Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Guys......u knew that?!....

Christian Bale reportedly offered $50 million to return in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

That's a lot of money but if Bale is back, the movie will make far more than it would with a new batman.

I'm all down for Bale....i mean,RDJ took about $80 million for the Avengers.Bale taking 50 wont be even mentioned.

Agreed and with Bale on board the movie is surely gonna make more than 1 bil, maybe even come close to match Avengers BO and although I'd like to someone else on the role, bringing Bale back wouldn't be bad if they somehow make him more like the comic book Batman. And no to Bloom.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By PunyParker

@rustyroy: Batman/Superman will make more money than a potencial JLA one.

And something else.Avengers didnt have any single hugely beloved character in it.Comics starting.Batman/Superman has,.....BATMAN/SUPERMAN!!

So there is potencial to be something bigger.

I hope you get my point.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr.Ben as Batman.....totally cool with that!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Me too, we could get a Batman movie directed by Affleck.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Τhat.....i'm not sure how to feel of......Bruce Wayne?...i like him....dirrect -wise?....eh....

royalassassian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Found this on facebook. it looks like a costume design for the batman/superman movie. I looked up the artist Stephen Scott. He worked on batman before the new 52 and did that comic that came with the dark knight blu ray special edition and did some art work on smallville. So he has worked with DC and WB. So this could be legit. I love the notes!!!

ironmanbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you guys been to this website concerning Batman vs. Superman? trying to find people who have seen it to discuss with ha they make really good points about the movie. heres a couple of their posts - take a look and let me know what you think. The watchmen one in particular is cool.

http://www.moviecricket.com/batman-vs-superman-learn-zack-snyders-watchmen-59165/

and this one outlines what the storyline is likely to be. Spot on in my opinion!

http://www.moviecricket.com/batman-vs-superman-the-ideal-storyline-40763/

Can't wait for this movie.

Avatar image for teentitansfan94
    TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the ONLY ONE who LIKED Batman & Robin?

JonnoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HistorianTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how much calcium is contained in milk?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how much calcium is contained in milk?

125 mg in 100 gms

HistorianTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viynl_scrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By viynl_scrach
    No Caption Provided

ponies

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness
    Knightsofdarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, this is a old forum.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zrhatch99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the ONLY ONE who LIKED Batman & Robin?

yeah pretty much

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Hey I don't know if this idea has been mentioned or not but what would you guys think if Harvey Bullock was played by Christopher Walken?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..Can't believe during Batman 75th anniversary that WB haven't announced the next solo Batman film...hopefully something's coming soon!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope there isn't any new batman solo film ( unless it's good)

livefastest13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@knightsofdarkness2:

from the news I've heard is Ben Affleck is going to play Batman in upcoming movie. New reports state that Ben will play Batman but just as Bruce Wayne in the second Man of Steel Movie. Not to sure if it will be in Gotham or Metropolis and not sure how big of a role Bruce will play in the new movie. I just think it was time DC thought for The Dark Knight and Man of Steel to be in a movie together... I know in past years they said they were working on a Batman Superman Movie they even had the logo. If you watch I AM LEGEND when Will Smith is in Time Square you see a movie poster add for the movie and that was the movie company releasing a Easter egg to let fans know it will happen soon. This is all rumors as far as I know and nothing is set in stone except the Ben Affleck part, he has had interviews were he states he will play Bruce in upcoming movie....

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#427  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@knightsofdarkness2:

from the news I've heard is Ben Affleck is going to play Batman in upcoming movie. New reports state that Ben will play Batman but just as Bruce Wayne in the second Man of Steel Movie. Not to sure if it will be in Gotham or Metropolis and not sure how big of a role Bruce will play in the new movie. I just think it was time DC thought for The Dark Knight and Man of Steel to be in a movie together... I know in past years they said they were working on a Batman Superman Movie they even had the logo. If you watch I AM LEGEND when Will Smith is in Time Square you see a movie poster add for the movie and that was the movie company releasing a Easter egg to let fans know it will happen soon. This is all rumors as far as I know and nothing is set in stone except the Ben Affleck part, he has had interviews were he states he will play Bruce in upcoming movie....

