Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why are there so few Batman vs Deathstroke fights in the comics ??

• 71 results
    Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterDetective

The only instance I can think of is this scene (and I don't even know where it comes from):

No Caption Provided

I know they have been facing each other in cartoons and games, but very very rarely in comics

why is that ? are the writers lazy? afraid? they know damn well everone wants to see more Batman vs Slade fights

why don't they make it happen ?

onyxwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a great question. For the artwork you posted, my guess is that the artwork is by Jim Aparo, thus causing me to think this is from the Batman title book, sometime around the late 1980s-early 1990s, possibly during the "A Lonely Place of Dying" storyline since it involved the Teen Titans.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writers probably don't view Deathstroke as a Batman villain, which he isn't.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@masterdetective: I think he is originaly a Teen Titan' enemy. Then he's encountered the Justice League a few times, that is where et faught against Batman the most. He was for a bit a Green Arrow vilain as wel.

In my opinion Batman has already many enemies. I don't know why but I don't see him as a Gotham vilain. He is not crazy like all of Batman's regulars.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Batfans would get mad everytime he wins.

In Deathstroke Rebirth they'll cross paths again and apparently they're swapping sidekicks. Or at least Slade kidnaps Damian. Wonder why Rose is hanging out with Batman though.

Tbh, I know my opinion is unpopular, by I like Deathstroke better than Batman. IMO he's Bats' true dark mirror. While Bruce struggles with not killing some his villains, the Joker in particular, I feel that Slade is constantly flirting with redemption. Obviously I don't want him ever white-knighting it, but I do like when he's playing the knight in sour armor.

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because if they stay true to the characters Batman isn't remotely a match for Deathstroke? It wouldn't be a very interesting fight if one person just roflstomps every time.

Avatar image for batofgotham2000
    batofgotham2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Batfans would get mad everytime he wins.

Nah but it's literally bullsh*t why he wins though. They act as if DS' healing factor is like the most op thing in DC Universe when Batman's beaten people with kick-ass durability that is much much better than Deathstrokes' using strictly skill and strength. And I'm talking about Bane, and definitely Killer Croc. Batman - excuse me - BRUCE WAYNE kicked Killer Croc across a room.... are you kidding? And they claim "Oh, Batman's refute to kill holds him back a bunch". That's not even the case. Just because Batman doesn't kill doesn't mean he plays kiddy games with people. He could NOT care less of what happens to his foes, as long as their not dead. He could break every bone in their bodies, throw them down a stair case and leap from the top step and drop on top of their chest. If they're not dead he does not care. He could slam someones head THROUGH a wall or pick up someone and drop so that their back cracks on a pole. So his refute to kill doesn't even matter that much. And since DS has good durability, Batman would have a swell time fighting without his normal "restrictions"(I don't even call'em restrictions) and fighting him past normal-human limits cause all that means is DS can take more damage which just means more fun for Batman.

DS isn't as skilled(by a longshot) and is too ill-equipped compared to Batman. Batman masters things DS doesn't and that is what could make DS lose the fight. Batman is a Master of stealth and deception, that, combined with mastering each and every martial art in existence and combining those martial arts to create a truly unique style of fighting is something that should end Deathstroke ALONE. Despite his healing factor and all.

Tbh, I know my opinion is unpopular, by I like Deathstroke better than Batman. IMO he's Bats' true dark mirror. While Bruce struggles with not killing some his villains, the Joker in particular, I feel that Slade is constantly flirting with redemption. Obviously I don't want him ever white-knighting it, but I do like when he's playing the knight in sour armor.

Your opinion is fine. Unpopular opinions are usually the opinions that matter most. Unless of course you do it just for the sake of being controversial. xD

GokuSSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: People always talk as if Slade is as skilled (or very close) to Batman. Do you have some exemples of Batman being much more skilled than Slade? Just want to know, I didn't really read a lot about Slade.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writers probably don't view Deathstroke as a Batman villain, which he isn't.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThePreface

@batmanplusjay: World's Greatest Detective vs World's Greatest Assassin.

The reason Slade is a challenge for Batman is because they both have the same amount of training and experience.

