.

Did you really think that fanboys like me werent going to post on a hate thread in the batman forum.

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Hoenhime

batman is one of my favourite heroes but yeah even I think it's annoying how dc throws him into every arc possible. Ok yeah he is really strong and smart and knows 100 martial arts but how the hell do expect a mere human to fight along metahumans seriously dc just puts him in every team up because he's famous and one of dc best characters BUT STILL EVEN IF HES HUMAN HE SOMEHOW MANAGES TO BEAT JLA VILLANS AND HELL HE EVEN BEATS SUPERMAN THE MOST STRONGEST(and most overrated and stupid character)OF DC. And I seriously find that really annoying though I like the bat as a common city protecting vigelante that suites him.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By MethoKi

@Oni_Bane: I understand what you're sayin. I'm a huge Batman fan myself. The only thing is, I won't go as far as saying he can beat EVERYBODY, BUT, Batman , with prep and knowledge of who he is fighting, has a 7/10 chance of winning. Heck, maybe even 9/10. The people I think Batman can't beat even if he tried are people like: Mr. Manhattan, Galactus (I know he's from Marvel), Spectre (he probably could beat him, I have no clue). Eh, I can't think of other right now. I honestly think if Batman knew he was outmatched, he'd just plan for himself to die and still be able to beat the opponent, Like with Darkseid. Or he could even call Superman and others.

Also, although I'm a huge Batman fan like I said, I LOVE the way Bane broke his back. Bane knew coming to fight Batman at a random moment was extremely stupid so he blew up the walls of Blackgate (Stonegate) and Arkham and let all of the villains and crazy people out, just so Batman could go on a three month hunt for them all. and wait 'til the timing was right and BOOM! Breaks his back when he's tired.

Anywho, sorry for the long read, but yeah, Batman IS overpowered. But I still think he seriously can beat anyone if he tried, except the ones I named

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Vance Astro said:

Batman>>>>Your favorite superhero.
    LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By LoganX360

lol cool topic ., me i dont hate batman i just think its a dumb idea for an American comic book hero , dude is British ' his parents got gazilions of money by dumping toxic chemicals that dont make it thru marketing & villains are created in the process & come after them .

Batman has been rebooted so many times, dude original is a grunt brawler not a martial artists but as marvel was killing the top ten sales in action they rebooted bruce " wayne " of British gothic city into knowing " martial arts " lol. not only is he not super human , not even a flash accident enduring all the fighting , thats bull crap . Fuel off the batmobile would of killed him of cancer by then .

So when someone says i wanna be batman for Halloween i tell em , ur better off surviving a mutant massacre by dressing up as a morlock .

lol

Peace . :)

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#156  Edited By SynCig

I would like to start off by saying that I do like Batman quite a bit. There are a few things I don't like about him but my biggest gripe isn't with the character but with some of the fans. I know that it is probably a minority but I frequently see people bitching about Wolverine or Deadpool or whoever being overexposed. Batman, in my opinion, is very overexposed. It makes sense that he would be because he makes money like crazy and I don't blame anybody for putting him all over the place but I don't like to see or hear about any other character being overexposed and then people seem to ignore that fact about Batman. Now to the thing that I don't like about Batman comics. I don't like his massive supporting cast. I like Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. but Batman has always been a loner in my mind. My favorite bat story is The Dark Knight Returns and part of the reason is that he only has one "sidekick."

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By Stormbox

@LoganX360 said:

lol cool topic ., me i dont hate batman i just think its a dumb idea for an American comic book hero , dude is British ' his parents got gazilions of money by dumping toxic chemicals that dont make it thru marketing & villains are created in the process & come after them .

Batman has been rebooted so many times, dude original is a grunt brawler not a martial artists but as marvel was killing the top ten sales in action they rebooted bruce " wayne " of British gothic city into knowing " martial arts " lol. not only is he not super human , not even a flash accident enduring all the fighting , thats bull crap . Fuel off the batmobile would of killed him of cancer by then .

So when someone says i wanna be batman for Halloween i tell em , ur better off surviving a mutant massacre by dressing up as a morlock .

lol

Peace . :)

What the hell???

