Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Long Halloween: Did You See It Coming? (SPOILERS)

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gotwillpower

I just read Batman: The Long Halloween for the first time. It's probably my favorite mystery ever. So, I want to know if anyone was able to predict the ending.

Did you think it was Harvey all along? Did you predict Alberto as the killer? What about Gilda?

I figured Harvey had something to do with it, but I was actually far more certain that it was Alberto. When Gilda reveals she was one of the killers as well, I was blown away. Alberto as the killer is a little cliche, but Gilda as the killer is perfect! I should have known all along.

Edit: I forgot to say, spoilers for Long Halloween show be alright, but please don't spoil Dark Victory, etc. I haven't read those yet.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By selinaky

I don't quite remember, I read it so long ago now... should re-read it sometime. I loved the book, I didn't guess the ending at all though.

Dark Victory is good as well, it has a similar theme.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BatWatch

I read it several years ago when I had not read nearly as many Batman comics as I have now. I did like it at the time, and I figured nothing out, but I usually do not try to figure out mysteries. I just enjoy the ride.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Stormbox

Nope i didnt see it coming lol

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By reignmaker

Yeah, Long Halloween totally threw me. I'll always love that story. Shows a younger, more unexperienced Batman. I'm also a huge fan of Tim Sale's art.

I will say after that, Loeb's technique became more predictable though. I didn't predict Dark Victory's ending either, but I remember it crossing my mind briefly before getting to the end. After that, Hush's ending was easy to see before it happened.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Reignmaker said:

Yeah, Long Halloween totally threw me. I'll always love that story. Shows a younger, more unexperienced Batman. I'm also a huge fan of Tim Sale's art.

I will say after that, Loeb's technique became more predictable though. I didn't predict Dark Victory's ending either, but I remember it crossing my mind briefly before getting to the end. After that, Hush's ending was easy to see before it happened.

yeah that happened to me too, except the part where Riddler figures out Batman's identity and how he was the mastermind.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By reignmaker

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Reignmaker said:

yeah that happened to me too, except the part where Riddler figures out Batman's identity and how he was the mastermind.

Ah ha. Yeah, I totally forgot about that! That was pretty sweet. Man, that Jim Lee art also. Too gewd...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.