Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

So Batman is on Miraclo now

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All jokes of course but this is the most impressive live action Batman we've seen.

How old is he in this movie? Mid 40s?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All jokes of course but this is the most impressive live action Batman we've seen.

How old is he in this movie? Mid 40s?

Yeah, putting aside Alfred and Bruce's comments on his age, along with physical appearance and such, I remember interviews from months ago where people were talking about how Bruce would be the oldest person on the League this time around, being far more world weary and battle hardened than everyone else. Think it makes sense given the fact that Joker and a bunch of villains are already well established.

Trailer's very impressive though. My hype for this film is through the roof, only matched by Civil War.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: He's nowhere near as old as I'd expected though. I thought he'd be TDKR old but he's not quite as old. He def doesn't look old despite their comments. Going by WW's trailer she's been fighting people for way longer (I think she was fighting Nazis?!).

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't like that he is in 40's. He should be younger for the first movie.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: He's nowhere near as old as I'd expected though. I thought he'd be TDKR old but he's not quite as old. He def doesn't look old despite their comments. Going by WW's trailer she's been fighting people for way longer (I think she was fighting Nazis?!).

Oh I never expected him to be TDKR old. I think that would've felt weird, unless you were gonna have the ages of the other characters range across the spectrum to go along with it.

Wonder Woman is probably going to end up as the outlier, being the one member of the League whose older than Bruce. Probably not physically, with her remaining eternally young or so, but in terms of experience depending on how they handle the origin.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't like that he is in 40's. He should be younger for the first movie.

2 movies covering his origin. Why stay the same? It's best to break away from the mold and have a Batman that's already been on the beat. Superman is more experienced too. Bruce still has a good maybe 10+ years on him. It's more believable this way.

@darthaznable said:

Oh I never expected him to be TDKR old. I think that would've felt weird, unless you were gonna have the ages of the other characters range across the spectrum to go along with it.

Wonder Woman is probably going to end up as the outlier, being the one member of the League whose older than Bruce. Probably not physically, with her remaining eternally young or so, but in terms of experience depending on how they handle the origin.

Well early reviews said they were taking from TDKR so I assumed they'd make it like that. At first I thought they'd copy the storyline but I've since been proved wrong.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Pre-Nazis actually since she fought in the First World War. She's over 5000 years old

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.