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Mediumguy

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@WaveMotionCannon
    @ratman19

batmans awesome, but i just dont like how writers and fanboys pumped him up to the point where he can beat every superhero in the dc universe. and how fanboys come annd say "OOH SUPERMANS GAY BATMAN CAN BEAT SUPERMAN WITH 5 MINS OF PREP"!!!

@SupBatz

As far as I'm concerned, Batman is the most interesting hero to read about. I find almost everything about him, his villains, his allies, and Gotham City to be incredibly fascinating.

That being said, while Batman is definately a formidable foe, it is going too far to say that he can easily beat any other hero or villain.

Now, despite the fact that there is a population of people who say "Batman can beat anyone! He's amazing! Everyone else sucks!", it's not really fair to hate Batman as a character because of that. I mean, there are tons of characters in comics who have a fanbase claiming that he or she is superior to all others and can easily kill anyone they come across.

And as far as Batman's mastery of martial arts being illogical goes, the OP speaks as if this is an uncommon occurrance. Several characters (in comics, movies, TV, literature etc) as spoken about as if they know 100s of different fighting styles. Illogical or not, they're characters of fiction. Batman exists in the same universe as a man who can telepathically control fish, a woman whose scream can kill a man, and an amazon princess with super strength. If we can respect that their abilities border on the fantastic then it's only fair to respect that one of Batman's greatest strengths is his mastery of hand-to-hand combat.

This. It's like liking a football team but hating the fans.
    Batman's supposed to be human, he's around 35 ,it's impossible for him to know let alone have MASTERED 100+ styles. It's an insult to a fans intelligence and pure fanwanking by the writers. They should just come out and say he learned them like Neo in the Matrix or something, I could believe that. A man as driven as Bruce is wouldn't have a problem using technology to augment his ability to fight crime.

Dude it's a comic, give them some slack.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@Mediumguy said:

Dude it's a comic, give them some slack.

:> !

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By BlackWind

While I find him overrated, I don't hate Batman. I hate Batgod, who looks good and makes other heroes look inept and worthless.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#161  Edited By tomlikesfries

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Eternal19

Oni_Bane just hates DC charecters in general. I see no more point in commenting on this thread

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#163  Edited By Red_Jack

I dunno why everyone seems to focus on Batman himself.

I like Batman mainly because of the style of comics that come wit him. In fact, I'm mostly ignorant to the rest of the DC world and I loathe reading the comics of Batman in the JLA comics because it's trying to adjust him to be on par with all these ridiculously overpowered god like people.

To be honest, I loathe the JLA comics... what a clusterf**k those stories are.

What makes Batman mostly likeable is the kind of storytelling that comes with him. The stories are very clever detective crime thrillers. A lot of his earlier comics were great and didn't even need one of his colourful rogues. Like the story where Batman needs to find out why a lot of elderly people are being killed with long range weaponry (like a rifle).

It's the whole pretend universe of Gotham City that makes everything so compelling. The GCPD even get their own comic line.

As I put earlier on in the thread, the things I don't like in Batman are usually the 2 dimensional goons that willingly follow a psychopathic murderer around calling him/her "Baw-ass".

Another thing I loathe to see in Batman (which may happen in other comics) is when a character gets killed off, only for another of the same name to take over. It works once or twice but then it becomes really lame.

Scarface, Azrael, Black Mask, Tally Man, Blockbuster and Film Freak were all killed off and then replaced. They each have a different plausible reason for their replacement, but it becomes kinda stupid after a while.

Those are my only problems with the Batman comics really.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@Red_Jack said:

What makes Batman mostly likeable is the kind of storytelling that comes with him. The stories are very clever detective crime thrillers. A lot of his earlier comics were great and didn't even need one of his colourful rogues.

truth much!