Yeah Croc is a beast, but a mindless one. When Bruce and Slade face off in combat it might as well be a championship chess match. That's why he poses a threat to Batman like no one else.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokussb said:

@batmanplusjay: People always talk as if Slade is as skilled (or very close) to Batman. Do you have some exemples of Batman being much more skilled than Slade? Just want to know, I didn't really read a lot about Slade.

In fight they are equal, but if you compare Detective skills or Chemistry skills they sure are not.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: World's Greatest Detective vs World's Greatest Assassin.

The reason Slade is a challenge for Batman is because they both have the same amount of training and experience.

Yeah Croc is a beast, but a mindless one. When Bruce and Slade face off in combat it might as well be a championship chess match. That's why he poses a threat to Batman like no one else.

I actually agree with this and I'm so glad Deathstroke exists so that he could rival Batman. It's a fight that doesn't have a sure winner, a fight that is evenly divided 50/50. But I was just trying to say the reasons for why DS won made no sense.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@gokussb said:

Well, here's a look at it. Batman's mastered every martial art in existence, and he combined those martial arts to create a new unique, dangerous, and unpredictable fighting style. If you don't know, Batman had a mentore by the name of David Cain:

No Caption Provided

And Batman defeated David Cain so easily it wasn't even funny. Now unless Deathstroke Mastered every form of martial arts like Batman and created his own unique fighting style, I think on the skill meter, from 1 - 20, Batman's 20/20 and DS is like 10/20(I've head DS only mastered like 12 martial arts). Batman should be able to put DS down using pure skill.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enzo991

I agree that Deathstroke is pretty underutilized as a Batman character. While strictly speaking he's not a Batman villain, he still fits so much in the Batman universe. Hell even though he's not a direct villain of Batman, he's still Nightwing's nemesis, which is pretty close if you ask me. This of course disregarding the fact that Deathstroke is pretty much a villain counterpart for Batman, complete with an Alfred expy, so Deathstroke opposing Batman definitely makes a lot of sense.

I also agree that saying Deathstroke outclasses Batman is complete bull****. I haven't been keeping up with Deathstroke over the years, but from the way people talk about him on this site, you'd think he's an unstoppable immortal death machine, but who am I trying to convince ? These are probably the same people who think Captain America outclasses Batman, because his peak-human status was achieved through a serum instead of training like Batman, so Cap obviously stomps him with both hands tied behind his back >_>

Slade is a Captain America knock-off with a low level healing factor, which is nothing that Batman hadn't faced or defeated already. Slade is an exceptional soldier and a strategist, which again further draws the parallels between him and Batman. So in a fight, it could go both ways in my opinion. A fight between the two should be one of the best close quarters clashes in the DC universe, and I wouldn't mind seeing the two interact more. They're apparently doing just that in Rebirth. Here's hoping Batman can keep Rose, while Damian gets a bullet in his head after pissing off Deathstroke one too many times.

I like to point out that I can think of at least two more fights they had in the comics. There was the recent one a couple of years ago in Deathstroke #5, which ended in tie (but I think the fight was going in Batman's favor if I remember correctly). The other one I think was in Batman #710. In that issue, Slade came to assassinate someone, but Batman stopped him. During their first skirmish, Deathstroke won but had to retreat. During the second fight Batman managed to win, and he even had to use Deathstroke's own Sniper Rifle to save the life of Slade's target, and successfully took a shot that Deathstroke himself said was impossible to do. However, Deathstroke ended up escaping.

The point is, saying that Deathstroke has nothing to do with Batman doesn't make any sense, considering he was conceived as villainous counterpart to Batman. The two share a lot in common, so a story featuring the two should be very interesting.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The less fights make em that more sweeter when they happen.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

I agree that Deathstroke is pretty underutilized as a Batman character. While strictly speaking he's not a Batman villain, he still fits so much in the Batman universe. Hell even though he's not a direct villain of Batman, he's still Nightwing's nemesis, which is pretty close if you ask me. This of course disregarding the fact that Deathstroke is pretty much a villain counterpart for Batman, complete with an Alfred expy, so Deathstroke opposing Batman definitely makes a lot of sense.

