Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Should they go back to Dark Knight Returns?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

If Frank Miller decided to go back and write another sequel to Dark Knight Returns (one that was better than DKSA), would you want him to after (so I've heard) all the bad stuff he's done to Bats in All-Star Batman?

Think up a potential storyline, who'd the artist be, etc.

Personally, I think he could go with another chance and work with it.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Sparda

zero edge says:

"Nah, there's no need for another sequel to DKR, the way it ended in the first one is good enough and should've never had a sequel to begin with. I'd rather Frank write new stories, but yeah all-star bats sucks, good thing he teamed up with Jim Lee."

I was pretty disappointed with DKSA. They strayed to far away from what made the first DKR so great, and it had not the greatest art. Although it did have it's moments.

Is All-Star Batman really that bad? I mean (I'm not challenging people here, I'm geniunely wondering) what could Frank do that was so crappy?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By zero edge

Nah, there's no need for another sequel to DKR, the way it ended in the first one is good enough and should've never had a sequel to begin with. I'd rather Frank write new stories, but yeah all-star bats sucks, good thing he teamed up with Jim Lee.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lordraiden

Sparda says:

"If Frank Miller decided to go back and write another sequel to *Dark Knight Returns* (one that was better than DKSA), would you want him to after (so I've heard) all the bad stuff he's done to Bats in *All-Star Batman*? Think up a potential storyline, who'd the artist be, etc. Personally, I think he could go with another chance and work with it."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He's done his dash on batman! I personally think he's just having some personal fun and having his way with that character and DC comics are just too stupid to say no to all the things he's doing in allstar! allstar batman is a nice visual, but that's about it! it makes absolutly no sense and is so far removed from the character of batman and his universe/characters, that's it's become a parody of batman!

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By zero edge

Sparda says:

"zero edge says:
    "Nah, there's no need for another sequel to DKR, the way it ended in the first one is good enough and should've never had a sequel to begin with. I'd rather Frank write new stories, but yeah all-star bats sucks, good thing he teamed up with Jim Lee."

I was pretty disappointed with DKSA. They strayed to far away from what made the first DKR so great, and it had not the greatest art. Although it did have it's moments.

Is All-Star Batman really that bad? I mean (I'm not challenging people here, I'm geniunely wondering) what could Frank do that was so crappy?"

There are lots wrong, some people think Batman's dialogue is a little weird. He introduces a lot of the main DC characters but they all come off like pansys, except for WW who seems more manlier then Superman. And it takes forever to release, bi-monthly I think?

donkrieg76543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By donkrieg76543

Yes

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 years later and he's on a team writing a third installment of the story. Sorry to those who didn't want it.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: I enjoy it, I just wish the issues would come out on time. Now with a 9th issue being added, it won't be finished until next year.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparda says:

"If Frank Miller decided to go back and write another sequel to *Dark Knight Returns* (one that was better than DKSA), would you want him to after (so I've heard) all the bad stuff he's done to Bats in *All-Star Batman*? Think up a potential storyline, who'd the artist be, etc. Personally, I think he could go with another chance and work with it."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He's done his dash on batman! I personally think he's just having some personal fun and having his way with that character and DC comics are just too stupid to say no to all the things he's doing in allstar! allstar batman is a nice visual, but that's about it! it makes absolutly no sense and is so far removed from the character of batman and his universe/characters, that's it's become a parody of batman!

Foxus27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR III is easily one of his best stories at least for me

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too late :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.