Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The Full Batman Timeline in chronological order (with mistakes)

• 63 results
    GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jb681131 said:

@danongorf : No, the new 52 is suppose to be a reboot, so technically you don't need to ready anything.

I thought GL and Batman were the only ones not get rebooted. All the major storylines such as Batman & Son, RIP, Final Crisis, Hush & Blackest Night are all a part of the New 52 Continuity.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gxrevolution96 said:

@jb681131 said:

@danongorf : No, the new 52 is suppose to be a reboot, so technically you don't need to ready anything.

I thought GL and Batman were the only ones not get rebooted. All the major storylines such as Batman & Son, RIP, Final Crisis, Hush & Blackest Night are all a part of the New 52 Continuity.

True those stories seems to fit but I don't think so. Damian Wayne's stories is retold in the new52 Batman & Robin.

Everything got resetted after the "Flashpoint" event.

Danongorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gxrevolution96: Huh, reboot? So it's set earlier in his career? I don't understand.. Because all of the Batman family are there.

But I'm reading

Year One, Monster Men, Mad Monk, Prey, Man Who Laughs, Venom, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Gauntlet, Robin: Year One, The Haunted Knight, Rules Of Engagement, Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, Second Chances, A Death in the Family, A Lonely Place of Dying, Cataclysm, Hush, Batman and Son.

Any other good stories I can read? I'm specifically looking for a Scarecrow origin story that is easy to obtain, as Scarecrow is my favourite villain and I'd love to read into him more. Also some Victor Zaaz and Clayface?

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Year One, Monster Men, Mad Monk, Prey, Man Who Laughs, Venom, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Gauntlet, Robin: Year One, The Haunted Knight, Rules Of Engagement, Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, Second Chances, A Death in the Family, A Lonely Place of Dying, Cataclysm, Hush, Batman and Son.

Any other good stories I can read? I'm specifically looking for a Scarecrow origin story that is easy to obtain, as Scarecrow is my favourite villain and I'd love to read into him more. Also some Victor Zaaz and Clayface?

The best Zsasz story is probably The Last Arkham, which I believe is out of print

Best Clayface story depends on which Clayface you're talking about.

I would also recommend Blades, Gothic, Strange Apparitions, Birth of the Demon, Going Sane, Dark Knight Dark City, and Faces.

Danongorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: For Clayface, any. I've read the one in Zero Year (?) where he pretends to be Bruce Wayne and liked it.

What about Scarecrow? Any decent ones?

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@silent_bomber: For Clayface, any. I've read the one in Zero Year (?) where he pretends to be Bruce Wayne and liked it.

Clayface III - "The Coming of Clayface III" (collected in Strange Apparitions), "Mortal Clay" (collected in DC Universe Alan Moore)

Clayface I - "The Mud Pack" (collected in Dark Knight Norm Breyfogle), "Fruit of the Earth" (collected in No Mans Land V3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clayface II - Stick with Batman the Animated Series

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Scarecrow? Any decent ones?

From what i've read and remember.

For the new52 :

• Batman the dark kngiht : cycle of violence

For before :

• Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special #1 (Fears - Published in Haunted Knight)
    • Knightfall / Knightquest
    Ravunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ravunk

@masahikotahara: Thank you for posting. I just order Mad Monk and it comes with Batman: Odyssey. Where would Batman: Odyssey fit in?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freaking wow, man.

Thegamemanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for the list

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

izgood34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By izgood34

1. Batman Year One
    2. Batman Shaman
    3. Batman & the Monster Men
    4. Batman& the Mad Monk
    5. Batman Prey
    6. Batman the Man Who Laughs
    7. Batman Gothic
    8. Batman Venom
    9. Batman Four of a Kind
    10. Collected Legends of the Dark Knight
    11. Batman Other Realms
    12. Batman Snow
    13. Batman and The Long Halloween
    14. Batman Dark Victory
    15. Batman The Gauntlet and Robin Year One (not fully sure though)
    16. Batman Haunted knight
    17. Batman Faces
    18. Batman Terror
    19. Batman Monsters
    20. Batman Rules of Engagement
    21. Batman Night Crisis
    22. Batman The Cat and the Bat
    23. Batman King Tuts Tomb
    24. Batman Tales of the Demon
    25. Batman The nights of the Beast
    26. Batman The Killing Joke
    27. Arkham Asylum A Serious House on Serious Earth
    28. Batman Death in the Family
    29. Batman A Lonely Place of Mine
    30. Batman Blind Justice
    31. The Sword of Azreal
    32. Batman Knight fall vol 1 - 3
    33. Batman Prodical
    34. Batman Anarky
    35. Batman Contagion
    36. Batman Legacy
    37. Batman Cataclysm
    38. Batman No Mans Land Vol 1 - 5
    39. Batman Evolustion
    40. Batman Officer Down
    41. Bruce Wayne Murderer?
    42. Bruce Wayne Fugitive Vol 1 - 3
    43. Hush Vol 1 - 2
    44. Batman Death in the Maidens
    45. Batman Broken City
    46. Batman As the crow Flies
    47. Batman War Drums
    48. Batman War Games vol 1 - 3
    49. Batman Hush Returns
    50. Batman City of Crime
    51. Batman Under the Hood Vol 1 - 2
    52. Batman War Crimes
    53. Batman Face the Face
    54. Batman Detective
    55. Batman and Son
    56. Batman Death in the City
    57. Batman The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
    58. Batman and the Black Glove
    59. Batman Private Casebook
    60. Batman Heart of Hush
    61. Batman R.I.P.
    62. Batman What Ever Happened To The Caped Crusader
    63. Batman Battle of the Cowl
    64. Batman Battle of the Cowl Companion
    65. Batman Reborn
    66. Batman Vs Robin
    67. Batman Long Shadows
    68. Batman Hush Money
    69. Batman Life After Death
    70. Batman Arkham Reborn
    71. Time and the Batman
    72. Batman Must Die
    73. Batman The Road Home
    74. Batman The Return of Bruce Wayne
    75. Batman Eye of the Beholder

This list is amazing. From the comments some people might think a few books are out of order or a few missing. I have used this list to buy everything up to Batman Detective (*54). Really grew up a fan from Sword of Azreal on (Vengenace of bane 1 and 2 are missing and i don't think both books go back to back in chronological order so if anyone can tell me where both go in this list that would be great!). Anyway I have up till Batman Detective (*54) and everything from this is where it gets very confusing. I know Morrison took over right around there and I see a Morrison Omnibus coming out which might cover a bunch of TPB's I wont need since they might be in the omnibus on this list after (*54) My hope is that someone can put a definitive list from Batman Detective on using current and upcoming releases that cover this time frame. I'm sorry if this is confusing and I'm quite the newb when it comes to posting messages. I'm just so confused in this time frame. I have all the new 52 and rebirth TPB's but again need a solid list from Batman Detective (*54) until the new 52 came out. Again, not sure the rules on this vine or if i can put an email address so I can speak with someone one on one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can provide an email address for a one on one tutorial. Also I am ready to buy the full lot of TPB's from *54 on. Rambling now but boy is this overwhelming especially with all the sites out there who claim to have the definitive list. Great work by MASTEROFNONE, you helped me acquire a ton of TPB's I never even knew about. Also some people seem to think certain TPB's should be in a different order than what this list shows. I would love to know anyone's opinion of the correct order. Again I'm rambling and just need some help. Message Board is great and i appreciate all the hard work every person who commented put in. Just need some help. Thanks again and sorry if this is confusing or long winded.

Gate11au

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Gate11au

This list is exactly what i was looking for i have a heap of classic and older batman comic digitally and was trying to work out what order to reed them in so now i can get them in the right order so it all make more easy to get the history of the batman.

Is dark Knight metal an elsewhere type tale?

Thank you

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gate11au said:

This list is exactly what i was looking for i have a heap of classic and older batman comic digitally and was trying to work out what order to reed them in so now i can get them in the right order so it all make more easy to get the history of the batman.

Is dark Knight metal an elsewhere type tale?

Thank you

Also try this:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batman/4005-1699/guide/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.