I also agree that saying Deathstroke outclasses Batman is complete bull****. I haven't been keeping up with Deathstroke over the years, but from the way people talk about him on this site, you'd think he's an unstoppable immortal death machine, but who am I trying to convince ? These are probably the same people who think Captain America outclasses Batman, because his peak-human status was achieved through a serum instead of training like Batman, so Cap obviously stomps him with both hands tied behind his back >_>

Slade is a Captain America knock-off with a low level healing factor, which is nothing that Batman hadn't faced or defeated already. Slade is an exceptional soldier and a strategist, which again further draws the parallels between him and Batman. So in a fight, it could go both ways in my opinion. A fight between the two should be one of the best close quarters clashes in the DC universe, and I wouldn't mind seeing the two interact more. They're apparently doing just that in Rebirth. Here's hoping Batman can keep Rose, while Damian gets a bullet in his head after pissing off Deathstroke one too many times.

I like to point out that I can think of at least two more fights they had in the comics. There was the recent one a couple of years ago in Deathstroke #5, which ended in tie (but I think the fight was going in Batman's favor if I remember correctly). The other one I think was in Batman #710. In that issue, Slade came to assassinate someone, but Batman stopped him. During their first skirmish, Deathstroke won but had to retreat. During the second fight Batman managed to win, and he even had to use Deathstroke's own Sniper Rifle to save the life of Slade's target, and successfully took a shot that Deathstroke himself said was impossible to do. However, Deathstroke ended up escaping.

The point is, saying that Deathstroke has nothing to do with Batman doesn't make any sense, considering he was conceived as villainous counterpart to Batman. The two share a lot in common, so a story featuring the two should be very interesting.

Deathstroke was never created to match Batman. It just happens they have so many things in common. Honnestly a story featuring both would be good, but I don't see him as a recuring vilain.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

Deathstroke was never created to match Batman. It just happens they have so many things in common. Honnestly a story featuring both would be good, but I don't see him as a recuring vilain.

I don't know what you exactly mean by "match", but there are too many similarities and parallels between Batman and Deathstroke for it to be a coincidence. Also, this is not just me making an observation, the similarity has been pointed out before, although I couldn't find a quote from a writer. Personally, I think the similarities were intentional, since Slade is Nightwing's nemesis, and the idea was probably to have Nightwing face against an evil version of his mentor.

I agree that I wouldn't want to have Deathstroke as a recurring Batman villain, but his MO and background just fits Gotham like a glove, so much that it's hard to ignore. Still, having Deathstroke clashing with Batman every once in a while could be entertaining.

Also, while searching for background info on Deathstroke, I noticed that he made A LOT of appearencs in Batman related media over the last few years (Beware the Batman, Arkham Origins, Son of Batman), so it seems DC is already aware of the potential of Deathstroke coming into conflict with Batman, so I think we'll see more of him in Batman related books in the future.

MyNameIsChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MyNameIsChaos

Deathstroke beat up Batman in the first year of his first solo title. I wanna say early 90's. I don't think the Bat editors cared for it since a few months later they had Batman beat up Deathstroke in Batman or Detective I don't remember the specific title.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

Slade is afaik above peak human. Even if thats often ignored.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good rivarly, neither side has to get butt hurt. I'm glad that it doesn't happen a lot, because when it does it's something special.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you guys got it backwards. Deathstroke isn't a Batman villain. Batman is a Deathstroke "villain".

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

Deathstroke wasn't concieved as a villanous counterpart to Batman though. The Captain America parallel makes far more sense, since a lot of the elements to his character that are common now didn't show up in his first appearance.

Also, Slade outclasses Bruce in some areas, Bruce outclasses him in some areas, which is what allows both to fight each other and not be instantly stomped. Same applies to Batman vs Captain America.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Enzo991

@aahz said:

Often ignored ? You sure XD Wasn't Slade the guy who defeated the entire Justice League, which included spotting the Atom while he was atom-size and knocking him out with a laser pointer, somehow tricking Flash into impaling himself on Slade's sword, and using his own Willpower to somehow override GL's ring ? That Slade ? Because as far as I'm concerned, he seems to pull off stunts that are way beyond his capabilities most of the time.

Also, Slade outclasses Bruce in some areas, Bruce outclasses him in some areas, which is what allows both to fight each other and not be instantly stomped. Same applies to Batman vs Captain America.

I can concede that. Not really sure about Cap though, as he has nothing Superhuman about him really. Slade however does have a couple of things going on for him that could give him the edge, like "enhanced" stamina and pain resistance.

