Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Stuff 'The Batman' did better than Batman: TAS

• 59 results
    mister_pimping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mister_pimping

Bruce

@theacidskull said:
    • Not one persona has said Riddler, even though the The Batman incarnation was miles ahead of the TAS one.
    • Killer croc was also far more interesting as opposed to the lumbering brute in TAS.
    • The animation was also much more smooth and fluid, but that's not really a factor since it's just a result of the time period.
    • Batman Vs Dracula, but to be fair, TAS has awesome movies under it's belt as well.(Mask of the Phantasm isn't something you can beat)
    • Batgirl, she was actually a partner/sidekick and not some weird love interest. Dammit Bruce Timm...

Gotta agree with this. Especially with Croc, Riddler and Barbra. One of the few good riddler interpretation, despite the look.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@lvenger: other way around. Dick dumped her.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@avenging_x_bolt: Dick dumped her? Must have gotten mixed up in what happened in the post Justice League Unlimited DCUA timeline.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: yeah, it was the episode where he explained to Tim why he quit being Robin.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: But that wasn't an episode, that was part of the Batman Beyond comic. Dick never appeared in the Batman Beyond show, he was just mentioned.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: no, there was an entire episode from The New Batman Adventures. I never said anything about Batman Beyond

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: That's what you were referring to, not Batman Beyond? I see what you mean now, he did break up with Barbara there even if he didn't say it.

ACE123380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costumes. Action, somewhat. Batman TAS got rather mediocre around season 4. The characters looked like crap, and makes Batman The Brave and Bold look like a masterpiece of artwork.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They are both pretty good. TAS had better writing/stories though. The Batman had more action and the cast was more lively in appearance and voice work. I like them both, but I watch TAS more because I like the Tim Burton Batman vibe it has.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Not one persona has said Riddler, even though the The Batman incarnation was miles ahead of the TAS one.

It's true the Riddler is creepier, but wether it's a good thing is up to debate
    wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane was better, the Riddler was better, Kevin Michael Richardson's impression of Mark Hamill was better, Commissioner Gordon not being in the show until the 56th season was better.

Fans were not receptive to the awful art style and tone of the Batman. At first it tried its hardest to not be BTAS, but slowly just started being more like BTAS as the show went on. The Batman is a piece of shit.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Just the fight scenes but that's not really saying much considering what animation was available for The Batman compared to BTAS. I don't know people are citing more reasons than that, I found The Batman to be rather disappointing in hindsight, and I used to watch it too.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer The Batman to Batman: The Animated series. Come at me.

This

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly truly cannot thing of a single thing. I don't think the show was bad, but it got mediocre at times. Improved animation would be a given as per the time gap between animation techniques and I found the fight scenes dull given the style of the show.

Honestly TAS is a solid 9/10 in my book.

The Batman would be a 5/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

• Killer croc was also far more interesting as opposed to the lumbering brute in TAS.
    • The animation was also much more smooth and fluid, but that's not really a factor since it's just a result of the time period.
    • Batman Vs Dracula, but to be fair, TAS has awesome movies under it's belt as well.(Mask of the Phantasm isn't something you can beat)
    • Batgirl, she was actually a partner/sidekick and not some weird love interest. Dammit Bruce Timm...

Still holds up. Though now Bruce banging Barbara seems more comical to me than it did then.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't think of anything

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
    deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

To all those saying Riddler, no. Just no. John Glover's voice acting really defined the characters egotistical narcissm and Riddler Reformed is a really in depth look at the characters psychosis. The Batman did do things better but not Riddler.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Batman had Black Mask, which I still think is the best adaptation of the character we've gotten. Killer Croc was great too, Firefly and Hugo Strange as others have said. Man Bat too was alot of fun not sure if I'd say he was better but liked the direction they went with him. I think Penguin maybe was better too, enjoyed how he felt more active in some of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.