Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

"Three Jokers" Reveal makes absolutely no sense for one glaring reason

• 52 results
    Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slayz

Batman asked the Chair "What is The Joker's true name?"

The Joker's true name is not "there are three Jokers". Now, if the Chair had expanded on The Joker's name by saying, "Well, his name is Bob Vance, but there are actually 3 versions of him running around" that would be... Better, at least.

But that's not what the Chair said. It just told Batman "Idk but there's 3 of them lol".

By the way, how do these 3 Jokers work? How long is the new 52? 6 years? How do THREE FREAKING JOKERS not run into each other ONCE or cause a similar incident at the same time? Are they a council? Do they have an agreed upon schedule?

It's just awful. Horribly, completely, awful.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The best solution is the craziest of those Jokers, kill the other 2... We return to the same..

This is too much to hold more than one saga.. in the future we will look at 3 Joker in Arkham? No I dont think so.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The explanation that he changes his personality as he sees fit was always the best and explained all of the changes he expirienced over the years. What's funny is that even in the New 52 It was described like that.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is why I read comics from the beginning to the year 2000 there is a drop in quality after that .

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Don't care it's still stupid.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: You realize I'm also saying it's stupid, right?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dernman

@slayz said:

@dernman: You realize I'm also saying it's stupid, right?

yes

I'm just saying it's stupid for so many reasons that I can't concentrate on just one.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr___death

Actually don't mind this too much, could be interesting. At least it isn't Marvel with what they just did with Cap.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 SC  Moderator

Yeah that was odd to me as well.

Batman: "Who killed my Parents"

The Chair: "Your parents weren't killed… you haven't established that they were ever alive, I mean Batman, philosophically we could argue your parents were never alive to begin with, and therefore never died, so instead of answering your question, I am going to tell you something else that creates more questions than it answers, like maybe you were adopted and you actually have 200 parents?"

Batman: "Dammit chair, I don't want your drama, just give ma straight answer"

The Chair: "Straight answer Batman? You some sort of homophobe? Okay, now my answer is that you have three sexualities"

The Chair: "Nah, just jokes Batman… its just a prank bro… don't hit me, my mother's name is Martha too, don't punch me bro. The Rock will play me in the eventual movie you know?"

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

The Joker's true name is not "there are three Jokers". Now, if the Chair had expanded on The Joker's name by saying, "Well, his name is Bob Vance, but there are actually 3 versions of him running around" that would be... Better, at least.

If there is 3 jokers then It make sense that the chair did not said a particular name,the question was wrong,why say "Bob" if he didn't specified which joker he was talking about?

By the way, how do these 3 Jokers work? How long is the new 52? 6 years? How do THREE FREAKING JOKERS not run into each other ONCE or cause a similar incident at the same time? Are they a council? Do they have an agreed upon schedule?

This is the mistery of the story, this is what Batman is trying to find out.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thing, why couldn't Batman just ask the chair what it meant by 3 Jokers?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could have said three names rather than one.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 SC  Moderator

If The Chair can't discern that Batman means a particular Joker, then it could be there all day, a lot of people would have Joker as an alias, is it Jeff Moreau? Shotaro Hidari? If The Chair can discern, then why be so cryptic and or just mention three names, knowing who Batman means. I am starting to doubt whether The Chair is real at all, they seem like some sort of fictional puppet dancing to some cosmic creative writers tune.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: That still makes no sense. The Mobius Chair reads the intentions of its owner. It would obviously know what Batman meant by that question.

There's no need to try and blindly justify this. As a massive Batman and Joker fan, this is incredibly stupid.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slayz

@sc: There's just so many contradictions and leaps in logic.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I guess joker's username is thereare3ofthem.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkknight819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even going to overreact to this. How often do we see these big, drastic, headline grabbing revelations and changes in comics only for the end result to be more mildly than it originally appeared? I'll wait to see how this plays out before I start crying foul

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker is in fact the Trinity.

One is Batman, one is Wonder Woman, and one is Superman.
    Duh.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be retconned quickly

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

The Joker's true name is not "there are three Jokers". Now, if the Chair had expanded on The Joker's name by saying, "Well, his name is Bob Vance.....

