Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Scott Snyder's batman vs Grant Morrison's batman

• 154 results
    rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Snyder is a basic b~tch.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Billy Batson

@entropy_aegis said:

Actually INC is the main story,it started with Damian & Talia and it's gonna end with them,granted I prefer his Batman & Robin to Batman Incorporated.

Oh :(
    BB

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Harlekin

@JoeEddie said:

Snyder for me. I do not like Morrison as a writer or as a person. New X-Men, Cassandra Nova, changing Beast's appearance, publicity stated that Batman is gay, having Joker imply that there is a homosexual relationship, and because of the age difference you know what else this implies, between Batman and Robin in Arkham Asylum: Serious House/Serious Earth and the list goes on. All of this is from Morrison.

@Harlekin said:

Morrison gave us Damian Wayne so he wins.

By taking an idea from an Elseworld story that he did not even read.

Point being he expanded on someone's else work and gave us Damian Wayne. Go Damian!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Gambit1024

I liked Morrison's.

I love Snyder's.

But Paul Dini's better than both of 'em. :P

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By John Valentine

@Gambit1024 said:

I liked Morrison's.

I love Snyder's.

Ha, not sure about Paul Dini being better than both...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Gambit1024

@John Valentine: Well, I'm over-exaggerating a little. I do that, lol.

Seriously though, all of my absolute favorite Batman work has been under Dini's pen. If you wanna get technical, yes, the Arkham Asylum game was based on Morrison's story, but Mask of the Phantasm, Arkham City, Heart of Ice, etc. were all his babies. As far as comic book runs go, I'm a huge fan of what Snyder's been doing, so I'll say him for right now (because he's still not done). Morrison's Arkham Asylum was probably my absolute favorite thing he ever wrote, so Batman one-shot's go to him. Batman stories in general, in my opinion, go to Dini.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Gambit1024 said:

I liked Morrison's.

I love Snyder's.

Swap Morrison and Snyder and you get my exact same thoughts.

EDIT: Except for the Arkham games, his writing sucks there.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By John Valentine

@Gambit1024 said:

Seriously though, all of my absolute favorite Batman work has been under Dini's pen. If you wanna get technical, yes, the Arkham Asylum game was based on Morrison's story, but Mask of the Phantasm, Arkham City, Heart of Ice, etc. were all his babies. As far as comic book runs go, I'm a huge fan of what Snyder's been doing, so I'll say him for right now (because he's still not done). Morrison's Arkham Asylum was probably my absolute favorite thing he ever wrote, so Batman one-shot's go to him. Batman stories in general, in my opinion, go to Dini.

Dini is great.

I don't like his comic book work as much as Snyder or Morrisson, but it's still good.

His comic-related stuff, various Batman Animated Series and video games, is incredible, though.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zella

I like Morrison's more, loved Batman and Robin when it was Dick and Damien.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JamesKM716

Snyder easily. But i hate Morrison's Batman (save for Ressurection of Ra's al Ghul, and Batman and Son)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By John Valentine

@Zella said:

Batman and Robin was fantastic.

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Harlekin

@Gambit1024 said:

Animated Series Batman to me is the definitive Batman. So for me Dini/Timm > Morrison > Snyder.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Gambit1024

Then there's Loeb too. Judge me if you will, but Hish was damn fine.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By The_jackolantern

I don't get the love for Morrison.it isn't the silver age get your pulpy wierd confusing stuff out of my comic

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gambit1024

Hush*

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
    Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime

Morrison for me. I liked Snyder's Batman work preFlashpoint, but his current run on Batman is just okay.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Eternal19

@John Valentine said:

@Zella said:

Batman and Robin was fantastic.

it was.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Lvenger said:

@Onemoreposter said:

Morrison.

In my mind, these two authors's stories aren't even close in quality.

Personally I think their styles are too different to compare. Snyder does a better darker twisted Batman story but Morrison is better with big concept, obscure Silver Age revamped stories. They're too different to properly compare

See, I'm yet to be impressed by anything Snyder has done on Batman, pre or post crisis. He's in the "alright" category as far as I'm concerned. To me, his writing comes off as dumbed down, juvenile even. I haven't found anything thought provoking or novel in his work, just sort've reblended imaginings of what he thinks is "[dark and twisted]."

Not saying he's bad either. I did decide to stay on board with death of a family. He's just nothing particularly special.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like, for me anyways, trying to compare The Avengers to The Dark Knight Rises or The Amazing Spider-Man. Their styles and therefore their overall runs are completely different. Morrison's willing to do his own thing, to really go out there, and I love his inclusion/alteration of Silver Age works. His work on Batman and Robin was excellent, that being said I despise Batman Inc. On the other hand, Snyder's not necessarily the best Batman writer i've ever seen either, but he does a very good job making him dark and realistic I think.

Both are good regardless.

