Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Stop Ben Affleck Before it's too Late!!!

• 175 results
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I actually want to see him do it. I think this could work out.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Have you even seen his more recent work? He's massively improved as an actor, and Daredevil is actually good when you watch the director's cut instead of the butcher's work done in post-production.

That's not why I don't want to see him as Wayne. I actually really liked him in Daredevil. THESE are the reasons I don't want to see it.

1) He publicly said that he would never play a superhero again, proving that he is just media whoring and doesn't even care about playing Batman

2) Argo sucked. It was racist, slow and completely underused John Goodman. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

3) WE'VE ALREADY SEEN HIM PLAY A SUPERHERO!! ONE VERY SIMILAR TO BATMAN!!! DAMN!!

4) He doesn't care about the character. I know I already said this, but it's that big of a deal to me.

1.People change their minds

2. This fits into the sometimes people make bad movies despite their talents category.

3. Who cares?

4. He'll care more now that its his job to.

1) He seemed pretty adamant about it.

2) I suppose you're right

3) It's like if we saw Hugh Jackman play Timber Wolf or Thomas Jane play Red Hood. I'm just going to imagine him saying everything as Daredevil in a black suit

4) I highly doubt it. Same thing could be said about Uma Thurman and Poison Ivy, look what happened there.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I just realized that I recognize quite a few of the people saying Affleck is gonna suck as Batman were among the people who said Ryan Reynolds would make a great Hal Jordan for no other reason than that he knew the Green Lantern oath. Coincidence?

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Dabee

@cor3ycash: Dude, shut up. You'd be pissed off whoever it was. Seriously. People need to get a grip. Ben Affleck will be a great Batman.

EDIT:@spideyivydaredevilfan26 Argo didn't suck. It was one of the best movies that year, one of the best in a long time even. What I'm saying is it was really really good. Great. You just weren't mature enough to appreciate it, is what it sounds like. It was based solely on true events. When rescuing hostages, it would be ridiculous for you not to take it slow. Sure not every scene was gunshots and rioting, but that's because there's a lot of talking and negotiating involved. The movie didn't have a slow moment, it sounds like you just weren't mature enough to appreciate anything but the gunfire and riots. But that's okay, you will when you're older.

Also, to say the movie was racist is ridiculous. Period. If I sound pissed off, it's not because I'm really angry or anything. I'm just tired of people on the internet who will complain no matter who is announced to play Batman. Some people just love to complain about everything, and I get that, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Ben Affleck will be a great Batman.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized that I recognize quite a few of the people saying Affleck is gonna suck as Batman were among the people who said Ryan Reynolds would make a great Hal Jordan for no other reason than that he knew the Green Lantern oath. Coincidence?

I thought he was okay. Not great, but okay.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

Have you even seen his more recent work? He's massively improved as an actor, and Daredevil is actually good when you watch the director's cut instead of the butcher's work done in post-production.

That's not why I don't want to see him as Wayne. I actually really liked him in Daredevil. THESE are the reasons I don't want to see it.

1) He publicly said that he would never play a superhero again, proving that he is just media whoring and doesn't even care about playing Batman

2) Argo sucked. It was racist, slow and completely underused John Goodman. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

3) WE'VE ALREADY SEEN HIM PLAY A SUPERHERO!! ONE VERY SIMILAR TO BATMAN!!! DAMN!!

4) He doesn't care about the character. I know I already said this, but it's that big of a deal to me.

2. This fits into the sometimes people make bad movies despite their talents category.

3. Who cares?

3) It's like if we saw Hugh Jackman play Timber Wolf or Thomas Jane play Red Hood. I'm just going to imagine him saying everything as Daredevil in a black suit

4) I highly doubt it. Same thing could be said about Uma Thurman and Poison Ivy, look what happened there.

1. If an adamant stance can change over time, I was once adamant that Korn was the greatest band ever, then I turned 18.

2. Well Okay then.

3. That can be said for any actor, for instance I sometimes have trouble with seeing Sean Connery as anything other than James Bond.

4. Uma Thurman is a terrible actress IMO, Kill Bill is the only thing I ever liked her in. Affleck despite a few misses is a fairly good actor, not the best but good enough to know he should find something to care about in the character. Also he will be getting paid a hell of a lot better than Thurman was.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

@joshmightbe said:

3. Who cares?

1. If an adamant stance can change over time, I was once adamant that Korn was the greatest band ever, then I turned 18.

2. Well Okay then.

3. That can be said for any actor, for instance I sometimes have trouble with seeing Sean Connery as anything other than James Bond.

4. Uma Thurman is a terrible actress IMO, Kill Bill is the only thing I ever liked her in. Affleck despite a few misses is a fairly good actor, not the best but good enough to know he should find something to care about in the character. Also he will be getting paid a hell of a lot better than Thurman was.

