Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Thoughts on Ben Affleck's Batman killing people in BvS

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

This is taken out of the last Empire issue that featured DCEU exclusives

“Batman is not giving people a chance... He is more than a vigilante. He has become not only the cop, if you will, he has also become the jury and executioner.” -Charles Roven

What do you make of this quote?

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ben affleck is such a joke lmao

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think you read that correctly. No where does it say he's killing anyone just that he's punishing criminals. We've seen that in the trailers with the branded criminals. Until I see the movie and actually see him kill some random criminal I'm not believing that they're going that route.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Eh if that's true then why isn't Joker dead? or Croc or Harley or Deadshot? the tie inn comics made it clear that he's not a murderer but I admit those cereal box comics may not mean much.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@entropy_aegis: @kiba: Maybe I took him being an executioner too literally. Maybe not. We will find out next month.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk what to say about that. I don't really think he'll act as an executioner since he hasn't killed the Joker yet.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: I think the article is alluding to Batman's intent to kill Superman in battle.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If he does kill people....

I'll be pissed to say the least

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@kiba said:

I don't think you read that correctly. No where does it say he's killing anyone just that he's punishing criminals. We've seen that in the trailers with the branded criminals. Until I see the movie and actually see him kill some random criminal I'm not believing that they're going that route.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, this is probably not meant literal, if it is... lets be fair the Burton Batman was a killer, too.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Batman will kill anyone in BvS. It has become a part of the current legend. The whole Batman does not kill is a modern take on the character though. Batman has killed villains before, especially in his early years.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Awful awful awful idea. If true, they didn't learn anything from the MoS complaints.

These are supposed to be "heroes". Not action movie characters that kill.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awful awful awful idea. If true, they didn't learn anything from the MoS complaints.

These are supposed to be "heroes". Not action movie characters that kill.

are you dumb or something? the quote is clearly stating he is more BRUTAL not a damn killer , he's branding villians with his logo striking fear and pain in people not killing people , what MOS complaints are you talking about? Him killing zod? tell me a better way to stop a man about to kill innocent people? snapping his neck is the only logic way and plus new52 superman has killed before when needed

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: bro why are you always picking me specifically , hop off

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: maybe if the people on this site didn't abuse the flag button it wouldn't be a problem?, flagging someone for being called dumb is literally the stupidest thing on earth , if you cant take the baby insult , why be on this site?

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

@birdman400: The rule is that users are not to insult each other. You can't get mad at users for flagging you when you break a rule. Well, you can, but it makes little sense. You agreed to follow the rules when you joined. If you can't follow the rules then why be on this site?

do you think anyone ever read those rules? aha

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see it loosely working for his higher tier rogues or maybe a sociopath and mob boss here and there, but if he's basically Snyder Punisher, than that'd be a weird charscterization. I'm not a strict Batman fan and I know his GA counterpart killed on occasion, but I think this might be extremely divisive and polarizing. People threw a fit when they saw Cavill kill, Batman killing might be one hell of a gamble.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
    Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh if that's true then why isn't Joker dead? or Croc or Harley or Deadshot? the tie inn comics made it clear that he's not a murderer but I admit those cereal box comics may not mean much.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those Tie inn comics actually come from the Dr Pepper drinks but there are some cereal box comics that have different stories.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Slayz

Why is it so difficult for people to understand metaphors?

It's just an expression, he's not literally an executioner.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
    TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I don't think he said that Batman will be a killer. And if you read the Dr. Pepper prequel comics, Batman didn't kill anyone in their. They showed that he had gotten more and more brutal through all the years and started beating criminals very hard after the Metropolis incident. That beaten criminal in the trailers sums up the story very well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.