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#165  Edited By x_29

Now that you have been mocked by the vine community, you have my permission to die.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#166  Edited By batkevin74

@Oni_Bane: You're allowed to hate Batman, just like I'm allowed to like him. Most comic book superheroes make no sense when you think about. Batman is ACHIEVABLE for normal people with 1) enough money 2) mental issues and 3) no social life. Nobody can be Superman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By RustyRoy

some people don't have any particular reason to hate anything,they just want to hate it. i've seen many people dislike batman even if they never read or watched anything about him. and then some people hate him because some of his paranoid fanboys'. you can hate him for any reasons,i don't care but just don't hate him because of his fans.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

You don't understand do you?...who cares you hate him or not? as long as he serves as the symbol of human Perfection...nobody cares.

He is a comic book character, not your role model...what did you expect then? a character based on reality?.

All I can say is that from logic point of view, if the moral code is off for Batman, he would have killed all villains he ever encounter...then he will runs out of villains. .If moral is off for Batman...Joker's dead, 2 face is dead, Penguin is dead 2....Writers will run out of ideas

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Dude, you should have known this thread would just end up with you getting trolled on.

With that being said, I like Batman, I just don't like his idiotic fanboys.

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Truer words could not have been said.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Mediumguy

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Most fanboys I can't stand, but the comics themselves? They're basically "I'm a human in a costume, now watch me be awesome."

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Mediumguy said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Most fanboys I can't stand, but the comics themselves? They're basically "I'm a human in a costume, now watch me be awesome."

That's what I enjoy about Batman. He is a normal human being that has no super powers. He must rely solely on his intellect, fighting skills, and the physical shape he is in. He has to work constantly so stay in great shape, and always keep his fighting skills sharp. It's really interesting to have such a famous 'normal' human being super hero to read about. And it is also great to see what Batman gets to do during all of his shenanigans with the Justice League (which is made up of people with super powers, except for Batman).

So do you dislike Punisher? Or any other super hero that has no powers?

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Mediumguy

@BiteMe-Fanboy: What you got that out of my post? Hell no I love Batman, punisher as well. Maybe i need to change my wording

TwoGunGunnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By TwoGunGunnar

@Oni_Bane said:

Batman is overrated, his fanboys up play him to be super human, when in reality he is a self-absorbed a$$! He doesn't kill his villains because of his moralcode, when in reality its not about you. Its for the good of the people. I read a thread in which his fanboys said that he would loses to Mr.Fantastic, come on, how could a man become so popular when even his back story makes no sense, how could he become a master of over a hundred different martial arts. From what I've gathered his parents died when he was about 8, if that is true, even it he started training right then he never would have been to master every martial art known to man.

I will posting more on the subject but I have to go. If any one else hates the Bat. Please state in this forum.

A topic after my own heart. I hate Batman for all of the same reasons aaaaaand:

1. He is, bar none, the most unrealistic character of all time. I know, it's comics. I know, they're all unrealistic. I get that. And I know what some people will say. "How can you say he's more unrealistic than a guy who can lift planets or fly through space on a magic surfboard?" Here's how:

I can suspend disbelief when it comes to super-powers, it's not hard. Gamma bomb turned a normal guy into a giant green anger-monster? Ok. That's why he's a giant green anger monster. All I'm being asked to believe is that there's a magic gamma bomb that can turn a guy into a monster. Easy.

But with Batman, I'm asked to believe that a normal human is capable of masteringhundreds of martial arts along with mastering chemistry, forensics, sleight of hand, criminal psychology, computer science, escape artistry, sleuthing, stealth, combative tactics & strategy, acrobatics, multiple languages, piloting, stunt driving, lock picking, rappelling, mechanics, seduction, camouflage, acting, disguise, cryptography, explosives, skydiving, corporate management, finance, & he can probably shred the guitar better than Steve Vai & Eddie Van Halen combined.

This is impossible. I don't need to explain why. The regular explanation, "Batman has a photographic memory and he trains a lot!", doesn't cut it. No human, regardless of how much $ or how photographic their memory is, can be as good at as many things as we're supposed to believe Batman is.

It's more difficult to believe than radioactive spider bites causing spider-powers. More difficult to believe than any other thing any other comic character can do - to the point it just makes Batman hateful.