1) Fair enough...But it just seems suspicions that Affleck is playing Batman, a superhero that is similar to Daredevil, after saying he would never play one...VERY suspicious.

3) True, but Connery is like 80 now, so you can kinda see him as Bond. Affleck still looks like Murdock, and I'll bet my bottom dollar he'll phone in his performance from Daredevil.

4) Uma Thurman's Good Movies:

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2

Pulp Fiction

Gattaca

The Avengers (Not making this any better)

Les Mis

My Super Ex-Girlfriend (Don't kill me)

Uma's Bad Movies:

Batman & Robin

Percy Jackson

Paycheck

Ben Affleck's Good Movies:

The Town

Good Will Hunting

Daredevil

Ben's Bad Movies:

Pearl Harbor

Gigli

Paycheck

Argo

Armageddon

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Glory Days

...I don't know about that...And PS I LOVE Uma Thurman, I just think that she accepts some roles she really doesn't give a damn about. She has the same problem as Nicolas Cage, who I am also a huge fan of.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: In Ben's good movies you forgot Dazed and Confused, Chasing Amy, and Company Men (A very underrated movie) and all of Thurman's "Good Movies" are arguable.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#60  Edited By Black_Claw

I have a better idea:

1. Sit the hell down

2. Shut the hell up

3. Wait until the damn movie comes out so that you can properly form a valid opinion.

And if you think for a second that President Obama is gonna listen to a random nerd raging about an actor playing his favorite superhero then you need some professional help.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taking it too far, but i don´t like ben affleck

Avatar image for the_crimson_horror
    The_Crimson_Horror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for the_crimson_horror
    The_Crimson_Horror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are blowing this way out of proportion. So Ben Affleck might have done wrong in the past. He's doing a rather good job of cleaning up his act. I personally liked Argo, and thought he did a great job writing and directing it. I think we should give it some time. Remember who Chris Evans played before Captain America? The Human Torch in the train wreck that we know as "The Fantastic Four". Perhaps Affleck can redeem himself like Evans did.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is still here?

*Repeatedly slams her head into the desk like that slow, almost step like sound played repeatedly in the Nolqn trilogy, only insead of Hans Zimmers's orchestra it's her skull and some wood.*

yangyangab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, to make certain all customer can email us anytime, were providing the best online service 24/7 here. So anytime, any place, should you have any risk or question or if you wish any Guild Wars 2 Gold, you possibly can come and buying Guild Wars 2 Gold from and have it soon since you paid. Many thanks coming http://www.sellgw2.com/

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RustyRoy

1. He said he won't play a superhero again soon. And he's does care about Batman, he's a comic book fan, but you've got to understand Daredevil almost ruined his career, and he got more backlash than he deserved for the movie, there's a rumor he already started training for the role so he cares enough. He's not a media whore, WB was pushing him for the role, he gave up the chance to direct The Stand for this movie, big blockbuster movies aren't even his type anymore.
    2. I loved that movie but that's just MO.
    3. Doesn't matter, it wasn't a noteworthy performance, most people haven't even seen it or care enough for it.
    4. He cares very much about the role, or else he wouldn't have agreed to play it, he knows he's got a very bad rap and if he bombs in the role then it will pretty much ruin his now perfect career, its a bigger gamble for him than its for WB, I think he'll try very hard to prove himself right and the haters wrong.
    Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Even if I wanted him out of MoS, there is no point in petitioning. They rarely affect anything and only serve to waste people time into thinking that what they really achieved something.

Avatar image for rossnrachel4ever
    Rossnrachel4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Argo was a great movie. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it bad. I would love to here why you think it's racist, though.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MasterDetective

the petition is on the french news: http://fr.cinema.yahoo.com/actualite/ben-affleck-batman-fans-constern%C3%A9s-moquent-095300610.html

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Loading Video...

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

dc movies arent very good. not surprised. but hey maybe affleck wont kill the batman movies like b&r.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

My Message to Ben Affleck...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MY god this is retarded. People actually made a petition for this? I have just lost even more hope in humanity. Give him a chance you dumbasses.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MY god this is retarded. People actually made a petition for this? I have just lost even more hope in humanity. Give him a chance you dumbasses.

A petition to the President of the United States of America.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#77  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I think Daredevil (even Director's cut) was a joke of a movie...

BUT

That was 10 years ago.Its not really a good argument against an actor. A lot can change in 10 years. Youtube didn't exist 10 years ago FFS!

I don't know how I feel about Affleck yet. I don't hate the choice, don't love it. Ultimately I'm just waiting to see and hoping for the best.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT HOLLYWOOD !!!

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingRobbStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was there reason for choosing Afleck from among actors who are a hundred times better than him? It would seem he has a lot of friends in the DC movie circles.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#81 k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's going to be a long two years....

