Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Cole_Mercer

Am I the only one who thinks that Nolan's Batman trilogy messed up things for future comic book movies? I just think that from now on whenever a director wants to take a more dark & complex approach at a certain superhero, they will automatically compare it to Nolan's work and I don't think it's fair at all. People were comparing ASM to The Batman films and I still don't see any similarities. What do you guys think?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MuyJingo

They were the first decently done dark superhero films, so future comparisons while anoying are inevitable. Have they screwed things up for movies? Not at all, they paved the way for that type of film. Just look at Man of Steel.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

People are always comparing movies to other movies, saying "so and so" copied or "stole" such and such idea from said movie. Just look at the new Star Trek movie or Pacific Rim, the first trailers for those movies were just released this past week and people have already compared them to The Dark Knight and Transformers. Same will happen when the Justice League movie comes around as people will compare it to Avengers and so forth.

But do I think it will hurt future comic book movies? Nah, in my opinion, people who start comparing movies like Amazing Spider-Man or whatever to another movie, like The Dark Knight, are just trying to find something to complain about; simply as that. We're going to have comic book movies with dark storylines, Batman isn't the only character to be "dark and gritty" despite what some might argue.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

Gasp.

It raised the bar?

What a f**king tragedy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.