Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Owlman Quantification

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zubinen

I was wondering, how exactly would you guys quantify Owlman from the movie: A Crisis on Two Earths?
    He has a drug enhanced super cerebral cortex and built the quantum trigger for his Q.E.D(Quantum Eigenstate Device[which is capable of destroying the multiverse using Heisenberg uncertainty override]) and made a vastly improved version of Alex Luthor's dimensional transit device and made it possible to lock people out of certain universes. As far as I can tell, he's pretty smart and probably quite dangerous with prep, but I'm wondering how to quantify this character in terms of standard equipment and abilities. 

As far as I can recall, here are the feats/inventory of standard equipment Owlman:
    1. Shoots 4 explosive disks at Superman knocking him back slightly.
    2. Surviving a full blast from Superman's super breath.
    3. Has an invisible plane with guns capable of hurting Superman.
    4. Carries a large caliber handgun.
    5. Uses exoskeleton built into suit to overpower Wonder Woman for 40 seconds(the same WW that beat Mary Marvel/Superwoman of Earth 2).
    6. Absorbs direct headbutt, slam, and kick to face from Wonder Woman.
    7. Suit can fly/glide at 150 meters/second(+)
    8. Explosive Razorangs that have at least 2x the blast radius of explosive batarangs.  (15 meter radius)
    9. Roundhouse kicked Batman hard enough to bend thick metal rails; also clawed through said rails with ease.
    10. 1 Sonic Razorang that cuts through 3 batarangs.
    11. Undamaged from a direct hit from 5 bat grenades.
    12. Swats away batarangs casually with his cape.
    13. Stomps on the ground creating 2m deep crater. 
    14. Punches through a 66 ton rock with ease.
    15. Undamaged from a direct explosion from an explosive batarang in-between his eyes.
    16. Made out with Super Woman without any tongue damage. 
    17. Has the Golden Voice(of James Woods that is). 

Is there anything to add or edit to what is presented in this post? I know this version of Owlman only appeared in a single movie and even then only for maybe 1/3rd of the movie, but he's by far one of the best villains(or characters in general) I've come across in all of animation. So how strong, durable, skilled, etc. would you guys say Owlman is(of course this assumes his standard suit and enhancement drugs are considered part of him).

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zubinen

So where would you guys place this version of Owlman on the power level scale? At least when he's using regular equipment and no prep that is. It seems like with his suit he's at least as good as non-extremis Iron Man. So if you had to place him inbetween two characters(or specific versions of specific characters) in terms of strength, which two characters would you pick?

For example: Bruce Wayne age 30 < Bruce Wayne age 40 < Bruce Wayne Age 35 meaning Bruce was in his prime at age 35 and was stronger at 40 than at age 30.  
    Another example: Midnighter < Bruce Wayne < Black Panther on mystical herb

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Agreed, Owlman made a great villain in the movie but in the comics he's nowhere nears as interesting as he was in the movie. And he also had the incredible voice of James Woods. I wish that the comic version would be rewritten to match the movie version. This should be in the Owlman forum not the Batman forum, a mod will most likely see this and move it for you.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By entropy_aegis

Honestly no idea,the animated versions of the characters were much weaker.
    Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zubinen
    @entropy_aegis said:

" Honestly no idea,the animated versions of the characters were much weaker. "

That's why I was asking what you guys thought since I was unsure myself. Still, things like the explosive power of some of his equipment and his ability to smash through rock and steel are in some sense absolute whereas things like over powering Wonder Woman would be unclear since this version of WW is weaker than the comic version and etc. Still, the animated version of Bruce Wayne and the comic version aren't too different. The big difference in power for the animated version vs the comic version usually occurs for characters with extensive super powers like Superman, Wonderwoman, Martian Man Hunter, etc.

I'm just asking what you guys think, for example, would Owlman have trouble fighting venom pumped Bane or would he be able to take on Spider Man, would he get wrecked by the wrecker, etc.
    XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, Owlman made a great villain in the movie but in the comics he's nowhere nears as interesting as he was in the movie. And he also had the incredible voice of James Woods. I wish that the comic version would be rewritten to match the movie version. This should be in the Owlman forum not the Batman forum, a mod will most likely see this and move it for you.

I couldn't find the Owlman forum! :(

Honestly no idea,the animated versions of the characters were much weaker.

Except for Owlman, who I can only guess was only buffed to awesomeness because of James Woods. Batman literally never got a single hit in (when fighting Owlman) throughout the entire movie!

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owlman just seemed like a a lethal version of Batman to me. His batarangs beat Batman's becasue they are meant to cause serious damage unlike Batman's. The sharp claws and the invisible jet with heavy Gatling guns seem to confirm that. However, I'll concede that his Exo-suit is cool as hell, and is something that Batman himself should've been rocking years ago.

Yeah, he's a pretty cool villain, and seemed more physically impressive than his comic book counterpart. Still I think he's meant to demonstrate what a ruthless, villainous Batman would be like. Without morals, a ruthless Batman, giving his genius intelligence, abilities, physical skills, and his almost limitless resources would be a terrifying enemy to face, and Owlman demonstrates that point clearly, and the movie itself brings that comparison during their final battle.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Owlman has to be one of those rare exceptions where an adaptation is vastly superior to the source material, the character from the comics is just a waste like the rest of the CSA.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.