2. He's got nothing to do with bats. Why is he called Batman? Spider-Man has spider-powers so he's Spider-Man. The Silver Surfer is silver....and he surfs on a surfboard. The Flash is fast. Captain America is a captain and punched Hitler for America. Wolverine is short, hairy, and has claws, etc. etc.

But Batman? What bat-things can he do? Fly? No. Echolocation? No. Suck blood? No.

He saw a bat, thought dressing up like one would be scary, so he's Batman. I guess he has a cave, and bats live in caves, but why isn't he Bearman? Bears are scarier than bats, and they live in caves.

What does Batman actually do, though? What's his schtick? His schtick is fighting crime using his detective skills and gadgetry. His schtick has nothing to do with bats. At all.

He should be called Inspector Gadget. That would actually make sense.

3. He's supposed to be totally ruthless, pragmatic, no-nonsesne and all-business, but he's totally not.

Over on CBUB a Batman fanboy said, "Batman cheats to win. Batman CHEATS to win. He has no qualms about re-writing a man's nervous system to mirror Dr. Stephen Hawking and then knocking him out." Um....except he refuses to use the most effective and efficient weapon ever devised for non-super-powered humans - the gun.

Other superhumans have a perfectly good reason not to use guns - they have super powers that are more powerful than guns.

But Batman doesn't have superpowers. He's supposed to be a human. Why doesn't he use guns? Because his parents were shot with one? That wouldn't stop a pragmatist with emotional fortitude on a vendetta. But it stops Batman.

Batman was a neat character about 70 years ago. Then DC decided to take him out of his own universe and plop him in with Superman & other super-people. Then he went from being a cool, pulpy, two-fisted crime-fighting masked detective to The Smartest Toughest Most Skilled In The World At Every Skill Ever In The World just so he wouldn't look completely useless next to everyone who surrounded him. And that is when he became nerve-gratingly hateful and lame.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Mediumguy

@TwoGunGunnar said:

@Oni_Bane said:

1. He is, bar none, the most unrealistic character of all time. I know, it's comics. I know, they're all unrealistic. I get that. And I know what some people will say. "How can you say he's more unrealistic than a guy who can lift planets or fly through space on a magic surfboard?" Here's how:

I can suspend disbelief when it comes to super-powers, it's not hard. Gamma bomb turned a normal guy into a giant green anger-monster? Ok. That's why he's a giant green anger monster. All I'm being asked to believe is that there's a magic gamma bomb that can turn a guy into a monster. Easy.

But with Batman, I'm asked to believe that a normal human is capable of masteringhundreds of martial arts along with mastering chemistry, forensics, sleight of hand, criminal psychology, computer science, escape artistry, sleuthing, stealth, combative tactics & strategy, acrobatics, multiple languages, piloting, stunt driving, lock picking, rappelling, mechanics, seduction, camouflage, acting, disguise, cryptography, explosives, skydiving, corporate management, finance, & he can probably shred the guitar better than Steve Vai & Eddie Van Halen combined.

This is impossible. I don't need to explain why. The regular explanation, "Batman has a photographic memory and he trains a lot!", doesn't cut it. No human, regardless of how much $ or how photographic their memory is, can be as good at as many things as we're supposed to believe Batman is.

It's more difficult to believe than radioactive spider bites causing spider-powers. More difficult to believe than any other thing any other comic character can do - to the point it just makes Batman hateful.

2. He's got nothing to do with bats. Why is he called Batman? Spider-Man has spider-powers so he's Spider-Man. The Silver Surfer is silver....and he surfs on a surfboard. The Flash is fast. Captain America is a captain and punched Hitler for America. Wolverine is short, hairy, and has claws, etc. etc.

But Batman? What bat-things can he do? Fly? No. Echolocation? No. Suck blood? No.

He saw a bat, thought dressing up like one would be scary, so he's Batman. I guess he has a cave, and bats live in caves, but why isn't he Bearman? Bears are scarier than bats, and they live in caves.

What does Batman actually do, though? What's his schtick? His schtick is fighting crime using his detective skills and gadgetry. His schtick has nothing to do with bats. At all.