Speaking generally however, I consider the three (Batman, Cap, and Slade) to be in the same "League" so to speak. They're very similar to each other in many points. Many people however seem to believe that Cap just purely outclasses Batman for some reason, and Slade being apparently godlike, which just baffles me.

Finally, I remain convinced that Deathstroke was conceived, at least partially, as a counterpart to Batman. Yeah, he does share his Military and Superhuman Soldier Serum background with Cap, but he also shares the whole Tactile genius aspect with Batman, with a very suspicious Alfred lookalike by his side. That seems too much to be a coincidence in my opinion.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 Captain America and Deathstroke have the same basic attributes, with there then being standouts for each, such as Slade's healing factor being more powerful and Cap's use of a signature weapon in his shield.

Deathstroke shares far more in common with Captain America than he does with Batman, specifically at the time of his creation. I wouldn't even say being a master of tactics is a Batman thing, because Cap has that too.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: I don't remember Cap being anything beyond peak human condition when it comes to strength, speed, and agility. Not much of a unique powerset to share I think. Slade's super soldier experiment seemed to grant him some enhanced abilities however. That's why I don't find the two THAT similar power-wise. I mean I think they're no more similar than Batman is similar to Cap, with both being "peak" human condition. That's why I said the similarities between Cap and Slade are superficial to a degree. I don't deny that Slade was clearly inspired by Cap in some aspect, I just don't see it as being overt as you seem to think.

Come on you know what I mean. Slade's whole shtick with planning and executing tactical maneuvers, and taking down superhuman opponents regularly is what makes Slade's "tactical genius" more comparable to Batman's than Cap's. Yeah Cap has a brilliant mind for planning, but it's never been showcased in the same way as Batman or Slade. It's a "different" brand if genius if you want to call it that.

I do agree however, that Slade, especially in his first appearances, did have a lot of superficial similarities to Cap, especially in the custom and background. However, I think he shares as much similarities with Batman, the way he operates and having an Alfred lookalike as a butler, are clearly inspired by Batman. Now that I think about it, Slade is essentially a fusion between Cap and Batman. It's as if DC thought "What if Batman was a Super Soldier instead of a billionaire orphan".

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

@aahz said:

Often ignored ? You sure XD Wasn't Slade the guy who defeated the entire Justice League, which included spotting the Atom while he was atom-size and knocking him out with a laser pointer, somehow tricking Flash into impaling himself on Slade's sword, and using his own Willpower to somehow override GL's ring ? That Slade ? Because as far as I'm concerned, he seems to pull off stunts that are way beyond his capabilities most of the time.

When he fights against Batfamily members it is imo.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

@nathaniel_christopher: I don't remember Cap being anything beyond peak human condition when it comes to strength, speed, and agility. Not much of a unique powerset to share I think. Slade's super soldier experiment seemed to grant him some enhanced abilities however. That's why I don't find the two THAT similar power-wise. I mean I think they're no more similar than Batman is similar to Cap, with both being "peak" human condition. That's why I said the similarities between Cap and Slade are superficial to a degree. I don't deny that Slade was clearly inspired by Cap in some aspect, I just don't see it as being overt as you seem to think.

Come on you know what I mean. Slade's whole shtick with planning and executing tactical maneuvers, and taking down superhuman opponents regularly is what makes Slade's "tactical genius" more comparable to Batman's than Cap's. Yeah Cap has a brilliant mind for planning, but it's never been showcased in the same way as Batman or Slade. It's a "different" brand if genius if you want to call it that.

I do agree however, that Slade, especially in his first appearances, did have a lot of superficial similarities to Cap, especially in the custom and background. However, I think he shares as much similarities with Batman, the way he operates and having an Alfred lookalike as a butler, are clearly inspired by Batman. Now that I think about it, Slade is essentially a fusion between Cap and Batman. It's as if DC thought "What if Batman was a Super Soldier instead of a billionaire orphan".

