Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

When exactly did Batman beat Superman in Hush?

MonstrousOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonstrousOgre

I heard a lot of fans say that Hush and Endgame are the only canon comics where he won against Superman, so I went to read both of them. I can see his victory in Endgame but he was nowhere close to winning in Hush.

I'm not just saying this because Superman was holding back while he was mind-controlled. Even so, he was still winning against Batman. All Batman managed to do was throw a few punches and stun him for a while, but Superman got back up quickly. The fight even ended with Superman throwing a car at him.

No Caption Provided

He only survived because Catwoman saved his ass by distracting Superman. Even at the end of the fight, Superman had a lot more energy than him. Batman also admits that he almost broke his hand while punching Sups.

No Caption Provided

Now I love Batman myself (more than Superman actually) and would like to see him win more often. I even count his victory The Dark Knight Returns, which a lot of people don't. But he was pretty much getting stomped in Hush.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@monstrousogre: This has been discussed multiple time on comic vine. Anyone who looks at the fight objective will see Bruce was losing and knew he couldn't beat Clark (as you noted above). That is why Bruce devised the plan to have Selina go get Lois to snap Clark out of Poison Ivy's mind control while he distracted Clark. All he did was hold out till his plan worked which it did; if his plan did not work both him and Selina would be dead.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monstrousogre: This has been discussed multiple time on comic vine. Anyone who looks at the fight objective will see Bruce was losing and knew he couldn't beat Clark (as you noted above). That is why Bruce devised the plan to have Selina go get Lois to snap Clark out of Poison Ivy's mind control while he distracted Clark. All he did was hold out till his plan worked which it did; if his plan did not work both him and Selina would be dead.

Yes but his plan worked ! So in the end he won.

But honeslty, this story is very badly written and has lots of things wrong (but this is not the place to discuss that).

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some would argue not dying and freeing Superman from his mind control counts as a win.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

Yes but his plan worked ! So in the end he won.

But honeslty, this story is very badly written and has lots of things wrong (but this is not the place to discuss that).

Well I was talking in the physical fight sense he definitely was losing, but yeah your right by the plan working he won.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.