3. He's supposed to be totally ruthless, pragmatic, no-nonsesne and all-business, but he's totally not.

Over on CBUB a Batman fanboy said, "Batman cheats to win. Batman CHEATS to win. He has no qualms about re-writing a man's nervous system to mirror Dr. Stephen Hawking and then knocking him out." Um....except he refuses to use the most effective and efficient weapon ever devised for non-super-powered humans - the gun.

Other superhumans have a perfectly good reason not to use guns - they have super powers that are more powerful than guns.

But Batman doesn't have superpowers. He's supposed to be a human. Why doesn't he use guns? Because his parents were shot with one? That wouldn't stop a pragmatist with emotional fortitude on a vendetta. But it stops Batman.

Batman was a neat character about 70 years ago. Then DC decided to take him out of his own universe and plop him in with Superman & other super-people. Then he went from being a cool, pulpy, two-fisted crime-fighting masked detective to The Smartest Toughest Most Skilled In The World At Every Skill Ever In The World just so he wouldn't look completely useless next to everyone who surrounded him. And that is when he became nerve-gratingly hateful and lame.

Of course no human can learn all that stuff but it's a comic book character, reality does not ensue.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#176  Edited By TerryBogard2014

out side the overused line "because hes batman" and speech about his will power.which would make even hal jordan vomit.I have no particular reason to hate batman.I mean i hate namor because he just loves banging other dudes chicks.seriously.why reed and scott haven't joined forces to chop off his junk is mind boggling to me but not the topic.its not a crime to not be interested in the dark tone of his books.I normally prefer lighter stuff but the psychology that goes on in him and his rouge gallery.entire city really is rather interesting to me.so yeah pretty much

disinterest in a character because of over the top fan love- Understandable

hating a character because his feats in a Comic BOOK seem un realistic - Kinda weaksauce

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#177  Edited By BatWatch

@TwoGunGunnar: Nice rant, Two-Gun. Seriously. I especially liked the bit about Bear-Man and the idea that Batman will fry someones brain but not shoot them.

I enjoy Batman, obviously, but if somebody wants to hate them, that is their prerogative.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Stormbox

Why do people keep bumping this thread?!!?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#179  Edited By Pyrogram

I agree

Gammbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Gammbitt

Websters defines a hater as a fan in denial :)

TwoGunGunnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By TwoGunGunnar

1. Why do people open up a thread and post on it only to say they're not interested in it, it's not worth discussing, & it's a waste of time? Do these people not see the irony, or is that what they're going for?

2. "How can you hate a comic book character for being unrealistic?"

I knew people were going to say that, but I guess they didn't read where I addressed it, so I'll do it again.

If Superman's strength was explained because he "trains a lot", would you buy it? "Of course it's impossible to get strong enough to lift a billion tons with weight-training, but it's a comic book!" Would anyone say that? Probably, but we don't need to because we have a reason why Supes can lift a billion tons - because he's from Krypton. Is it a realistic reason? No, but Siegel & Schuster knew that explaining Superman's powers needed some kind of explanation. Just saying "He trains a lot!" doesn't cut it. "Superman's bulletproof because he built up an immunity to bullets over time. He started by having small rocks thrown at him and worked his way up from there!". That sort of craziness works in Looney Toons cartoons, but that's a whole different thing altogether - it's not an explanation, it's just funny impossible insanity.

A fantastic explanation for fantastic abilities is what makes a comic book a comic book, not "no explanation whatsoever", which is what we have with Batman.

Being asked to suspend your disbelief and buy that a character is The Best In The World At Every Skill Ever Of All Time because he practices a lot goes way beyond comic book "Fantastic explanations for fantastic powers"-unrealism into the realm of Looney Toons Insanity.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Eternal19

@TwoGunGunnar said:

1. Why do people open up a thread and post on it only to say they're not interested in it, it's not worth discussing, & it's a waste of time? Do these people not see the irony, or is that what they're going for?

I knew people were going to say that, but I guess they didn't read where I addressed it, so I'll do it again.