Both of their powersets come from a genetic experiment involving the military and they have the same basic powers/abilities. As I mentioned previously, there are just some areas that Slade edges Cap out, because his experiment had different/better results. Still makes Cap closer to Slade than Batman, especially in regards to the origin. So i'm not seeing how Slade would be based off of Batman when his origin and abilities are nothing like Batman's. Even his background is more similar to Cap's with the whole military thing. Peak Human for Captain America means something different than what it does for Batman, since Captain America is an enhanced individual capable of seeing bullets and such.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Both of their powersets come from a genetic experiment involving the military and they have the same basic powers/abilities. As I mentioned previously, there are just some areas that Slade edges Cap out, because his experiment had different/better results. Still makes Cap closer to Slade than Batman, especially in regards to the origin. So i'm not seeing how Slade would be based off of Batman when his origin and abilities are nothing like Batman's. Even his background is more similar to Cap's with the whole military thing. Peak Human for Captain America means something different than what it does for Batman, since Captain America is an enhanced individual capable of seeing bullets and such.

That's news to me. I thought Cap's abilities were enhanced to be peak human, and unless humans can naturally see bullets flying in the air, then Cap's description of being "Peak physical condition" is false. The way I saw it, Both Cap and Batman are described as Peak human, the method they used to achieve that peak human condition is irrelevant.

It's like saying that a guy who inherit a million dollars, is somehow better than the guy who made a million dollars himself.....because reasons. If Cap is "enhanced" and can see bullets in slow mo as you say, then his description of being "peak" is flat out a lie. Personally, although I'm not a huge Cap follower, I read my share of stories with Cap, and never got the impression he was anything but human. I'd appreciate it if you pointed me in the direction of some Cap stories where his enhanced abilities are showcased.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

That's news to me. I thought Cap's abilities were enhanced to be peak human, and unless humans can naturally see bullets flying in the air, then Cap's description of being "Peak physical condition" is false. The way I saw it, Both Cap and Batman are described as Peak human, the method they used to achieve that peak human condition is irrelevant.

It's like saying that a guy who inherit a million dollars, is somehow better than the guy who made a million dollars himself.....because reasons. If Cap is "enhanced" and can see bullets in slow mo as you say, then his description of being "peak" is flat out a lie. Personally, although I'm not a huge Cap follower, I read my share of stories with Cap, and never got the impression he was anything but human. I'd appreciate it if you pointed me in the direction of some Cap stories where his enhanced abilities are showcased.

The "see bullets" thing has been stated by Cap himself

No Caption Provided

Honestly it makes a fair bit of sense to me, seeing that Captain America's abilities are the result of an experiment. What else would he be called accept enhanced? I have to head into work now but I can search for more when my shifts are over.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Enzo991

@nathaniel_christopher: Interesting. To me, Cap was an unusually frail kid, who became a a perfect soldier, in a peak human condition, through a scientific experiment. That never gave me the impression that he was anything more than what his description stated, a peak human, which means he shouldn't have anything superhuman about him. However, having them now adding superhuman abilities to him feels kinda cheap :/ As I highly doubt that was part of Cap original powerset.

Not to mention of course that Batman was shown many times to be able to doge bullets too, without it being because of a superhuman ability to see things faster (as Cap puts it). I appreciate that you took the time to research this for me. I'll look into how "enhanced" Rogers is later on my own.

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Interesting. To me, Cap was an unusually frail kid, who became a a perfect soldier, in a peak human condition, through a scientific experiment. That never gave me the impression that he was anything more than what his description stated, a peak human, which means he shouldn't have anything superhuman about him. However, having them now adding superhuman abilities to him feels kinda cheap :/ As I highly doubt that was part of Cap original powerset.

Not to mention of course that Batman was shown many times to be able to doge bullets too, without it being because of a superhuman ability to see things faster (as Cap puts it). I appreciate that you took the time to research this for me. I'll look into how "enhanced" Rogers is later on my own.

That's exactly what Cap is tbh. Every street-leveler can dodge bullet, "seeing" faster is just a dumb explaination.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Errorinscript
    Foxus27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke has defeated batman a few times in the past , the last fight between the two was in a comic of deathstroke , ended in a tie , they doesnt fight a lot because allways deadstroke avoids fighting with batman because he is very hard to fight agaisnt (he doesnt work in gotham also)

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Slade would and should humble Batman in the most humiliating of ways, and that would destroy Batfans.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Contrary to popular opinion it's for Deathstroke's benefit not Batman's. He can only beat Batman so many times before decay hits him, his encounters with the Batman and the Bat family are actually his worst showings overall.