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration?!

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just sounds like a poorly though gimmick in all honesty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c70e557be5ab
    deactivated-5c70e557be5ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I read comics from the beginning to the year 2000 there is a drop in quality after that .

Amen to that. I mean female Thor...enough said.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another… If I’m going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!”

~ Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke, 1988.

Almost from the very start of the Batman comics there were two Jokers !!! Third appear years latter !!!

Huge Spoiler !!!

Adolf Stryker - ''First'' and Original Joker... and best known as Joker of The Killing Joke ! He lose his memory in the process of his own creation !!! Later in The Killing Joke, he tell/reveal origin story of the second Joker for which creation is he responsible !!! They know each other and work together from time to time, even they don't like each other at all !!! When second Joker took the bullet to face... he back and replace him... but not forever !!!

Red Hood ''Jack'' - Second Joker...best known as Joker of A Death in the Family ! Red Hood gang who don't fall ''acidentally'' in the same chemical as Stryker !!! Those chemical in which Red Hood fall was create by first Joker (Stryker), which he make to find cure for self !!! Years latter he took the bullet to the head but survive with deformed face !!! When that happened First Joker(Stryker) again step on the scene !!! Second Joker stay back in the shadows, restoring his face. When his face regenerate he back to role of the Joker. But that don't was only trouble with his face. Decades latter one another villain cut his face off... Dollmaker.

Curtis Base - Third Joker... and best known as Joker of Death of the Family ! Corrupt businessman who learn everything about Joker (Second one)... who he was, how he come to be... man who turn to a life of crime and try to replace believed dead Joker !!! Later when ''original'' Joker back, they two have a fight for the name of Joker. In that battle Curtis jump to vat full of acid, to replicate the accident that created the Joker. But things don't go well and chemicals melt his skin alltogether with his face... but somehow he success to survive it. In the next years he hire one scientist to make identical chemicals, to chemicals response for creation of the Original Joker. He want jump into it, to gain Joker regenaration and his form. Experiments dont go very good and he lose almost all of his wealth. Years latter when Dollmaker cut Second Joker face, he stole the face from the GCPD. With Joker's DNA from the face, scientist start creating serum which will give Joker abilities to Curtis. Until scientist work on the serum, Curtis seize the moment of faceless Joker to back on his role !!! Curtis gonna prove that is he way better Joker than his rival, and use his cutted face as mask and attack all Batman family members !!! Later in the finall battle with Batman Curtis fall from the waterfall and lose the Face. U will recognize him as thinner than the other Jokers !!!

All three of them dont have same temperament and level of moral... one is homicidal maniac, second is more ruthless killer, until third is sth like gimmick-happy super-thief... One of them again have more emotions than other two, and another one have more likes for a Harley Quinn, until two others are sick of her, and know to punch her if she start to be anoying !!!

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slayz: I disagree. First off you can't assume that these Joker's have never met. In fact it would make more sense if they did and are all actually connected. One could also complain that GL's ring din't know what mother box is even though Hal stated that The Guardians know everything and the ring knows all that The Guardians know. It could very well be compared to Mobius' chair not knowing who Joker is even if it is all knowledgeable.(BTW the example I provided comes from fist vol. of New 52 JL)

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Slayz

@batman3000: Nope.

That's sort of my point. If they did all exist, then they would have had to coordinate with one another, which is stupid as hell.

It doesn't matter if you disagree, that's how the logic checks out. The Mobius Chair isn't some cryptic puzzle machine. You ask a question, it reads your intentions, and answers that question based off the intentions. GL rings aren't comparable, every single Lantern in the GLC is issued one, and while they do provide a library of knowledge, they don't know everything. Hal's throw away comment about the Guardians "knowing everything" means nothing, especially within context.

If a GL could know everything just with their ring, what would the point of the Mobius Chair be?

But sure. Let's say you're right for a second.

The World's Greatest Detective's follow up question isn't, "How do these 3 Jokers exist"? Or, "What are the names of each of the Jokers"? Or even better, "Where are they now"?

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt there are actually three Jokers - it's obviously the start of a conundrum that Batman needs to solve. It's literally a couple of panels and everyone is crying foul. Let's just wait and see what transpires.