If Superman's strength was explained because he "trains a lot", would you buy it? "Of course it's impossible to get strong enough to lift a billion tons with weight-training, but it's a comic book!" Would anyone say that? Probably, but we don't need to because we have a reason why Supes can lift a billion tons - because he's from Krypton. Is it a realistic reason? No, but Siegel & Schuster knew that explaining Superman's powers needed some kind of explanation. Just saying "He trains a lot!" doesn't cut it. "Superman's bulletproof because he built up an immunity to bullets over time. He started by having small rocks thrown at him and worked his way up from there!". That sort of craziness works in Looney Toons cartoons, but that's a whole different thing altogether - it's not an explanation, it's just funny impossible insanity.

A fantastic explanation for fantastic abilities is what makes a comic book a comic book, not "no explanation whatsoever", which is what we have with Batman.

Being asked to suspend your disbelief and buy that a character is The Best In The World At Every Skill Ever Of All Time because he practices a lot goes way beyond comic book "Fantastic explanations for fantastic powers"-unrealism into the realm of Looney Toons Insanity.

based on this im guessing you dont read very many comics

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#183  Edited By gotwillpower

@TwoGunGunnar said:

Which Batman comics are you reading?

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Oni_Bane

@TwoGunGunnar said:

@Oni_Bane said:

I like you. lol. Bane breaking Batman was and still is one of my favorite moments in all of comic book history. Bane shall forever have a place in my heart because his name is Bane and he BREAKS PEOPLE!!!

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Oni_Bane

@AveryIsSoAwesome said:

Well if you don't have favorite superhero, then you're pretty much saying this about EVERY superhero. The only reason people, including myself, say that Batman is the best, is because he was made that way, he was created as the best, able to beat ANYONE he faces. He's the world's greatest detective! Its nice to have a superhero from Earth who wasn't bitten or zapped and just got super powers for a change.

I like Captain America, Black Panther, a couple of others though none of them are my favorites. I have read some new 52 Batman and he isn't that bad now, after they revamp him he is a little more tolerable.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By gotwillpower

@Oni_Bane said:

@AveryIsSoAwesome said:

Well if you don't have favorite superhero, then you're pretty much saying this about EVERY superhero. The only reason people, including myself, say that Batman is the best, is because he was made that way, he was created as the best, able to beat ANYONE he faces. He's the world's greatest detective! Its nice to have a superhero from Earth who wasn't bitten or zapped and just got super powers for a change.

I like Captain America, Black Panther, a couple of others though none of them are my favorites. I have read some new 52 Batman and he isn't that bad now, after they revamp him he is a little more tolerable.

Tolerable? There's nothing to tolerate! It's just a great story about a great character.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Oni_Bane

I am allow to have my own opinion.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By gotwillpower

@Oni_Bane: What I meant to say is which specific aspects of Batman comics do you dislike? Both pre- and post-New 52.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#189  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Oni_Bane:

his fanboys up play him to be super human

So then do you loathe all characters who have a misinformed fanboy community? Bane has quite a few. Do you like him less because of that? The opinions of fans shouldn't impact your feelings towards a fictional character. The fictional character should impact how you feel about them.

when in reality he is a self-absorbed a$$! He doesn't kill his villains because of his moralcode, when in reality its not about you. Its for the good of the people.

If you dislike a character because they don't want to kill villains, then odds are you're going to dislike a lot of characters. Disagreeing with their personal rules doesn't make them self-absorbed at all.

I read a thread in which his fanboys said that he would loses to Mr.Fantastic, come on, how could a man become so popular when even his back story makes no sense, how could he become a master of over a hundred different martial arts. From what I've gathered his parents died when he was about 8, if that is true, even it he started training right then he never would have been to master every martial art known to man.

In a world with mutated creatures, aliens bench pressing the weight of planets and much, much more, finding a street level character that's ridiculously well trained is by no means out of the ordinary. There's dozens upon dozens of them in Marvel & DC and Batman just happens to be among the top tier of them. Considering his wealth, intellect and physical capabilities, that's not an issue that'll keep me up at night,.

