Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Which Batman characters will already be present in MOS II?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rogueshadow  Moderator

Obviously Ben Affleck at 41 is going to be an experienced crime fighter, who will be pretty far in to his career unlike the fresh faced Bale. I was wondering which characters of his rogues gallery as well as the Bat family you think will be present in the new film. I'm not saying who we'll see, just who do you think he will already have fought and encountered?

Obviously we'll have Gordon and Alfred. And I think at least Bane, Dick Grayson, the Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Catwoman will be pre existing characters. Oh and what's the other guys name?

No Caption Provided

I still can't remember that clown's name.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can see Commissioner Gordon and Alfred (duh) for sure. Grayson (and the other Robins) will probably be referenced but not shown.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alfred has appeared in every Batman movie so he is a must, Gordon should also appear, there's also a talk about Bruce Wayne's girlfriend, god knows who she is but I hope its not Catwoman. And if Joker appears than the movie will probably make more money than even Avengers 2 but I don't think he will, after the tremendous performance by Heath Ledger its hard to believe someone else in that role, but if not him then maybe Ra's al Ghul or Riddler.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Outside of Alfred, no one is guaranteed to appear. Spoken of perhaps, but thats it.

We all ready have most of the cast of MoS...there isn't a lot of room for more.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordoftheNorth

alfred and gordon are most likely the only batman characters we will see. We might get a cold open of batman fighting killer croc or some one like that but i dont think we will get anyone like the Riddler. Lex will most likely be the main villian he might have a hired gun like deathstroke or deadshot and he might be working with someone like Ras but we must remember this is a 2-2.5 hour movie they can only fit so much in and have it still be a good .their just isnt the time to set up a whole bunch of new batman charaters when Superman already has a pretty large cast

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Black_Claw

I think it's safe to say that only Batman and Alfred will be the only Gothamites in MOS2, since most of the cast of the first film is returning and it's been heavily rumored that Lex Luthor will be the films villain (which I think is all but inevitable at this point considering all of his Easter Eggs in the last movie).

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't think people are actually answering the question. The OP isn't asking who will be in the film, it's asking who will exist within the Batman history.

I think majority will have been a part of the characters history to be honest. Maybe not like their comic book versions (like a more nolanized bane for example). Robin/Dick Grayson is a questionable one. I honestly think they (Wb) are afraid of live action versions of that character and the closest we'll get is the Chris O'Donnell version, maybe a reference or straight to Nightwing if we're lucky but I doubt we'll see or hear anything in MoS2 (maybe launched using a Batman film, maybe launched completely solo, I definitely don't think we'll ever see a live action Robin as a 9/10 year old boy fighting alongside Batman, especially not 41 year old Batfleck).

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they only use Bruce Wayne, Alfred and Gordon.

To many character ruin movies, tv show and even books.

Besides this is a Superman movie, why there would be Batfamily in the movie and like half of the classic Batman Villains in it?

Also is hard to know, more since DC and fan has this incredibly terrible theory, Dick Grayson is the ultimate Robin, Barbara Gordon the ultimate Batgirl or the fact many nerds belive every single Batman related character should be in his movies.

Also anything that means this whole Hit Girl thing out of the movie, Kick Ass point how terrible was to take a kid and take his childhood away from it, many people look to ignore the idea of Hit Girl and Big Daddy was a huge F Bomb to Batman and the fact he take his family to fight crime as childrens, thats is called child abuse.

Heck Kick Ass 2 try to go with the popular Big Daddy was a great father and totally sucked, since Hit Girl cant have a normal life and even when she tried she was being abusive and violent to people.

Crazy Steve From The Millerverse is how people outside the comics see the concept of children side kick.

Tim Burton concept of Robin was a teen or young adult.

Joel Schumacher a young adult.

Christopher Nolan an adult.

I mean the Captain America take away this concept of the movies, since they notice there was no way to do this and dont make Batman look like an abusive ahole and not like a caring father.

Bucky is an adult in the movies.

Also Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon and Casandra Cain are interesting for who they are under their costumes.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By gator4eva

Alfred is a must

Gordon is probable

Dick is possible

Barbara and other robins could exist but I doubt they'd appear in the movie

I don't know what villains could exist but I'd imagine there is a good number of them that are present even if they aren't shown.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see Maggie Sawyer, but she started off as a Superman supporting character. Lucius Fox may show up because I bet Wayne Enterprises will have a presense in the rebuilding of Metropolis.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: I don't mean who will appear, I mean who will be pre-existing villains, I doubt that he will only just be coming up against supervillains when we first encounter him. The title is misleading but if you read the OP it's fairly clear.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RustyRoy

@rogueshadow: That's hard to tell but maybe Joker, Ra's al Ghul, Two-Face etc. As for allies Gordon and Alfred are given, but Barbara may also exist not as Batgirl maybe, Bullock is another one who should exist, anyway as I said its hard to tell who'll exist or not because this is a Batman we don't have any clue about.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Alfred is highly gonna enter i think!

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A wild potential Dick Grayson appears!
    A wild potential Dick Grayson appears!

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I want to see them reinvent Bane for this Justice League universe. I think Nolan did him good, but not right. I wanna see a very similar Bane to the one in Arkham Origins on the big screen.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TazzMission

just keep it simple dont over crowd it. xmen 3 did that and look how that turned out.................

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.