Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

To all those accusing Batman of being a Mary Sue, please read this

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Alfred always had a way with words

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yeah, that doesn't really change anything.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheExile285
    jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By jumpstart55

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah, that doesn't really change anything.

This.^...lol its funny how you thought it would though..lmao

No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: My point was, haters see him as an invicible bat-god when he really is only human and vulnerable

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@masterdetective: Having reasons why you are a mary sue doesn't negate the fact that you are a mary sue.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a Gary Stu with blatant PIS and wank on his side. Still has great moments but I never cared for him. or his rabid and unhealthy and cancerous toxic fanbase who bashes anything that isn't Nolan, Batman, or Snyder related as of late.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nerevarine_11: Carefull with the tone of your post. If lots of People like them, maybe there is a good reason.

Maybe you haven't read the right stories because to me some of the best ever comics are Batman stories.

I agree that Nolan and Snyder write poor scenarios and that the new 52 was disapointing.

Exept maybe daredevil, no superhero is as good and intersting to read as Batman.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, every hero is fallible. Also, most heroes do have their demons. People who don't read Batman's comics on a regular basis and are judging by posts they've seen on the Vine might consider him a Marty Stu.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Idc about people liking Nolan or Zack Snyder. But bashing other material while doing it isn't cool. You aren't a comic fan if you say batman>everything that's my point

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman by definition can't be a Mary Sue (Gary Stu), as not only is he far from being infallible, but he also falls and fails many times, before actually succeeding, which is called being a Superhero, but not that's too much for Batman it seems. In a universe where there godlike characters, who can't even die when killed, nobody has the right to call Batman a Mary Sue. At least the Batman fanbase isn't the one that freaks out every time Batman is not portrayed as a perfect infallible being, because he's inspirational god damn it, now ya'all be inspired immediately XD

Weird how you hear so much about this "cancerous" Batman fanbase that is so toxic that it's ruining comic books for everyone, when in reality all I see is people bashing Batman because he's more popular than whatever crappy character they chose to worship. I mean of the most popular Forums on the Vine, Batman's is the only one where people consistently show up just to bash him in his own Forum, and then you go to other Forums and see people wanking their characters by bashing Batman. But yeah, I can totally see how it's all the fault of Batman and his fanbase.....

What is even funnier, is that the only actual complain i keep hearing about the Batman Fanbase is the "Prep Time" argument, which people only really use to make fun of Batman anyway. Not to mention that this whole thing only pertains to Battle Forum topics, which in of themselves the epitome of childishness, and doesn't actually have anything with Batman as a character himself.

But who am I even talking it. When a whole Fanbase flock to a character only based on how hard they can punch, of course the existence of a character like Batman, who's but a lowly human, would be very infuriating for them, especially when he alone is more popular then most of the other DC characters combined. Batman has become the go to excuse for any fanbase with misgivings about their characters

Childish jealousy is all there is to it really. Other people are allowed to wank and act biased toward their favorite characters but the Batman fanbase isn't allowed the same leeway it seems. Well, take solace in knowing that Batman will remain the most relevant Superhero for the conceivable future, so maybe you should pray that your grandchildren might get to live in a world free of the Bat boogeyman...

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: I didn't say above everything but above most other superheroes. Learn to read.

Read :

* Arhkam asylum: living hell

* Dark night, dark city

* Streets of Gotham

* Broken city

* Joker graphic novel

* Batman Inc.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This post change absolutely nothing and will only succeed in bringing Batwankers out to defend their almighty God.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@jb681131: Idc about people liking Nolan or Zack Snyder. But bashing other material while doing it isn't cool. You aren't a comic fan if you say batman>everything that's my point

What material is being bashed? and who cares if it is, how does that make you more or less of a fan of comics? cut the crap. Also plenty of Batman fans hate both Nolan and Snyder, I despise Snyder myself. You're not entitled to people respecting and loving the same things you do, everyone has opinions. Also if the fanbase is so bad then you should just stop posting on Batman forums. If you want respect for the things supposedly getting bashed by Batman fans maybe you shouldn't do what you complain about others doing.

This post change absolutely nothing and will only succeed in bringing Batwankers out to defend their almighty God.

Golly gee what an I.Q, fans defending something they love in the relevant forum, what madness is this, no one could have anticipated that.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well, every hero is fallible. Also, most heroes do have their demons. People who don't read Batman's comics on a regular basis and are judging by posts they've seen on the Vine might consider him a Marty Stu.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HighAccuser

@entropy_aegis: clearly I struck a nerve. I'm merely describing my experience with salty and deplorable Batman fans. Like I said if you're gonna be a douche about liking only Batman, keep it to yourself. Relax dude I'm just describing my experience. I still respect Bats

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch said:

This post changes absolutely nothing and will only succeed in bringing Bat-haters out to shit on their almighty boogeyman.

Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.