You don't like Batman? That's perfectly fine, no one is forcing you like any characters. I just think the reasons you provided aren't exactly good ones or exclusive to Batman.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By CalebHara

@k4tzm4n said:

@Oni_Bane:

his fanboys up play him to be super human

So then do you loathe all characters who have a misinformed fanboy community? Bane has quite a few. Do you like him less because of that? The opinions of fans shouldn't impact your feelings towards a fictional character. The fictional character should impact how you feel about them.

when in reality he is a self-absorbed a$$! He doesn't kill his villains because of his moralcode, when in reality its not about you. Its for the good of the people.

If you dislike a character because they don't want to kill villains, then odds are you're going to dislike a lot of characters. Disagreeing with their personal rules doesn't make them self-absorbed at all.

I read a thread in which his fanboys said that he would loses to Mr.Fantastic, come on, how could a man become so popular when even his back story makes no sense, how could he become a master of over a hundred different martial arts. From what I've gathered his parents died when he was about 8, if that is true, even it he started training right then he never would have been to master every martial art known to man.

In a world with mutated creatures, aliens bench pressing the weight of planets and much, much more, finding a street level character that's ridiculously well trained is by no means out of the ordinary. There's dozens upon dozens of them in Marvel & DC and Batman just happens to be among the top tier of them. Considering his wealth, intellect and physical capabilities, that's not an issue that'll keep me up at night,.

You don't like Batman? That's perfectly fine, no one is forcing you like any characters. I just think the reasons you provided aren't exactly good ones or exclusive to Batman.

This

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Oni_Bane

@gotwillpower said:

@Oni_Bane: What I meant to say is which specific aspects of Batman comics do you dislike? Both pre- and post-New 52.

Lets just say that I like Batman alot more in Gotham then with the Justice League.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By gotwillpower

@Oni_Bane said:

@gotwillpower said:

Lets just say that I like Batman alot more in Gotham then with the Justice League.

I can completely understand that. If there's anything I dislike about Batman, it would probably be that he's on the Justice League. However, I haven't read a lot of any Justice League comics, so I can't really say anything.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Stormbox

@gotwillpower said:

@Oni_Bane said:

@gotwillpower said:

I can completely understand that. If there's anything I dislike about Batman, it would probably be that he's on the Justice League. However, I haven't read a lot of any Justice League comics, so I can't really say anything.

I think he means that batman is kind of overpowered when he's on the league like the time he took out three white martians at the same time

I personally dont really have a problem with this but i can see why many people (including various batman fans) dont like it

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By gotwillpower

@Stormbox: That's why I don't think he should be on the team. Writers end up doing stuff like that because they have to justify his position, and it doesn't showcase his better aspects (detective mindset and willpower especially).

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Stormbox

@gotwillpower: Even though i like the example above, i have to agree with you especially when they overuse this kind of stuff

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Oni_Bane

@Stormbox said:

@gotwillpower said:

@Oni_Bane said:

@gotwillpower said:

I think he means that batman is kind of overpowered when he's on the league like the time he took out three white martians at the same time

I personally dont really have a problem with this but i can see why many people (including various batman fans) dont like it

Exactly, I mean if your going to do crap like that just give him powers and be done with it.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#198  Edited By Veshark

@oni_bane

How is that ridiculous? Batman deducted that the enemies were White Martians - knowing that J'onn had a weakness to fire, so he simply lured them into a trap and surrounded them in a ring of flame. J'onn himself basically melted into a puddle of goo when he was set on fire - and White Martians aren't any different. It's not a 'superhuman feat' - it's a hallmark of every nonpowered hero out there, using intelligence to outwit stronger opponents.

While there are exceptions, for the most part, Batman has been fairly portrayed in the League (especially Morrison's run). He's not superhuman and relies more on his intelligence and skills than pure strength - and showing why he does deserve a place in the League, and why he deserves to stand alongside people like Superman or Diana. He's the brains of the League.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you hate his fans? It's like hating a queen ant because she has so many ants working for her. Now if the queen ant were a jerk then there you go, you can hate her.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane No logical disrespect thread without pics, explanations of pics, and counters - no true.

Btw, since we're making up rules - everyone who wants to post in this thread needs to be in their underwear before they hit "post reply."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.