Ummm...

Ben Affleck as Batman in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

livefastest13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@livefastest13 said:

@knightsofdarkness2:

Ummm...

I KNOW THAT NOW BUT WHEN WE WERE TALKING ON FORUM THEY WEREN'T SURE IF IT WAS REAL. DC AND WARNER BROS JUST RELEASED OFFICIAL DETAILS A FEW DAYS BACK. I WAS JUST TELLING HIM INFO THAT WAS OUT DURING POST!!! BUT THANK YOU ANYWAYS LOOKS BAD @ZZ

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, before I ask this question, I want it to be known I'm not asking for a Batman movie any time soon. I'm honestly burnt out on big screen Batman at the moment, but I am kind of curious.

At some point, we will see a new movie starring Batman set in the new DCcU with Batman apparently being kind of old for this crime-fighting, one has to wonder what they'll do going forward.

Which brings me to the question. What storyline should DC use for the next Batman movie, if any? I'm partial to a revamped Battle for the Cowl idea, myself. During the production phase, WB could release 10-15 minute clips showing the skills of each Robin and introducing how they fit into Batmans' life while they recount their case on taking over for Batman, (Dick and Tim are concerned with his age, Damien thinks he's already skilled enough to take over, and Red Hood feels it's owed to him and the others don't have what it takes to make the hard decisions that come with the Cowl.)

While I think we all know who wins the battle in the comics, I think there should be some input from the fans on who they want to see carry on that legacy.

At the end of the day, that's probably not the most popular idea (replacing Batman in the justice league? Whoever heard of such a thing, right?) Still, I'm curious to hear other ideas for what old Bats will do next on his own.

NaveTorment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@teentitansfan94: I was a big fan of it growing up but lostly coz I loved looking at my toys up there on the big-screen :D Even back then I knew that it wasn't "the real Batman" at least not the one from the animated Tv show / comics! And yeah, I was like what? 7 or something? In retrospect I enjoy it as a better attempt at the sort of Batman movie Schumacher was trying to make than Forever, and Schumacher was trying to make a 90s version of Adam West... which isn't a bad idea altogether, people just weren't ready for it. If he made that today with a very "Brave and the Bold" sort of approach, it would've been a success.

Batfleck... okay seems promising, but I doubt that Snyder will be able to explore the character any more than what Nolan has already done in the trilogy. I feel like TDKR was mis-released; the film should have come out in 2018, with a much older Christian Bale and more experienced Chris Nolan. Kind of like how the aesthetics of SLEEPY HOLLOW should've been a third Tim Burton Batman movie with an older detective Batman investigating the Riddler and a very young, Tim Burtony-orphaned Dick Grayson living in Wayne Manor and learning to embrace his role as Robin. Supes vs. Bats is something that still makes me cringe. Honestly, Batman as a character has been over-exposed and could do well with him existing as a sort of parody of the character, like Adam West was. I mean, already he's being parodied in LEGO Batman, (all over the internet), and even in that new TMNT trailer. Batman is no longer the character who "needs to be made truthfully like the comics" -- we already had that, and today he's the norm. TDK became the norm. And it's tiring to see that character being rehashed over and over again. I'm glad they pushed Dawn of justice to 2016.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By flameboy298

close up

No Caption Provided

bboykhoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By bboykhoma

I hardly can imagine Ben Aflek as Batman. Especially after Bale

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: This is very sad, he was one of my favorite actors, R.I.P Robin Williams.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By RustyRoy
    Batmen paying respects to Robin

I always wanted to see him in Batman movie.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I always wanted to see him in Batman movie.

Fun fact. Kevin Conroy and Robin Williams were roommates back when they were going to Julliard.

CrunchyCarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://youtu.be/fpFRvMOkPnE

This is a "fan trailer" I made on my youtube channel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.