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone relax. He'll be great. Watch Argo.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY SEPTEMBER 22, 2013 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*facepalm*

I'm sick of arguing about this, but: THE PRESIDENT HAS BETTER F*CKING THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN BEN F*CKING AFFLECK PLAYING BATMAN!!!

@tec79 said:

All of the the problems we face and the Internet has rallied and is petitioning to stop an actor to play Batman!Those who took the time to read and sign that but don't consider petitions concerning unemployment, education, health care or reform of the political system should re-evaluate some things.

"No matter how many times you post your stupid "Fire Ben Affleck from Playing Batman" petition, I'm going to delete it and block you. Take a deep breath, and think for a second:

Yeah, the dude's made some bad films. Every actor has. Every actor does. Every actor will. It's a huge, arcing career and NO ONE has control over where it goes. Movie to movie, year to year, you're collaborating and trying and risking and, sometimes, yes -- failing.

Plus, everyone seems to forget that he had the world dropped in his lap when he was YOUNG. And, judging by how other suddenly-famous youngsters do in the same situation, he fared pretty well. Even when it went wrong, he seemed to keep a self-deprecating, long-view philosophy about the burning freak carousel he'd found himself on.

And then what happened? I mean, he'd fallen from a HEIGHT. You know what happens to 95% of people who weather a descent that steep? They come apart, fray at all of their sanity nodes, and give up.

But then there's the 5% who embrace crushing defeat and see it for the gift it is. And here's the gift: when you fail, and fail UTTERLY, you wake up the next morning and see that the world didn't end. And then the fear of failure is gone. And you're free. You're free to proceed on your own terms and pace -- if you have the ego that permits you to.

Ben brushed himself off, realized he'd kept his eyes open on the movies he'd done, and started directing. And he's become a damn good one.

A Batman portrayed by someone who's tasted humiliation and a reversal of all personal valences -- kind of like Grant Morrison's "Zen warrior" version of Batman, post-ARKHAM ASYLUM, who was, in the words of Superman, "...the most dangerous man on the planet"? Think for a second and admit that Ben Affleck is closer to THAT top-shelf iteration of The Dark Knight than pretty much anyone in Hollywood right now.

I'd write more, but I have to go work on my post about how an overweight 44 year-old comedian with bad feet and insomnia would be a bold choice for The Joker."- Patton Oswalt via facebook https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswalt

These people said it best.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why, in the name of Odin, does anyone think that a White House petition holds any weight when it comes to the casting of a movie?

Sometimes I hate the internet because it allows stupid people access too.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I don't agree with Ben being Batman but not for the reasons displayed here.....childishness aside, I think it could go as well as captain america, chris evans wasn't my first choice for Steve Rodgers but it happened and it wasn't "THAT" bad ...now if Frank Miller takes his bullsh*t imagination and makes Batman kick Superman's ass, then I'll have a problem, but for the time being....leave it go.

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DarkShadows

Just wait. All the people who are complaining and whining are going to eat their own words if Ben Affleck does well as Batman which I really hope he does. Sure he wasn't really my first choice to play Batman, but I trust WB decision for now. Look at Heath Ledger, before the Dark Knight ever came out, a lot of people were like "Nooo!" and now... you already know what I'm going to say next.

Other than that, don't judge him yet.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: @lvenger:

What'll be funny is if this petition actually works. I will literally laugh until I need antacids if this petition stops Affleck from ruining the Batman franchise ala Schumaker.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#90  Edited By the_tree
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You see what some people don't understand is that doing s**t like this is exactly why none of the studios take comic fans seriously. When they see someone dumb enough to believe that the f**king White House would give even the faintest bit of a s**t who plays Batman makes us all look bad.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

J'you guys forget about Argo?

Have faith, I don't think they'd cast him if he sucked.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Strongarm

Anything that makes batfans cringe is comedy gold

and this is quality entertainment

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh..... this might be off topic but who's run is that? (Also, is that Kevin Maguire's art?)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think its all been said already, but Affleck was dire as Daredevil and a lot of that was due to the woeful script in that terrible film. Only Michael Clarke Duncan emerged with any credit from it. 25,000 petitioned against Michael Keaton and his two films were great. You've gotta give him a chance. More important things to petition on just now, such as chemical weapons in Syria!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm sorry but you need therapy if this upsets you so much. And why would Obama care about who plays Batman?

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger said:

F***'s sake this is goddamn ridiculous. The President has more important things to worry about than Ben Affleck as f***ing Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but you need therapy if this upsets you so much. And why would Obama care about who plays Batman?

Maybe because he wants to play Batman himself

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@rustyroy said:

@batmannflash said:

Maybe because he wants to play Batman himself

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.