Have to agree with you there, I often tend to compare other Batman works to Batman the Animated Series and find them a little bit wanting.

that it was. The Long Halloween and The Haunted Knight are also both excellent.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gambit1024

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I just read Long Halloween the other day, actually. Not bad, but not great either. Planning to read Haunted Knight soon. Does Dark Victory happen before that, or does it not matter?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024 said:

I just read Long Halloween the other day, actually. Not bad, but not great either. Planning to read Haunted Knight soon. Does Dark Victory happen before that, or does it not matter?

I thought it was a solid noir story.

Dark Victory is after Long Halloween. I actually believe Haunted Knight is before those two. I'm certain it was written before and it just collects three Batman adventures taking place around Halloween.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Skewer

Scott Snyder in my books. I've read a lot of Morrisons stuff and its really a mixed bag for me. Grant Morrison has written some very good stories but some were terrible. Snyder is a more consistent writer to me and most of his stuff is spectacular.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

I'm a fan of Snyder's work more so than Morrison's. Although I did enjoy Return of Bruce Wayne.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Morrison....followed close by Snyder...

lol

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By sinestro_GL

Snyder. I'm not that keen on Morrison, and Snyder took my breath away in 'The Court of Owls'

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

This thread depresses me, but it does not surprise me. 

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Alexander505

Both.

AkaBoAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AkaBoAli

I'll have to go with Snyder, for the simple fact that every issue he wrote is either good or great. I can't say the same about Morrison's work.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RustyRoy

@FatihBATMAN said:

Morrison....followed close by Snyder...

lol

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tie, I seriously cannot choose between them without feeling like I'm betraying the other

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@knightofthechronicle said:

Tie, I seriously cannot choose between them without feeling like I'm betraying the other

i feel the same way...why choose which one is better, why not be hippies and love it all! im just glad to get all these nice stories!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By X35

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8bea6023431
    deactivated-5a8bea6023431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's fair to compare as a Morrison story requires the ending to be complete so you should have to see Snyder's ending first to compare and contrast properly. Snyder's is clearly more accessible but other than that you can't say much at this point.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#85  Edited By xxxddd

We can argue all day who is the better artist: Michael Angelo or Leonardo Da Vinci, but at the end of the day, they are both great artists.

Don't care who(between these two) is writing Batman, they both do an outstanding job.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By havoc1201

I loved Morrisons run except when we would get stories that referanced 1950's Batman but everything else was great, I love what Synder is doing now and i think he will have a great and long run just like Morrison so why choose.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#87  Edited By knighthood

I prefer Snyder's Batman and Morrison's Damian.

Avatar image for portlandsbatman
    PortlandsBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By PortlandsBatman

I have to give it to Scott. He tells a great story and in less than a year. Morrison is making a great big adventure but I like stories to have an end. I am sure Morrison will rap this up when Inc. ends but, still a year or two max for a story.

darquehex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By darquehex

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Thank you for saying this.

I've been a fan of Morrison's work for a while and I keep having the same argument with the people at my local comic store about Snyder's Batman. They love it. They think it's original and inventive and acts as some sort of renaissance for the character. In the same breath they reject everything Morrison has and continues to do with his stories. When I ask why I usually get answers similar to the ones I've seen here such as "he changed the way Beast looked in X-Men." I'm not even as fond of New X-Men as I am of his other work but either way I cannot understand why that matters. Who cares what Beast looks like?

From "Batman & Son" through Professor Pyg and now with Leviathon I am happy to say that I never know what will come next when reading Morrison's work. The Invisibles, Flex Mentallo, and JLA all laid out a love for superheroes and a desire to see them taken to the next conceptual level. The Court of Owls was just Batman running around covered in proverbial owl-sh*t. And I don't know what the heck is going on with the current story. Is that Joker covered under his own face? To add insult to injury most people I speak to about Snyder's work think that Capullo is some slick newcomer regardless of the fact that I’ve two long-boxes filled with comics that he worked on a decade ago.

I want to avoid assuming that most fans of mainstream superhero comics are stupid, but I don't know what else it could be. How is this even up for debate? How is the title of this thread even a f*cking question? Please someone, anyone, explain this to me.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By havoc1201

@darquehex said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I've been a fan of Morrison's work for a while and I keep having the same argument with the people at my local comic store about Snyder's Batman. They love it. They think it's original and inventive and acts as some sort of renaissance for the character. In the same breath they reject everything Morrison has and continues to do with his stories. When I ask why I usually get answers similar to the ones I've seen here such as "he changed the way Beast looked in X-Men." I'm not even as fond of New X-Men as I am of his other work but either way I cannot understand why that matters. Who cares what Beast looks like?