Because Slade would and should humble Batman in the most humiliating of ways, and that would destroy Batfans.

You know if Batman is meh to you and Bat fans bother you so much then why do you keep posting on this forum? I feel the same about Deadpool but you wont find me in those forums.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Because it's a public forum and I can post when or what I like? I didn't say I dislike Batman either way so there's no need to get triggered over Internet opinion man

bighero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bighero6

@nerevarine_11: you can talk whatever crap you want in every other forums how about leave only this bat forum for only bat fans?? Im really sick of seeing you in every frekish bat thread's..

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bighero6: Dude seriously why are you upset? You sound like you pay way too much attention to what people on the Internet say. Calm down. As I said I don't hate Batman...Jesus you guys are more triggered than ever

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis

@nerevarine_11 said:

@entropy_aegis: Because it's a public forum and I can post when or what I like? I didn't say I dislike Batman either way so there's no need to get triggered over Internet opinion man

If you dont like a group of people and a topic you're generally meh about, both by YOUR own admission, then common sense would indicate that you'd avoid such people and topics unless they happen to cross your paths(say in general discussion). Deliberately putting yourself in the midst of such people=trolling.

I already gave you an example of myself and Deadpool, I dont like him or his fans so going to his forums would be poor form on my part, therefore I dont. Then again I dont have a nagging desire to put his fanboys in place.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: When in any of my posts have I said I dislike Batman fans? I know plenty. But fanboys from any comic character can be troublesome on a RARE occasion which never even happens on the times on this site. It's usually a inert one....till now. Again, you're getting way too upset I typed a comment and you got upset. You say you don't post on DP forums...,that's cool you do you. I post whenever I see a topic of interest. It's gonna be alright.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lordraiden

The only instance I can think of is this scene (and I don't even know where it comes from):

No Caption Provided

I know they have been facing each other in cartoons and games, but very very rarely in comics

why is that ? are the writers lazy? afraid? they know damn well everone wants to see more Batman vs Slade fights

why don't they make it happen ?

It's from Deathstroke's own title that came out in the 90's, issue 7, part of a 4 part storyline,, iirc.

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HighAccuser

@lordraiden: I was just reading that after Joe posted those on his Twitter

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: I was just reading that after Joe posted those on his Twitter

I still have them, fun times :-)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@nerevarine_11 said:

@entropy_aegis: When in any of my posts have I said I dislike Batman fans? I know plenty. But fanboys from any comic character can be troublesome on a RARE occasion which never even happens on the times on this site. It's usually a inert one....till now. Again, you're getting way too upset I typed a comment and you got upset. You say you don't post on DP forums...,that's cool you do you. I post whenever I see a topic of interest. It's gonna be alright.

You're kidding right? read your first post on this thread. I'm not upset at all but it's clear to me that you get a kick out of posting snide comments on these forums that are directed towards the character or his fans. When was the last time you actually made a productive post? even on that Tom King thread where everyone was discussing the merits and demerits of Tom's work your response "it's meh, but then again Batman is meh". Once or twice is fine but you keep coming here again and again, certainly a lot more than you go to say Daredevil,Black Panther or Moon Knight forums.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@enzo991: That's news to me. I thought Cap's abilities were enhanced to be peak human, and unless humans can naturally see bullets flying in the air, then Cap's description of being "Peak physical condition" is false. The way I saw it, Both Cap and Batman are described as Peak human, the method they used to achieve that peak human condition is irrelevant.

Apologies for replying to a 2 month old post but I just feel the need to point out something. Cap is enhanced to the peak of human perfection, as in he is the peak of what humans will evolve to be one day in terms of physical prowess. He hasn't been a mere peak human since the 70s now.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Batman/Slade fights can be counted on the fingers of one of your hands because the effect of fighting Batman is never pleasant for characters like Deathstroke. Slade is a character that people are used to stomping everyone and having insane feats in each issue he appears in. But when he faces DC's face, Batman, he cannot pull off the same feats as usually because simply Batman is almost on his level, his popularity is bigger than Slade's and Slade can't just win easily. That's why basically DC haven't put up against each other so much because they know fans don't want to see Batman losing and other fans want to keep seeing Slade doing incredible and sometimes impossible things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.