My bigger problem with logic is why the mysterious woman with the French accent (I'm sure you all know who she is) was kept in custody and questioned for a whole hour over the theft of a sandwich... Is this the best use of their resources?

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777: Except Batman literally says that Joker was caught in two locations at the same time.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: That's because something is afoot, dear Slayz! And Bruce Wayne is going to get to the bottom of it. If it turns out that Batman has always been fighting three literal different jokers, and that it isn't a worlds crossing over scenario or simple ruse to throw him into confusion by the one true Joker then I'll send you the deed to my house. If it turns out I'm right you send me a hundred bucks.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

How do THREE FREAKING JOKERS not run into each other ONCE or cause a similar incident at the same time?

Because they caused. Ain't sure where is Civic City, but Google place it somewhere in California, West US.
    While Baltimore is on East US. Next.

No Caption Provided
    Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777: When did I say that this couldn't be a result of the different timelines crossing paths? Quote me on that. All I've ever said is that there are literally three physical Jokers in this new timeline.

You're being ignorant if you deny it. The Mobius Chair has absolute knowledge, it wouldn't state that there are 3 Jokers if there was only one in actuality. Brush up on your reading comprehension, take things in context, and reevaluate your stance.

This is a stupid story direction.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Slayz

@rubear: So in 6+ years, two Jokers were never caught at the exact same time and brought to Arkham?

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested to see how this gets expanded upon. A very odd twist, indeed.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: You're clearly very passionate. I just don't think you need to be so concerned after seeing this little teaser in the plot. There obviously won't be three Jokers for long.

Batmaniac007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was probably the only thing that bothered me about Rebirth.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: Batman didn't have any particular Joker in mind. The implication is that he's encountered all three of them and always thought they were the same person.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont read any of the new DC comics, but why cant Batman just ask the chair again what it meant?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Man, this is why I don't read comicbooks anymore.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I agree with you that it makes no sense but in DC Universe Rebirth #1 it was revealed that the New 52 or the Flashpoint isn't a thing after all. It was revealed that someone stole memories and parts of the life of all superheroes and made them think that they have been like this for 5-6 years, made them forget some of their friend and etc. So, at least the part where all three of them have never ran to each other makes partly sense.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Slayz

@nickzambuto: To Batman's knowledge, there only was a single Joker.

Therefore, the Chair should have understood he was referring to a single Joker.

But sure, let's assume your position. Batman doesn't then ask, "What are THEIR names"?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By renamed040924

@slayz: You're proposing that out of the three Jokers that Batman has apparently met and assumes to all be the same person, the chair should have just arbitrarily chosen one of them out of random? Not asked the user to specify who he was referring to? If Batman asked the chair "what is the Mexican's name" the chair wouldn't have asked "which one?"?

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Slayz

@nickzambuto: That's a false equivalence. We're not talking about an entire race of people, we're talking about 3 seperate individuals.

Yes. The Chair should have assumed what Batman meant by his question. That's literally what I'm saying. It logically should have concluded what Batman meant, and proceeded to correct him and fill him in with their names.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gracetrack

Geoff Johns... ugh...

I'm so glad he's finally done writing anything involving Batman after this. Hopefully this turn of events gets retconned and swept under the rug quickly, because part of me thinks even Johns didn't know what he meant by this.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

if there are three Jokers now, well I hope at least one of them is Cesar Romero

AgentOfCHA0S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh there's multiple glaring reasons. How about the fact that Batman hasn't noticed? Or the fact that the Joker would kill any dupilcates

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

The explanation that he changes his personality as he sees fit was always the best and explained all of the changes he expirienced over the years. What's funny is that even in the New 52 It was described like that.

EXACTLY! Long live Morrison! I would also like to point out that if there are three versions of Joker running around on Earth-Prime, are we going to see other versions of more characters? We've already seen Superman (post crisis) and Superman (new 52) as well as Wally West (post crisis) and Wally West (new 52). So many questions.... I hope they are answered well.

CheesyFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we can all agree this whole Joker is 3 people is stupid? Because anything related to Joker at this point makes me cringe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.