Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The power is out in Gotham City... again.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it just me, or does the power go off in Gotham a lot? If I wasn't so lazy and uninformed I might do this myself, but is there any record of how many times the power has gone off in Gotham during Batman's lifetime in comics, movies etc.

Here are the instances I've personally noted within the last eight years and which prompted this thread:

• Ra's al Ghul shuts it off in the animated tv show Beware the Batman, episode 13 'Fall'
    • The Joker shuts it off in Nolan's The Dark Knight
    • The Riddler turns it off in Snyder's Dark City from Zero Year in the New 52

Can anyone think of other examples where a villain has been able to shut off the electricity? You think the people of Gotham are getting used it yet? "Power's gone out, must be a villain messing with Batman again..."

This is a pretty random thread, but I've seen worse.

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I think if you really want to make your point, you should only use examples from one continuity.

There was one part in the New 52 Birds of Prey where Black Canary accidentally destroyed a substation and knocked out the electricity.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wayne Enterprises is hogging all the electricity.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rainshadow777: Well you have missed one of the biggest and greatest Batman Saga:

• No Man's Land

By the way, it is the Saga that inspired part of Nolan's third movie.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caivu said:

I think if you really want to make your point, you should only use examples from one continuity.

There was one part in the New 52 Birds of Prey where Black Canary accidentally destroyed a substation and knocked out the electricity.

This.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caivu said:

I'm not intending to make a point - this isn't supposed to be didactic or critical. The city itself is something that really interests me as it's practically its own character in the Batman mythos. I just want to hear about the times the lights went off as a form of villainous attack. In fact, I'm going to make a point of finding out as much about the city as I can.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@rainshadow777: Well you have missed one of the biggest and greatest Batman Saga:

• No Man's Land

By the way, it is the Saga that inspired part of Nolan's third movie.

Who causes the power to go out in No Man's Land?

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.