From "Batman & Son" through Professor Pyg and now with Leviathon I am happy to say that I never know what will come next when reading Morrison's work. The Invisibles, Flex Mentallo, and JLA all laid out a love for superheroes and a desire to see them taken to the next conceptual level. The Court of Owls was just Batman running around covered in proverbial owl-sh*t. And I don't know what the heck is going on with the current story. Is that Joker covered under his own face? To add insult to injury most people I speak to about Snyder's work think that Capullo is some slick newcomer regardless of the fact that I’ve two long-boxes filled with comics that he worked on a decade ago.

I want to avoid assuming that most fans of mainstream superhero comics are stupid, but I don't know what else it could be. How is this even up for debate? How is the title of this thread even a f*cking question? Please someone, anyone, explain this to me.

I really enjoy Snyders run so far and i loved Morrisons im not really into Batman INC because i dont like the idea of Bruce saying he backs Batman operation i think it brings a huge connection to the two being one person but anyways have you read any of snyders of books like his detective comics run or American Vampire they are really great, and i know what you mean with Capullo he has been around forever he has some great covers from Image comics. I dont think that main stream comic readers are all stupid and i think thats really judgementle I feel it all comes down to what people feel Batman should be like and its all about taste and opinion some people hate what others love thats what makes us individuals so to you who is better snyder or morrison isnt a question bc you perfer morrison its all about opinion so there is no real answer.

darquehex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By darquehex

@havoc1201 said:

@darquehex said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I really enjoy Snyders run so far and i loved Morrisons im not really into Batman INC because i dont like the idea of Bruce saying he backs Batman operation i think it brings a huge connection to the two being one person but anyways have you read any of snyders of books like his detective comics run or American Vampire they are really great, and i know what you mean with Capullo he has been around forever he has some great covers from Image comics. I dont think that main stream comic readers are all stupid and i think thats really judgementle I feel it all comes down to what people feel Batman should be like and its all about taste and opinion some people hate what others love thats what makes us individuals so to you who is better snyder or morrison isnt a question bc you perfer morrison its all about opinion so there is no real answer.

Yeah, no. There is an answer and I'm pretty sure I had it at "judgementle."

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darquehex said:

@havoc1201 said:

@darquehex said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

*Judgmental

It's in question because different people have different opinions on what they like to see in a story and who's a better writer, or even what type of writing they prefer. Basically, hit the nail on the head with the above bolded. Really what you're saying is like saying some people are stupid for choosing to like Batman the Brave and the Bold over Batman the Animated Series. Everyone has different tastes.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@darquehex said:

@havoc1201 said:

@darquehex said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

*Judgmental

It's in question because different people have different opinions on what they like to see in a story and who's a better writer, or even what type of writing they prefer. Basically, @havoc1201 hit the nail on the head with the above bolded. Really what you're saying is like saying some people are stupid for choosing to like Batman the Brave and the Bold over Batman the Animated Series. Everyone has different tastes.

People who like The Brave and the Bold over Batman: the Animated Series are stupid. 
    Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Morrison is a great writer, but I prefer his Action Comics stuff. For Batman alone, I'd have to give it to Snyder

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95  Edited By entropy_aegis

@darquehex said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Yes this,Snyder follows a set formula in his work,if fans keep praising him like this then he's gonna end up becoming the next Jeph Loeb,or Johns.

16 issues in and what new concepts has Snyder introduced? compare it with Morrison's first 16 issues and the difference is staggering.

Also while Morrison packs his issues with events,Snyder merely writes as much dialogue and exposition as he can,it works for a while but seriously I dont need characters yapping about the same topic every other damn issue,get over with it man,show me something to justify all that tension and angst.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@darquehex said:

@havoc1201 said:

@darquehex said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

*Judgmental

It's in question because different people have different opinions on what they like to see in a story and who's a better writer, or even what type of writing they prefer. Basically, @havoc1201 hit the nail on the head with the above bolded. Really what you're saying is like saying some people are stupid for choosing to like Batman the Brave and the Bold over Batman the Animated Series. Everyone has different tastes.

People who like The Brave and the Bold over Batman: the Animated Series are stupid.

I disagree, though I was just giving an example, as i've never seen anyone say that. A better one could be people who prefer the original batman movie to the new ones.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By reignmaker

Snyder. It's more classic Batman. Morrison's run had its moments, but oftentimes felt weird purely for the sake of it.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By reignmaker

Brave and the Bold was quite good by the way.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MuyJingo

Snyder's Batman is.....well...terrible. He makes mistakes and does out of character things constantly, to server the story. Not something I agree with. Morrison s Batman is calculating and experiences.

If Morrison s Batman was in Court of the Owls or DOTF, both arcs would be finished by issue 5.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#100  Edited By darkwingdan

This is really tough for me. They both bring a lot to the table, and they both write the character to suit their strengths. Snyder's stories focus on the strengths of the character and twist them into weaknesses, forcing Batman (Bruce or Dick) to overcome strong psychological challenges. Morrison's stories fully embrace the tropes of superhero comics while blending in his own high concept sensibilities.

I guess I'd have to say Morrison's, but just slightly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.